It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Vs. Bush vs....WHY?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This member has something to rant a bit about.....

I have a bone to pick and get past. It's a little bone this day, as well it ought to be given the date. The only big bones anyone has ought to be what sits within a Turkey or other Holiday favorite.

Still, small or not, it's a bone I've put thought into. Perhaps it's nearly a year of evolution from the partisanship I once embraced so closely myself. Perhaps it that same period of simply watching while Washington Right and Washington Left basically did the same thing to us, while standing on different sides of the stage and pointing at each other.

(They were HOLDING the same scripts if no one bothered to noticed those fine points of the performance we've all been given recently.)

So what is it with that Idiot Bush or that Moron Obama anyway??? Bush zapped us and Obama just plugged us into the full 220v socket for effect. Or.....did they?

I have no question in my mind that Presidents DO have guidelines they are expected to remain within for the international order of things. I have no question that they also receieve a very special briefing in the first week or two for understanding their place in things. It's there I think they get told, not asked, what they will be accomplishing as BIG policy issues, then told to have fun with whatever they want to pursue or do outside that as Presidents.

So, they DO have independent ability to make a thing better or worse. They all do, IMO. Do they have MORE ability? No... I really have come to think they don't. Obama couldn't reverse course, even if he genuinely wanted to, and pursue opposite goals. We have a terrible day in Dallas long ago to likely show where that path ends ..and perhaps they are told that outright, too. Hard to say....

So the point of my little rant is... STOP! Not to ATS, or even just the net...but generally and overall.

STOP!

Stop wasting time, energy and good hard work chasing Obama as the prize or political goal ...before asking yourself something.

Would removing Obama by forced retirement or impeachment change anything? Would it? Did throwing Bush out on his tail REALLY change anything? (Okay, things got worse...but would McCain have prevented it or just made 'worse' look different?)

As we move through this Holiday season and start into what will probably be the most vicious and hotly contested Mid-Term election in living memory, I ask that everyone stop for just a moment ..and ask yourself that question above. Ask them both.....and see, when no one is around to care or hear....what your true answer is to yourself?

Is it productive to chase the MEN ...who rotate and leave us feeling hopeful and ready to be taken for a ride again each transition ...or should we look PAST the men and at the SYSTEM they represent and do the bidding of?

An ultimate question we each much answer within ourselves, for that last bit. An important one though. I hope we all give it at least a passing consideration. Many will spend this coming year, some by profession, setting us up as Americans to attack and fight each other.

If nothing else this season, lets take one thing out of it and carry this coming year. Goodwill Toward Man. It's a simply thing...it's a basic ideal. It's so critically important to productive change, IMO.

Worth considering?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Au Contraire, fellow rabbit!

I see our task, our job, to do what the 4th estate used to do.

We must always stay vigilant! We report, debate, discuss, the ever encroaching monolith of corruption.

No-one else will.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Ike said it and no one is listening:

That's only 2.5 minutes. Listen to it again.

THAT is the enemy. 60 years later they have gotten very good at what they are doing. Keeping people divided, by any issue, so that they can continue to go to the bank and consolidate more power.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Believing that a new President from either party is going to once again represent the Republic and serve the people is about as ridiculous as grown ups believing Santa will still come down their chimney and leave them presents.

"The Truth Shall Set You Free" seems to be irrelevant in the current state of politics in this country. Truth is such a rarity when coming out the mouth of a politician that one must really pay attention to actually notice the truth when and if they ever speak it!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

beezzer

We must always stay vigilant! We report, debate, discuss, the ever encroaching monolith of corruption.

No-one else will.

Shh.. don't tell anyone. Just between us Bunnies...but one of the courses I'm taking this semester is Intro to Journalism. (grin)

I'm one step ahead of ya....even if it's a slow process to reach a useful point.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The Turkey concurs that the Rabbits speak veritas, both of them. And the Intrepid... And the Seeker...

That is a lot to ask though, of the average Joe who's thoughts are centered on who will win the super bowl - Those who have embraced the charade of the artificial division that has been presented to them by those who wish to divide and conquer.
It's us versus them - Them, being the guys with the different colored uniforms and that whimpy mascot.
Let's kick their arse! Stupid Donkeys...

edit on 24-12-2013 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Believing that a new President from either party is going to once again represent the Republic and serve the people is about as ridiculous as grown ups believing Santa will still come down their chimney and leave them presents.
reply to post by seeker1963

Now, that's just plain silly.
With the advent of central heating, large chimneys were no longer needed.
With the difficulty obtaining wood, and cost of wood heat, fireplaces are for the most part a thing of the past.
Santa has a 'master' key.
I thought everybody knew that.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Perhaps it that same period of simply watching while Washington Right and Washington Left basically did the same thing to us, while standing on different sides of the stage and pointing at each other.

The same thing happens down under.

The left will claim that they pulled us through the GFC, and then the right will claim that the left caused the GFC, and then the left will argue that the right laid the foundations for the GFC, and then...well you get the picture.

Both sides have invested so much time into attacking and debasing each other that they've forgotten how to govern properly. Down under the major party is called the opposition party and they take their moniker all too seriously. They oppose for the sake of opposing, if the ruling party says the sky is blue then you can bet the opposition will say the sky is green. There is no middle ground until someone gets killed, then both sides are in agreement (for public relations sake.)

But at the end of the day they walk away with a 100K a year pension and disappear into the fog of history, just like George Dubya did, and Obama will too, unless the public pressures the law makers into action.

On a lighter note it's now Christmas day down under so merry Christmas to you!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I find it a conspiracy when Obama's approval rating hits 29% and everyone is told "stop it!!"...
Beeser is right...keep hammering Obama.

I heard "stewed rabbit" is a favorite at the WH!
edit on 24-12-2013 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You have some good points but you are forgetting one thing.

Its against the law to lie to a Federal employee ( Capital Hill) but its not against the law to lie to the people, so they can tell the truth to each other and feed the public lies and they are being legal about the whole thing. I gave up on the fools that are in DC, my approach is to help make sure we put all new people in DC during the next elections, who knows maybe starting over will work.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Well, now I'm not suggesting Obama doesn't have personal blame. He most certainly does. As does Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon..........and we could go on.

True..Obama is the man of the hour and the place the buck stops right now. No question and I didn't mean to suggest we overlook his personal actions in favor of the bigger picture.

I believe the bigger picture makes FOCUS on the man who happens to hold the office a self defeating effort though. We focus on Obama ..and when he leaves office, we'll be thrilled. Hopeful. Happy. Ready to give the next guy a chance ...and for MOST people? That is how this goes.

Inside a year..maybe two at most, as before, we'll find our New Hope after Obama is just a different wrapping on the same policy package.

So, the issue is, focus on the man for a false victory or focus on the system and when or if progress is made there, have faith the little corrupt men across it and from both sides will be taken care of in the mix of the bigger problem?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I get very annoyed because you have so many republicans bashing Obama, and were doing so before he actually did anything worthy of bashing, simply because he was a democrat. This is how it has always been. And I get annoyed because look at what Bush did to us and our country, yet these same people supported him all the way. And these are the same people who cried for impeachment of Clinton because they said he lied about what he did with "that woman, Miss Lewinski."

Now it stands to reason that, if republicans truly were upset because he lied, then they should have turned on Bush when it became apparent he lied 100% about WMD's in Iraq. It is a FACT that he and his staff KNEW Saddam had no WMD's, yet he stood in front of the American public and lied. Now why is an act that took us to war not as important as what Clinton did in the White House, which was his personal business?

My entire point is that with many people it is not about the truth, or what is right, but rather about blindly supporting their party. Why were the democrats not pushing to impeach Bush like the right wing did with Clinton? Because they are different, and they care more about getting things done and don't get caught up in all the political mess. Sure, there are exceptions, but I believe that the republican party has a following of mindless sheeple much moreso than the left. Fox News has proven that.

new topics

top topics

join