It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multidimensional Hologram.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The current holographic theory of the universe is that the universe is a 3d projection of information encoded on a 2d plane. That's how a hologram works. Light shines through a flat surface with a coded image on it and you see a 3d image. The coded plane has no recognizable features that could hint at what 3d object it will show. The information is all jumbled up. So you see a scattered unrecognizable pattern on the flat surface. All the information is there, but it's in code. Scientists say that this could be the nature of the universe.

However, I'm trying to work out a different approach. When a 3d object crosses through a 2d plane, the cross section of that 3d object is all that would be seen if there was a 2d observer to see it. If you drop a sphere through a 2d plane, to a 2d observer, it would look like a small circle magically materializes out of thin air, starts to grow, then shrinks back down until it finally disappears. I'm trying to work out how the 3d universe we see might just be a 4d object passing through 3d space.

We see time go by as we remain fixed in the present. To me, that is like observing a cross section of a 4d object pass through the 3d space that we are aware of. Just as the flat landers, we see a 3 dimensional form but the forms follow 4 dimensional rules.

A particle is a wave until observed. To me, that seems like an object that is multidimensional in nature becomes seen by a 3 dimensional awareness as an object of three dimensions because that's all a 3d awareness can see.

I believe our universe is not just a projection of information from a 2d plane, but is the culmination of information from several dimensions higher and lower being seen from a 3d awareness. I believe we are an awareness that can observe only 3 dimensions, but the objects we see are one object that exists in all dimensions simultaneously.

We say there can't be two theories of the universe. Scientists say that we need to arrive at a theory of everything. Quantum mechanics does well at describing the mechanics of the microcosm, but not at describing the macrocosm. General relativity does well at describing the macrocosm, but not the microcosm. Maybe this is because each theory is working at the upper and lower extremes of the third dimension. And quantum mechanics is looking at the border of the 2nd and third whereas general relativity is looking at the border of the third and fourth. Maybe the theories cant work together because different dimensions abide by different laws.

This is all just my speculation, of course.

edit on 21-12-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

smithjustinb

We say there can't be two theories of the universe. Scientists say that we need to arrive at a theory of everything. Quantum mechanics does well at describing the mechanics of the microcosm, but not at describing the macrocosm. General relativity does well at describing the macrocosm, but not the microcosm. Maybe this is because each theory is working at the upper and lower extremes of the third dimension. And quantum mechanics is looking at the border of the 2nd and third whereas general relativity is looking at the border of the third and fourth. Maybe the theories can work together because different dimensions abide by different laws.

This is all just my speculation, of course.

Each theory is placing an observer into the system itself as if that observer is not integral to the dynamically evolving physical structure of that system. Their observer is observing the evolving dynamics. This is where both Relativity and Quantum Mechanics are equally failing to accurately interpret the data that has been collected over the last 100 years or so. This is why they don't make sense with one another. Only a hypothetical observer can observe a micro system and a cosmological system equally. Combine that conceptual chainsaw with the fact that ever since David Mermin's "Shut up and calculate", it's been all about getting dynamic system representations to balance out on blackboards as if achieving symmetry (system death) is the goal of both physics and cosmology, and what you have is decades of hard work and brilliance wasted on playing with pure, clean, contextually-unblemished math that can't ever represent the contextually filthy confines of the physical system that we call Reality.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

You do well in describing it even though none of us really has the where with all to grasp it ..Could time as a dimension play a part in what we don't see ? I have a feeling that that we are actually in a 4d but because of the time dimension it cancels out the other dimensions . Interesting stuff to ponder and try and get our minds around ..

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think the holographic universe is the theory that makes the most sense personally.

In my opinion we are 4D beings projecting a 3D world onto a 2D "surface". We are the 4th dimension, which is time, because consciousness is the only thing that actually experiences time.

The 3D world is projected onto the 2D image that we see. Look at your image as if it is a painting, all paintings are on 2D surfaces, but with perspective you can make it look as though it has length, width, depth, etc. The same thing applies to what we see which is an image that is 2-dimensional but with the illusion of depth caused by our unique perspectives.

You only see the 3D world around you, but you have a invisible, 4D side of you that you never see. This 4th dimension is what I like to call the Spirit or life itself because the act of being is measured in time.
edit on 36011515CST363 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

you know I agree with everything absolutely every single thing that you've typed there and you know what my thread Called the birth of the Creator really coincides with everything that you are talking about here. I believe the the dimensional aspect thing is great about the projection coming from all dimensions .my theory was that we're seeing these objects are coming from higher dimensions to me it doesn't make sense that um something's been projected from lower dimensions it seems to me that there's more room for the higher dimensions where the laws are more relaxed so to speak

-Alien

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

i 'understand' that in front of me there is a screen (one screen was what i saw years ago) but sometimes when looking down, up, etc, i wonder if there are actually many screens around me.

and i find the extra features of the movie like vibrations, touches, tastes, smells, and labelling/responsive minds can be very difficult to overcome

i also sense an undescribable huge space (hiding beneath the appearance) that can give fearlessness and peacefulness when i am there, but i wonder if it is also just a feature and perhaps there is something else prior to this space

peace
edit on 4-4-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

the 4D you described, reminds me of the upcoming movie, Lucy (actually when i saw the trailer it reminded me of what you guys sometimes talked about)

peace

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have a question for you who ponder the hologram.

In a video game, the next screen is literally not there until you move your guy over there.

For reality, is it the opposite? Is it both real and not real, even though it isn't observed yet?

If it is, then is this sliver of reality that exists unobserved the essence of our permanence?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
As I understand it if one were to see a four dimensional being from our three dimensional perspective it would look like a 3d shadow of itself.

One way of relating to four dimensions is that differentiation is apparent in our physical structures. While we understand that we are all made of flesh, cells and molecules, we are also made entirely of sub-atomic particles and so on.

It is at these perspectives, inherent to say relating to ourselves as made completely of subatomic particles (as an example), that time as a dimension is observable to the same extent as the 3 dimensions, generally are to us.

Implied is that human consciousness would need be quantum.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

I agree human consciousness is quantum and human consciousness is multi-dimensional more consisting of more dimensions then the three Known physical dimensions.

I also agree that a higher dimensional beings would be would look or be perceived to us as in shadow of a sort and that might also explain actually these "shadow beings " that are being seen by people.

think about the orbs and these Foo Fighters and these so called balls of light that people are Seeing and have seen for many many decades and all of these reports that people are coming forth with but that they have seen these balls of light .to me I believe these are what we are only physically able to perceive as say 1 part of this entire ship that is actually there we can only see a small three-dimensional portion of it wWith are three-dimensional brains.

-Alien

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

smithjustinb
If you drop a sphere through a 2d plane, to a 2d observer, it would look like a small circle magically materializes out of thin air, starts to grow, then shrinks back down until it finally disappears.

It would look like an horizontal line growing then shrinking, don't you think ?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Given consciousness is quantum we are four dimensional.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

gosseyn

smithjustinb
If you drop a sphere through a 2d plane, to a 2d observer, it would look like a small circle magically materializes out of thin air, starts to grow, then shrinks back down until it finally disappears.

It would look like an horizontal line growing then shrinking, don't you think ?

Yeah. You're right. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Kashai
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Given consciousness is quantum we are four dimensional.

Agreed

new topics

top topics

join