It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Replying to any ATS threads pegs my CPU @ 66%, steadily

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I just tried it and got the same result, Damn! I reset and it is just the same!

ROFL

What did you go for and what is the inbuilt security like. I would mention what I like about my add ons and such like but it would be a naughty considering the T&Cs

lol

P

edit on 25/12/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I was having the same problem with the CPU usage on ATS using Firefox as well as Shockwave failing constantly. I was glad to have found this thread because disabling Hardware Acceleration fixed it. It was becoming very annoying so thanks for that tip.

Edited to add, all the adverts are in image href's now instead of Flash and I am thinking that Firefox isn't handling the player all that well. I am up to date on Firefox and the player so... that is my best guess.
edit on 25-12-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

Thanks Holly.

Did not fix the problem for me.

I may have to bit the bullet, difficult as it is. I suppose I can leave firefox installed until I catch up on all the other stuff like passwords and such like.

P

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by Hollie

Thanks Holly.

Did not fix the problem for me.

I may have to bit the bullet, difficult as it is. I suppose I can leave firefox installed until I catch up on all the other stuff like passwords and such like.

P

I hear ya on the uninstall / reinstall which was the main reason I put up the OP the way I did, even with all the Java stuff, I knew my machine should be handling simple Internet protocols to establish a reply without pegging my CPU.

Instead of diving into to figure out the issue, I needed a work around to see what WOULD work and what would not; I went the easy way.

So now, we both know it's FF.
My suggestion is, if you're like me, install Opera to get you back up to normal operations without the frustrations and t/s FF at your leisure. Opera is definitely worth it for now; There are some features I like already way more than FF concerning user friendly options and features and I used to be a HUGE fan of FF over the others and if Opera fails me for some reason, FF will be my back up.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Komodo

So now, we both know it's FF.

The biggest problem with FF (from what I have seen over the years) is the people who make most of the decisions don't listen to the users. They suffer from little dictator syndrome. It's probably the only power they've ever had in their lives and they enjoy it too much to use it responsibly.

I have seen several instances of them making really big changes that people didn't like and they just didn't care.

Unfortunately, though, FF is the best browser out there if you're attached to it's add-ons. There are some I've been using for years. Use them every day. I installed Opera for a test run and gave it a go but I felt naked without the add-ons and Opera's add-ons are a joke compared to FF.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join