It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lone Survivor - Dec. 25 Release

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I came across this Featurette for the film while bouncing around music to listen to on Youtube tonight and I thought I would share it.

I read the book when it first came out and still have that one as one worth keeping. Every war has a few stories come out of it that are hard to believe actually happened. For those unfamiliar with this story and what happened in it, this is one of them for this war.

Those who are familiar with what happened to Marcus Luttrell and his team? This looks like a really good movie. I'm not sure I would have picked Xmas for it, but it looks good to the book for some of the key points it shows. I believe I will catch this one in the theater. Seeing it on the large screen may well be worth it, IMO.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Release date has been changed to Jan 10th

Trailer looks good, reminds me of Tears Of The Sun Hope its better than the last SEAL movie (I don't even remember the name to), horrible.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitized

3 American flags in just 3 minutes. I'll pass.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

gravitized
Release date has been changed to Jan 10th

Trailer looks good, reminds me of Tears Of The Sun Hope its better than the last SEAL movie (I don't even remember the name to), horrible.

Yes terrible what is happening to the seals. I mean losing all the ice with global warming and all that.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Yeah, it's not for everyone. Neither is the thread. I'm sorry if the movie doesn't appeal to you but I'm sure it will to others. Thanks for offering your opinion, just the same.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That looks really good. I cant wait to see it. I think I will go to the theater for this.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitized

yes I just looked it up to be certain, and apparently you are correct... it would have been nice to have gone and seen this on Christmas, but alas, it never ends up the way you would want it to!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Yikes... I can't win sometimes. lol.... I'd searched "Lone Survivor Release Date" as a confirmation before posting and you know how Google sometimes has a box on top with an answer in it, like a math problem typed into the address bar will produce. Well, Google had "Dec. 25" in 36pt type. So... Hmmm

I blame google. They did it. Yeah.. made us wait additional days. All their fault.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Actually Wrabbit, it looks pretty entertaining and seems to be a polished production. I also like warlberg. Just understand that America distributes these Movies around the World. We get sick to death of these flags every 30 seconds. It's mind numbing. Prehaps the Point of why they use it on their own citizenry.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I could pass on the push around the world on movies like this, and thanks for pointing that out. It goes without saying in my own thinking that this is more an American attraction. Outside the US, I suppose it's just an action movie, where you have a point.

For the record and going by the book as well as listening to a few interviews with Marcus Luttrell, this looks accurate.

They did capture and........going coldly by the book.....should have killed a kid that comprised them. It's not the first time a US Special Operations team has been burned by a kid and nearly killed by it. I believe it was the 1991 war it happened in with a Scud Hunt team too. Almost the same result for the same decision to do the human thing, not the book thing.

I do know the book described the 100:1 or more odds in very good detail, including him falling/being blown off the mountain with that being the only thing that saved his life. I'm curious to see how they cover his time with the Afghan locals who not only treated him well, but protected him at great risk to themselves and their village in the process.

That hospitality thing is deadly serious to those folks, and in ways foreign to me anyway.

I can see how the flags might turn some people off tho.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I do not see them _not_ killing the kid to be a mistake. They gave their lives because they put humanity before their own life, and gave their lives in that cause. They may have lost that battle, this is what it looks like right? But they won a war...

They were great men.
edit on 22-12-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Oh I agree completely, and I hope I didn't come across the wrong way on that.

I think, technically speaking, mission requirements are one thing and demand one thing... then they risked their lives in Iraq and...all but one lost their lives in this case to avoid doing that.

I think it makes them truly special and the best of what Americans can be.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

That hospitality thing is deadly serious to those folks, and in ways foreign to me anyway.

Nanwatai (Asylum). it's one of the main points of the Pashtunwali. Milmastia is "hospitality", and this incident probably falls more properly under nanawtai.

Yup.

DEADLY serious.

join