It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Reverses its Magnetic Poles ( Video )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
i searched but couldn't find this anywhere

in this video provided by NASA's own you tube channel , you can clearly watch the sun reversing its magnetic poles , its a short video and an interesting one , the video was uploaded on the 5th of December this year.

This visualization shows the position of the sun's magnetic fields from January 1997 to December 2013

edit on 22-12-2013 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
And we are sure it IS in fact the sun changing it's magnetic pole?

Since we are rotating around the sun could it be the effect of our plane not being aligned perfectly with the sun's equatorial/rotational plane?

Just wondered.

And if the sun indeed chance it's magnetic pole, chances are it happens regularly. And still we haven't had an extingtion level cataclysmic event.

Bugger!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Yup, a completely normal occurrence. It happens as the sun reaches the peak of the solar cycle.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

SolarObserver
reply to post by Dr UAE

Yup, a completely normal occurrence. It happens as the sun reaches the peak of the solar cycle.

Every 11 years, approx'.

It has warmer and cooler periods, too, related to sun spot activity. The Sun is still much of a mystery to Scientists.

Thanks for sharing the great visualization.
edit on 22-12-2013 by Revolution9 because: typo.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Everyone is talking about 11 years.
But this Video goes over a period of nearly 16 years.
It starts on Jan. 1997 and ends Dec.2013

Could it be that the term "Solar Cycle" and "Solar Poleshift" are different things?

edit on 22/12/13 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/12/13 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

If you pay attention you will notice that by 2008 it has flipped and reached a relatively stable state and then as it moves towards 2013 you can see it starting to flip again.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This is great news !

It means we will live, when a pole shift occurs.

Woohoo !!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

That's a really cool video! Thank you for sharing.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

How can we know for sure this is really a representation of NASA's equipment measuring the suns poles?

What is the relation the earth has with sun"s magnetic field?
The earth is placed in the magnetic field of the sun, in the sun's heliospere.

What is the relation between the suns heliosphere and its magnetic poles?

The heliospheric current sheet is a result from the sun's magnetic field.

So I think that the current sheets "ballerina skirt" direction will change with the sun' poles flipping.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

cool vid ... many suggest the earth magnetic poles will flip in a similar way ...
rather than just flip over ... various poles will appear around the globe .. instead of just one north and one south ..
seeing that vid helps my minds eye imagine what will happen on earth .. when i eventually flips ... perhaps at a faaar slower pace than the few year it takes the suns to finish its turbulent flip ... i dunno ...
would an instant violent magnetic pole flip be better than a gradual turbulent chaotic flip ...
stay tuned ..

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Dr UAE
i searched but couldn't find this anywhere

in this video provided by NASA's own you tube channel , you can clearly watch the sun reversing its magnetic poles , its a short video and an interesting one , the video was uploaded on the 5th of December this year.

OH no,run for the hills ....like we did 11 years ago......like we did 22 years ago....like we did 33 years. Oh hang on is there a pattern here ?

Please please please do some basic high school physics research first. My 16 year old would be wetting himself with laughter if he read this thread........

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

bitsforbytes
reply to post by Dr UAE

How can we know for sure this is really a representation of NASA's equipment measuring the suns poles?

I'm pretty sure they look at the polarization rotation caused by the magnetic field. So, yeah, they know.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

are you sirius ? where did i mention doom and gloom ? this thread was all about a video posted by NASA 18 days a go and it was interesting for me as well as other members , ether your a child or you have a sirius problem .

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Dr UAE
reply to post by yorkshirelad

are you sirius ? where did i mention doom and gloom ? this thread was all about a video posted by NASA 18 days a go and it was interesting for me as well as other members , ether your a child or you have a sirius problem .

I think what they were trying to ask is, why post this at all?

It would be kind of like posting, "Bright object in eastern sky, Sun rose today."

The 11 year solar cycle based on our Sun's magnetic pole flipping is well established (and taught in middle and high school) You can count on them like sunrises and sunsets. So why is it interesting?
edit on 23-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join