It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar Melts and Bush takes no action

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
US dollar up and gold prices drop today
but I think this is the short term dollar rally that I have been expecting, I expect (well at least hope) that the rally continues thru December but we'll just have to wait and see

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The pound is up as is the Euro while the Canadian $ is down slightly. I really do not like how high the CND $ is, I however believe that a lower USD will help the American Export sector considerably. How low will it go? Some people believe that the CND could see its all time highs again witha currancy worth more than the USDs and that would be bad for Canada but good for the US. Because right now Canada is an export economy primarily. The US is an IP/Import economy, the transition to a full knowledge economy is almost complete, but until the US gets there, there will be some pain.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This is a fantastic thread. This situation really brings some options to the table for alot of countrys. I hope this will wake people up to the fact that you cannot rely on a peice of paper to hold value for ever.(unless of course it is baised on a gold/silver standard from the sound of it).. I have started to purchase 10oz Silver Bullion bars,and 1oz silver rounds today from our biggest local exchange/merchant,and its alot of fun acually.
Quite a thril to hold raw value in your hands, and quite pleasing to look at as well. It is quite a unique feeling to have most of my savings in my hands, and not stored in a bank. Im next going to by some 1/4 oz and 1/10 oz gold rounds but i think the silver is much easyer to use.So i am going to by some of the 1/10oz rounds, but mainly the 10oz silver bullion bars,and also the 1oz rounds..fun stuffs.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
the pound is breaking record highs and euro looks like it's gonna hit $1.35 before the holidays. where is the US dollar rebound that was supposed to happen????

gold prices are up again and the yen, omg who would thought months ago this is where it would be today.

[edit on 12-2-2004 by worldwatcher]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join