It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage legalized in New Mexico

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pauladaballa777

Are you actually defending the church? Sick
How can you make excuses for them, when their own people acknowledge it is happening?
Vatican setting up commission against sexual abuse of minors

Pope Francis Announces Commission To Address Sex Abuse Cases

The catholic church should mind it's own damn business. Here in Canada they were the main instigators in the whole "stealing native children to change them forcibly and also molest a lot of them" debacle.

These idiots should never claim any high moral ground and deal with their own sick issues.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Give me a break, you said it yourself. They are dealing with their own issues. Also, they take the moral high ground just like any group or organization does. Take a look at America, it takes the moral high ground despite killing innocent children in drone attacks. Take a look at ATS, we condemn the way America acts and take the moral high ground, yet we don't do anything about it except sit on a forum and bitch about it.

But that doesn't mean everyone in the US government is corrupt. It doesn't mean that everyone on ATS is lazy and it doesn't mean everyone in the church are kiddy fondlers. You're just trying to make your side look better by demonizing another.

As for gay marriage, I say good for them. The only thing that irks me is how people claim to be open and aware yet are so obviously blind to what is really going on in the world today. Think gay marriage is really the biggest issue we face in society today? News flash: it isn't.

It's good it's being addressed, but all the time and energy being put into this one little group that suffers no more than outrage. Unlike the thousands upon thousands (over 600,000 in 2012) that have NO roof over their heads, no food in their stomach and illnesses that go unaddressed.

And these people are veterans, elderly, children...

Now how about slavery? I'd say that issue like the homeless one is a much more pressing matter. In 2007 alone, the CIA estimated that 50,000 slaves were brought into the United States as sex slaves and slaves for other types of work. This includes children!

In the past ten years, that's roughly 450,000 people shipped into America to be used as slaves.

Yet people don't give a rats ass about them, no buddy! We're going to make facebook campaigns for gay marriage. We're tweeting gay right slogans and instagramming obtuse pictures to try to get more people open to the idea of gay marriage. While all this is good, is it really where we should be concentrating our efforts? No, it's not. But people get so knee jerk with their emotions they can't fully comprehend the bigger picture.

It's like the people on Titanic worrying over the next time they're going to be served lunch instead of worrying about getting into a life boat to save their lives. There are so many other things to get pissed off over, so many more people who truly are suffering in the United States that make this whole gay marriage thing seem moot.

Let's work on the most important thing first and work our way backwards. When children aren't being sold for sex and have a roof over their head and food in their stomachs, I'll gladly work with anyone to help gays marry.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

theantediluvian

geobro
what strikes me as odd is all the world seems to be accepting this at the same time it is like a agenda or something is going on .

i have nothing against anybody that swings that way but what next ?? is going to get pushed on the people marrying animals or having sex with children because 5% or less are like that just watch my 2 pennies

Wait. Are you Phil Robertson?
no just someone that reads henry makows blogs

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Aleister
...it would seem that soon they will be accepted as married even if states don't perform such marriages themselves.

While you would think that logic follows; it doesn't in some cases regarding the natural right to defend yourself and own an arms.

So to think that because one state has 'allowed' two persons to marry; doesn't instantly equate to it being accepted as lawful in a differing state.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

geobro
what strikes me as odd is all the world seems to be accepting this at the same time it is like a agenda or something is going on .

i have nothing against anybody that swings that way but what next ?? is going to get pushed on the people marrying animals or having sex with children because 5% or less are like that just watch my 2 pennies

You just compared something that two consenting adults do to something where one party cannot consent and one of peadophillia?
Bit retarded.

It's like saying, 'they have just changed alcohol licencing laws to allow bars to sell until midnight in my town, what next, forcing children to smoke crystal meth?'.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pauladaballa777

You are confused. Nobody said that Catholic churches were about to allow gay marriages.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hopefully it's fully allowed and recognize everywhere!

the sad thing, is Same Sex marriage should never be used as a "political Tool" it should already have be legal not a piece in the Chess game, it shouldn't be debated, and voted on. we should have been born with that same privilege/right as heterosexuals

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I could provide countless more links. True, the Catholic Church claims a higher moral authority than others, but the sexual abuse within the Church is not exceptional statistically, and the accusations of cover-up by anyone other than the perpetrator are almost all untrue and have almost never been proven in a court of law. There are many people with an agenda against the Catholic Church and its beliefs. To deny this is ignorant. Whether it be liberals whose opinions on abortion, contraception, etc. conflict with Catholicism, people who think all religions are inherently evil and incompatible with science and reason, or just sinners who don't like being told that something they're doing is a sin, people take satisfaction in defaming the Church and what it stands for.

This is one big lot of claims with no proof whatsoever.

If you would like what you state to be taken as serious evidence, without necessarily providing countless links, a few verifiable bits of information from credible sources would suffice.

Your statement regarding the Catholic church claiming a higher moral authority, but not having statistially highef rates of sexual abuse seems irrelevant at best, and certainly doesn't strengthen your argument. It's kind of like the police stating that selling illegal drugs is bad, and the police statistically only sell as many drugs as anyone else in society.

If the church set themselves up as a moral arbiter, one would expect them to follow through with this as have much lower rates of sexual abuse as well as far more effective policing of their members. There has been a huge scandal in Australia with the Catholic Church not only turning a blind eye to evidence of abuse, but actively trying to cover it up.

www.catholicherald.co.uk...

www.thenation.com...#

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
And now Utah has legalized gay marriage.

I was looking for a map of where it is legal to put on this thread, and I noticed Utah marked as legal, "huh?", and found it was legalized yesterday (December 20, 2013). So I put up a thread on that one too: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now I'll go back and try to find an up-to-date map before another state is added. (As Utah goes, so goes Alabama?)

Here tis. The deep blue are U.S. states where gay marriage is now legal. Maybe more importantly, in the long or short run, is that the reddish brown states are where state constitutional amendments have been passed. Utah had one, but that was just tossed out as federally unconstitutional. So yes, apparently as Utah goes, so goes Alabama. And Ohio, and Texas. Wisconsin for sure. It may only take one judge to rule on a pending case or on a court petition, and I would guess that there is an outside chance that more states will have that occur before the New Year.

edit on 21-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
So glad my state has finally seen the light! Great news!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Benevolent Heretic
So glad my state has finally seen the light! Great news!

Yes, and it looks like Governor Rick Perry of Texas will have to think about putting one of those anti-alien fences along its border with New Mexico, to keep out the married couples. Remember, all they need is one judge in Texas...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join