It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK - A very mild Autumn and Winter of 2013

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Ramcheck
We had ice and snow at the beginning of December, and it snowed again last week. My heating hasn't been off for two months so it can't be that mild. A white xmas would be nice but it's looking like it's going to be just another rainy day as per.

Last time I was on here reading this post (half past midnight last night) it was 10 deg down here in the sarf of England,the heating hadn't been on all night.

Oh and I forgot to mention earlier,even the met office with their stonkingly powerful super computers are still keen to point out that they can't accurately predict more than five days into the future what the weather is going to do.So it's unlikely that a couple of blokes with some seaweed hanging outside their back door can really see months into the future.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

It is Foive point Free (My best Southern English accent there for you) here. It is not exactly what we west coast Scots would term as 'Baltic', but it's cold enough.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

The Met office did predict a fairly mild winter, especially for the first half. But I'd not be surprised to see some colder, snowier weather later in Jan/Feb.

That said, after the last few winters we're perhaps 'due' a mild one. Some folk have started believing that long lasting cold and snow in Britain is normal!

Edit: I'm sat here in the South Midlands with the back door open ..... not needed the heating on at home at all so far (much to the annoyance of the gas company
)
edit on 22-12-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

Hi!

For sure it has been very mild. I am so glad because the heating bill is a great source of anxiety.

I expect January and February may have other ideas, though. Hope I am wrong about that.

It is always a big problem for the elderly when we have cold winters. So many people still die in the U.K because they cannot afford to heat their home. It's a social crime, really.

I wish between the energy supplier corporations and government there could be a fix solution for these vulnerable people. It's the only humane solution.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

I'm actually that far south that our main pass time is sitting on our verandahs doing the duelling banjos thing.(LOL)

People are outside today in T shirts doing gardening down here,now that is crazy 3 days before christmas!

edit on 22-12-2013 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2013 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
ANTARCTIC?? You mean Arctic surely?

Winter only started 2 days ago - give it chance.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
ehhh silly weather! and did winter really start 2 days ago??

edit on 23-12-2013 by ototheb85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I came up to my Dads house in Yorkshire for Xmas, and the first job he asked of me was to bring in the washing he had on the line all lovely and dry as well. It's really mild, although the wind and rain have picked up today.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Most of Southern England is under water, I think you're pretty lucky it's not Ice, and it will go away.. this time.

I got caught in Hail Stones today. and heavy storms later on. If that counts as Mild then fair enough. Sure this never happened in the previous 20 years we've been growing up with White Christmas and all that garbage, and we were installed with the 'christmas should be snowy' software.. but yeah, Winter is #, despite what Sinatra and Crosby might have sung about. Remember they both were heavily into Cocaine so perhaps they weren't actually talking about Snowfall.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well since we are on the topic of wonderful UK weather - yes winter has been kind so far temperature wise but WIND?

Never heard such ferocious gusts before and seem to be swirling in different directions. There is this more constant wind which seem to contain channels of super force wind - sounds really spooky at times! And also bringing lots of rain with it and many many hailstones - in fact yet another starting as I type - and just as quick it has gone again!

A while ago I read that Britain would become stormier as the process of Global Warming continued - food for thought

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Psychoparrot
Well since we are on the topic of wonderful UK weather - yes winter has been kind so far temperature wise but WIND?

Never heard such ferocious gusts before and seem to be swirling in different directions. There is this more constant wind which seem to contain channels of super force wind - sounds really spooky at times! And also bringing lots of rain with it and many many hailstones - in fact yet another starting as I type - and just as quick it has gone again!

A while ago I read that Britain would become stormier as the process of Global Warming continued - food for thought

It has been intense today. I love it, the sound of the wind getting stronger and throwing the rain against the window is beautiful.

Also I don't own a trampoline so have nothing to worry about in the morning. Win win.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So far it has been quite mild. But like a few have said already, wait till Jan,Feb.

We will be freezing our rings off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join