It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10,000 year old civilization which was more advanced than us

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Have to disagree with you here Hanslune. He used slave labour and was complicit in the Nazi Regime. That makes him a war criminal. He may also have had reservations but it does not excuse his actions. What is interesting is talking to older Germans who are still alive from that era. They nearly all state that everyone knew what was going on and to deny it is ridiculous - they have the opinion that denying knowledge of the genocide is ridiculous.

The fact he then put man into space gets him some credit but it doesn't excuse previous injustice and atrocities.

Or was Mengele also good because his work opened up further information on the rejection of transplants into patients?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Why does it have to be a war? Couldn't they have been doing experiments in the middle of the city? Tickling the Dragons tail, and didn't stop in time :p

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I wonder if the current exponential speed of technological development suggests that old memories are being reawoken i.e. this technology existed say 10,000 years ago but was destroyed maybe in a flood.

Our memories contain proteins from our ancestors and once they are triggered then the previous technology is recreated.

It does seem strange how rapid advances are currently being made in all fields of science.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Have to disagree with you here Hanslune. He used slave labour and was complicit in the Nazi Regime.

Because at that time we were in another war, 'justice' often takes a back seat to expediency.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg
I wonder if the current exponential speed of technological development suggests that old memories are being reawoken i.e. this technology existed say 10,000 years ago but was destroyed maybe in a flood.

Our memories contain proteins from our ancestors and once they are triggered then the previous technology is recreated.

It does seem strange how rapid advances are currently being made in all fields of science.

More like the sharing of information, built on a rapidly expanding technological foundation of basic science

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Absolutely, this was predicted decades ago with Moore's law.

And as technology gets more advanced, so new discoveries will become easier.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Absolutely, this was predicted decades ago with Moore's law.

And as technology gets more advanced, so new discoveries will become easier.

Somewhat dated but I saw a prediction that scientific discovery (published papers) would increase by x 16 in ten years

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Whatever I'm saying are possibilities backing up my belief that they really were more advanced.
Just possibilities.
Okay, you say why are there no skyscraper remains. Probably they didn't have any skyscrapers as all their transport may have been by air. And that's why they didn't need bridges too. OR, like we already have had 2 world wars, maybe even they had a war, after which they cleaned up everything and before they could rebuild the buildings and the bridges, the next war must have begun.
You say that the scientist(s) that remained, could use metal tools or build a steam engine. We in our world which has all those things, in the sense, you or me, no offense, but think truthfully; I mean I don't know how to make a steam engine. And I am confident that at least 80% of the world's population doesn't. What are the chances that out of the 5-6% who may have survived the nuclear war, a suitable number of them would have been scientists, that too in a nearby neighborhood so they can collectively work and make steam engines instead of growing crops and making houses with all available resources, with probably 20 years or less remaining of most of their lives.
You say that we have advanced to a lavel in which we have ways to preserve our artifacts for thousands of years. I say, maybe they reached a level in which they had weapons to destroy even those ways of protection of ours.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Havent caught up with the whole post.. but someone asking about similar architecture in mayan vs egyptians? with anti seismology science?
www.youtube.com...
Its in french. But buildings lasting longer than ours? they did "Ghize Pyramid". No one can tell how old they really are.

No plastic or nuclear waste? maybe they were greener than we were.

You all watch this video... if no one linked it before.. and come back to this post

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I liked this quote of Stanton Friedman on the subject :

Heinrich Schliemann had to dig down 75 feet to find Troy dating from just a few thousand years ago. How much of earth has been explored that deep, no less the much greater depth that would be needed to tell us about civilizations that were lost due to asteroid collisions or nuclear wars or continental drift since hundreds of millions of years ago?

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join