It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese lunar rover finds no evidence of American moon landings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

A report from the Chinese state news agency Xinhua has confirmed that China’s mission to the moon hasn’t found a single scrap of evidence that Americans were ever there

Well boys and girls it was only a matter of time before the truth comes out. Although there isn't a lot of meat and potatoes to this story, perhaps due to the breaking nature of the story....

After reading the article there is only one sentence that discussing any type of response for the US. In the case it looks like Jay Carney was quoted from an off record comment was apparently used for this article:

White House press secretary Jay Carney refused to comment, but was heard muttering under his breath that ‘those bastards will copy anything’.

Is this the sad end to America's hegemony? I suppose time will tell but if the Chinese ever do decide to shred American flags on the moon I will boycott all Chinese goods. So if you see me wondering the streets butt ass naked and stark raving mad you know why.

China lands on moon

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

well a man hasn't set foot on the moon for over 40 years, billions spent on space exploration, and we cant get back to the moon for over 40 years(so far), forgive me for not siding with good 'ol Jew(U).S.A on this one
edit on 22-12-2013 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

Lol, swing and a miss. Might I suggest reading the article?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
What i love about stories such as these is that people tend to
forget, one governments story is as likely to be true as any others.....

Buying BS from another brand still nets you BS in the long run.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Rosinitiate
reply to post by Haxsaw

Why a swing and a miss, I know this is in the jokes section, I was just stating my opinion on the whole moon landing shenannagins

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Well than I would say I don't understand your post even more. What does not returning for 40 years and not taking the side ?Jew(U).S.A.? Even mean?

That the Jews were responsible for sending American Astronauts to the moon? Or America is controlled by Jews and they use their power in the movie industry to confuse us with half truth so we don't learn the 'real' truth that they're actually from Mars?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

well. since USA never put out a 100% proof of their moon landing and China did, i beleive in the chinese.
# the US...

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

The article may be tongue in cheek, but where the Chinese rover landed is no here near any Apollo landing sites.

So no, they won't find any trace of them.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

AlphaHawk

The article may be tongue in cheek, but where the Chinese rover landed is no here near any Apollo landing sites.

So no, they won't find any trace of them.

Indeed and I figured that would be the dead give away or this following quote:

They had equipped Jade Rabbit with special cutting tools for shredding any American flags it found and replacing them with China’s own. Special legs were also fitted so that the rover could sidle up to remnants of any American spacecraft and kick it and kick it and kick it in the most contemptuous manner possible.

Which I would have put in the OP but that takes all the fun away.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

yeahsurexxx

well. since USA never put out a 100% proof of their moon landing and China did, i beleive in the chinese.

Clarify please?

The Apollo missions returned lunar rock samples and thousands of photos amongst other things.

Besides some photos so far, what have the Chinese done that have you so convinced?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I see the forum and the absolute, total absurdity of the story, making it clear satire beyond any real question.

Oddly, that's the only thing about the thread that would que me into the fact it's even supposed to be funny?

Err... I guess it's too early or the Lunar hoax fights and debates too passionate and fresh in other threads but I guess I missed my morning laugh. Phooey...

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

...and your point there is kinda where it seems humor went out a side door and caught a taxi on this one?

You're right too, the Chinese landed on a whole different area of the surface. What the US left is bleached and drained of color, from what I've read should be expected today (I'd be happy to be corrected)...so even if they literally drove into the site, it wouldn't look anything like the last Apollo guys left it, right?

Probably couldn't even see much of it for lack of contrast or color by now, from very far off?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Idk when I read the article I had a vision of Jade Rabbit viciously thumping American lunar modules like Thumper and made me laugh. As for the moon debate I have zero interest in starting a new thread on that. In fact, there's one thread that is arguably the most active and longest thread about said topic.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I didn't intend to suck out the humour here, although I think it was gone before I posted.

I just find it funny that NASA isn't trusted but China is the beacon of honesty and integrity... Now that's a joke.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Oh, indeed.. I'm seeing that too and in the Space Program it's just silly.

We still have folks determined to declare the US never went..and spent many manned missions landing on the moon over the course of years for an ongoing program ..actually doing nothing but movie magic it would be years before the methods were even invented to accomplish... (ahem.. so much logic needs erased and compromised to make sense of much of that)

Yet, as you note, China? No question.. Of course, they pegged it. First try, no question and they never fib on a thing.

that side of things does get...interesting.. huh?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Haxsaw
Herp

yeahsurexxx
Derp

Ahhha..

Brilliant Ros, you brought a gaggle of ninnies together.

Never waste an opportunity to bag the USA. Even if it is at the expense of actually having to read an article.

lmao

Maybe the USA painted the moon on the sky, coz no ones been in the sky so how do we know it's even real.

I'd believe the Chinese who build massive cities and then no one lives there, before I'd believe the nasas.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

You know, I read the satire piece. Funny op, op !!!!!

I think what is really funny about your op. Is the confusion it has sown.

That speak's volumes about real Chinese news release 's. It confirms that many posters can't tell China's news from fiction !

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
China should have landed the rover where the U.S landed one of the Apollo missions, but because they didn't, I call their landing a rover a hoax or whatever the Chinese is for hoax.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I didn't see what forum this was in, and after reading the article, I was like "that is obviously fake." But now I see it was meant to be a joke. Haha. Good one. It could have fooled me if it were not for the crazy comments in the article. And the idea that they were going to shred or tamper with the US landing sites...Just didn't make sense, lol.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Haxsaw

Rosinitiate
reply to post by Haxsaw

Why a swing and a miss, I know this is in the jokes section, I was just stating my opinion on the whole moon landing shenannagins

Dolt, dimwit, other bad names as well... Go out and buy a decent telescope and you can pick out the landers and tracks made during the various landings. These stupid theories about it being a "staged" event are just idiocy. Res ipsa locuitor !!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join