It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another time traveler photo ??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
This is a photo of Asbury Park, New Jersey circa 1914

Wondering who he's calling on his phone

Original photo : www.shorpy.com...
edit on 25-12-2013 by drneville because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by drneville

Either very long distance or he's just scratching his ear (edit: although zooming in on your zoomed in pic he'd holding a white object in his hand, with a grip like we'd hold a larger telephone. Good find, although it must be a newspaper or a broadside or something).

And this is a great photo, look at those beautiful gowns the women wore just to walk around outside. And all the men in suits - a different era of societal courtesy and a formal accepted norm for fashion. Today a photo from that same spot would find everyone in sandals, shorts, and cut offs. A great capturing of a moment in time.

edit on 25-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Beautiful photo. Really captures that era so perfectly.

But I have to admit that as much as I wish this were true, I only see a man making a fist and probably scratching his ear with his pointer finger.
edit on 25/12/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/12/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: added a thought

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Sure that is the ONLY explanation. I am sure nobody in that time had maybe an itch on their cheek?

I am tired of explaining this, nobody listens anyway. Needless to say that we should consider the roughly 134 normal explanations before we start to look into time travel.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I miss John Titor.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

cigarette in the ear?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Could it be, isn't it more plausible, that he is holding his rolled up handkerchief (very common for the period) and cleaning his ear with it at that time? Unlike today's society, they were more discrete when in public like this scene. In fact, you can see a man to his right (our left) in the photo blowing his nose into his handkerchief.

I believe this is eminently more plausible IMO than any unproven existence of time travelers. However, I would love to have that evidence/proof, but I do not think this is it unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Zooming in at 400 percent the "phone" approximates the look of late 1990s portable/cell phones, so this isn't as bad a thread as it may seem (although, no, time travel is not a likely option). The "caller" also has a fairly nice size ring, probably a wedding ring from the looks of where it's situated and the 1900's trophy wife on his arm.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Aleister
Zooming in at 400 percent the "phone" approximates the look of late 1990s portable/cell phones, so this isn't as bad a thread as it may seem (although, no, time travel is not a likely option). The "caller" also has a fairly nice size ring, probably a wedding ring from the looks of where it's situated and the 1900's trophy wife on his arm.

SO, I guess all his money went into the "time machine" to travel back with an old "big-ass-old
" cell phone, when cell service did not exist? Yeah, that's plausible..... < rolls eyes >

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Krakatoa

Aleister

SO, I guess all his money went into the "time machine" to travel back with an old "big-ass-old
" cell phone, when cell service did not exist? Yeah, that's plausible..... < rolls eyes >

Since this was addressed to me, of course it's not plausible. Did you think it was? But I like the thread for the peek into 1904. I just hope somebody picks up the other cell phone that's laying on the boardwalk over on the empty area on the right, you just can't leave those things lying around (you may need it to ask Siri where the next Ice Cream Social is to be held).

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I just posted this, just because it surely looks like some of those early portable phones

Have a good one

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Is that Susan Boyle in the foreground? maybe there are two time travelers in this photo...

Time travel is possible but it's beyond our current technology, if you wanted clarification you would have to go back in time yourself, but then you would be in the photo.

There is a similar theory that involves UFOs, that they are merely our future descendants who've come to visit the past, which could explain the secrecy and the bullet quick retrievals of crashed UFO's, because if the truth came out it might rewrite history and Marty McFly will never be born.

And it could be a guy with an itchy ear. But never rule time travel out, In the quantum world stranger things have happened.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Could be. And check out the 5 MIB's walking away from him?

It's probably not a phone, but there's no harm in guessing and it is a gorgeous photo.
It's also a welcome break from building innumerable lego creations, at the moment!

S&F

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Is not Thomas

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Or he's holding a paper while scratching his ear and looking off into the distance at something with his wife

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Upon further inspection, it appears that there is indeed, a time traveler in this photo...

Look at the very bottom right of the zoomed pic.

Great find!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

xavi1000
Is not Thomas

Wow this video is sooo bad.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It wouldn't matter if this was as real as it gets. As a society, we are trained not to see what's right in front of our face, if it doesn't fit what our society has agreed is reality. We will find ways to rationalize it, and explain it all away, confirming the group bias.

S&F. Love the old photo.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I hear what you are saying. I sometimes think that's why drugs are a taboo, they alter you're reality so society all seeing eye is not as affective as its intended
. But in this case we see what we want to see. To me its nothing.

Am guessing this will get deleted.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join