It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Quantum Theory for the Rest of Us

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
be botherd
edit on 22-12-2013 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

it is still strictly a physical theory. but it imbues large scale physical systems such as, say, your physical body, with the same sort of 'spooky' entanglement effects as are already well acknowledged at the quantum level. because we are personally aware of our own state of living beingness (ontology, consciousness), we already possess linguistic conceptualizations for these spooky phenomena.

if i am reading you correctly, the psychological resistance you mention comes from a blind and unjustified unwillingness to apply these conceptualizations back downward, to the sub-molecular level.

it is totally appropriate, but perhaps uncomfortable (to some) to unify the theory.

but the 'woo artists' (i hate that term) have not yet understood the proper application of the unifying concepts.

as displayed by the thought-nazis above, there is no clear argument against reassigning the unit of measurement in this way.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

If you want to figure out the mechanics of...

i do not wish to mechanize anything at all. the metaphor of 'universe as machine' is a useful fiction which is usurping the foundations of true critical thought.

the capitalization of proper nouns, in particular 'i' and 'god', is an honorary distinction which i do not observe. it also acts as a filter against people who find such minutiae important.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

After reading your well written posts, I had a vision. I saw the earth, held (or suspended) from the 'top' and the 'bottom' by vortices of energy. With that vision, I heard a thought, it said: "The Earth is a flock." Take that for what you will.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

i am glad you found it useful to spark your own understanding. i agree completely that the earth itself is a complex coherent system and that we, both as individuals and as social groupings, have an internal perspective on the quantum measurement problem.

thanks for reminding me of this, because it is a fascinating consequence of what i have proposed in the OP: established quantum theory describes quantum systems as though we are 'outside, looking down' onto them.... but it is fascinating to consider that it is possible to be 'inside, looking up'.

a description of quantum phenomena from this new perspective brings into my own mind an understanding of the relationship of the flow of time to system coherence. here is an old drawing of mine showing this flow:

.....and a modified escher which illustrates the concept of entanglement of the particle within the system (the person) with the overall state of the system.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

i have always wondered what it looks like when an exchange with you ends on terms which are not favorable for you. you grab your ball and go home, of course!

If the terms are not favourable to me, why turn the conversation to personalities? It suggests a certain lack of confidence in your 'victory'.

why did you not have better things to do than harass me in the first place?

A two-line post does not take much time to write.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

it will suggest to you what it may. that does not concern me.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Isn't that Fibonacci? Correct me if I'm wrong. I seem to remember seeing that pattern before.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

the fibonacci sequence could be an incredibly fruitful connection to draw with this. i had never considered it, myself, but now that you mention it, it seems rather obvious that geometric templates will play deeply into extensions of quantum theory into larger systems.

the unfolding of time as a self referential and overlapping spiral pattern? very clever.

are you saying, then, that you acknowledge time to be more than a mere artifact of human observation (which is a popular theory on ATS)?

<< 1   >>

join