It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons and Paganistic ritual

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Recently I was reading an article by a man receving the 33rd degree of masonry. He was to receive this prestigous honor at a temple in Washington D.C. His description of the temple itself is what first insighted me to write this article. The inside of the temple was covered with sculptures of serpents and various Egyptian gods. Now I am not a very religious man but I am religious enough to know that in almost every religion the serpent is the symbol used to represent evil, or in Christianity the serpent is used to describe the earthen form of Satan. As I read in to the article even deeper I came across other startling paganistic affairs which include but are not limited to the drinking of wine from a human skull. It is alright to have a secret society and I will be the last to argue that. But to have a secret paganistic cult designed to advance people in to positions of power (the president of the U.S is given the honorary 32nd degree for example) is just plain wrong. I for one think it is time for these people to stop hiding behind their aprons and own up to there occultist mentality. Then we will let the people decide if these men are fit to run this country.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have read a very similar article, on a couple of sites, normally entitled Jesus saved me from the Masons, or something similar.

And the reading is some what disturbing. The problem with it is unless you have reached that degree, you don't honestly know if it is true.

I located what was said to be a copy of the ritual, now I don't know if it is the ritual, but it was said to be. Although it doesn't describe the decoration it did go into some detail as to the ritual and who does what, when and who says what and when etc etc and there was no mention of drinking from an upturned skull.

I have heard of lodges using things like skulls etc to add to the dramatisation of th event that is going on. i suppose a bit like having fireworks at a birthday party. Weird analogy I know but the only one I could think of.

I don't believe there is much truth in the article with reference to the intent, although I couldn't say about the decoration side. I have never read anything like it before, which is why I think it may be the same article

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ok, let me see if I can help. First the President of the U.S. is not given the 32nd degree. Second the scottish rite degrees do not have you drink "wine" (which is grape juice anyway) its in the York Rite that has you do that, which is in the Knight Templar Degree. Please don't be so judgemental toward us. I've been involved in masonary almost 5 years and have never seen anything that would sugget that we have our hands in rulling this country. The Scottish Rite and York Rite are seperate from the blue lodge. the blue lodge consists of 3 degrees while the scottish rite consists of 29 degrees. The 30th degree or 33 (however you look at it ) is only an honary degree, which is given to brethern that have worked very hard in the rite, degree work ect. The York rite is also seperate it consists of 14 degrees. The last is the Knight Templar degree, which can be traced back to the medevil knights. We are not a cult but teach toleration of those that hate us. We believe in the constitution of the United States and will fight to defend it. We believe that you have the right to hate us if you wish but really wish that you didn't, we don't hate you but want to get along with all mankind.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Moderators,...

Since you have closed other threads where the posters are resurrecting things already dealt with in other threads,... how about closing this one as well???

How many times will we have to address the same old, tired accusations???

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
your closed minded. You only want to hear things from your point of view!!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Why not hear about masonary from my point of view
? Are you afraid of the truth? You cant handle the truth.

[edit on 19-11-2004 by mastermason]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
the Snake or Serpent in many beliefs is a symbol of knowledge and/or wisdom.
check out the lapel pin your DR. wears and the diploma on his wall. guess that
would make all Drs. pagen right?

I have heard of lodges using things like skulls etc to add to the dramatisation of th event that is going on. i suppose a bit like having fireworks at a birthday party

kinda like eating the flesh and drinking the blood of the prophet right?

MM i think you are jumping to conclusions there. If I remember correctly
Jase is a Mason also.

[edit on 19-11-2004 by stalkingwolf]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Where did that come from?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
it is a reference to the communion especially the catholic transsubstantiation (sp) nothing to do with Masonry per se

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Wine is never used in lodge, except to dedicate corner stones.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The article you speak of wha writen by a man named (Jim?) Shaw, and has been shown time and time again to be a fraud. He is (was?) a liar. Period.

originally posted by Spirit Breaker

I for one think it is time for these people to stop hiding behind their aprons and own up to there occultist mentality. Then we will let the people decide if these men are fit to run this country.

I think this sentance pretty much blows your "I'm just looking for answers" facade, and exposes your post as an attack on Masonry. How original.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
edit - sorry.

[edit on 11/19/04 by The Axeman]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I thought you were saying that was some part of our rituals.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
the Snake or Serpent in many beliefs is a symbol of knowledge and/or wisdom.

Also, in Greek Mythology, The King of The Gods, Zeus, was sometimes represented as a serpent.

It does not, as was implied, always have a negative connotation by any means.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I have no looking for answers faccade as I don't remember asking any questions. Master Mason at least was decent enough to come at me with soome constructive criticism of my article. But due to your somewhat angry response I can only come to the conclusion that you in fact are a mason and I struck a nerve on something, by the way who discovered that the article was a fraud? Was it you?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I knew from the moment I read the article there was some problems with it.
It's about like anything else. There is some truth to the article but more wrong/false information which perverts the truth.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
OK lets hear from some 33 Masons.

"There is no doubt in my mind that Masonry is the cornerstone of America." Dave Thomas Founder of Wendy's International

"To me, Freemasonry is one form of dedication to God and service to humanity." Norman Vincent Peale Minister and Author

"Freemasonry embraces the highest moral laws and will bear the test of any system of ethics or philosophy ever promulgated for the uplift of man." Douglas MacArthur General of the Army

"The Masonic Fraternity is one of the most helpful mediating and conserving organizations among men, and I have never wavered from that childhood impression, but it has stood steadfastly with me through the busy, vast hurrying years." George W. Truett
Southern Baptist Leader

"We represent a fraternity which believes in justice and truth and honorable action in your community...men who are endeavoring to be better citizens...[and] to make a great country greater. This is the only institution in the world where we can meet on the level all sorts of people who want to live rightly." Harry S. Truman President of the United States

[edit on 19-11-2004 by billmcelligott]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritBreaker
I have no looking for answers faccade as I don't remember asking any questions. Master Mason at least was decent enough to come at me with soome constructive criticism of my article. But due to your somewhat angry response I can only come to the conclusion that you in fact are a mason and I struck a nerve on something, by the way who discovered that the article was a fraud? Was it you?

Welcome to ATS, I just thought I would let you know that Axe is not a Freemason as of yet, he has just started going through the motions of joining. As am I (I will be a Freemason on the 28th).

As for what you have read, well hmmm.... I have been studying Freemasonry for about 7 years and I have read this article myself (of all places it was Freemasonry Watch or some Illuminate site). There is one thing that I have found about anti-masons and that is the fact that they seem to stretch the truth, or lie, in order to bring attention to their cause. The more outlandish the accusations, the more people will be interested. If anti-masons told the truth about Freemasonry no one would care, because there is very little sinister about them. I will admit that there are a very small %, about 0.005% +/- 0.005%, (yes I worked out this figure myself over the years while gathering info on the wrong doings of Freemasons) of Freemasons that have done some bad things in there life while being a Freemason, but these people DO NOT reflect the intentions of Freemasonry in any way, shape or form. Also to let you know I started out opposed to Freemasonry, but after about 2 years of reading both sides of the story I found that Freemasons seemed to be a little more believable. When it came down to it most anti-masons did not seem to have a true grip on reality, most talk about aliens, or mass Government conspiracies (again entertaining but not very realistic, and don't get me wrong I do think there are conspiracies but not on the scale they talk about). Now there are anti-masons out there that are Christian fundamentalists, these people don't always lie, but, they are Christian, so telling people that another organization has bad apples within seems a little hypocritical to me, seeing how so many priests and Fellow church members are not exactly pillars of light, truth and justice (child molestation, fraud, embezzlement, murder, wife beating, ect. have all been proven true in a court of law, not to mention what the missionaries did to people in the past like wiping out small villages for being evil, I mean come now).

So to make a long post short (
) er. You should really take the time to research both sides of the story, step back and use rational judgment, read as much anti-masonry and pro-masonry as you can, then come to your own conclusion. Also seeing how you have just joined ATS, look into the previous posts, there is a heck of a lot of info here.

Good Luck and I hope you find your truth.. Truth is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
You will probably not hear from any since there are so few.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritBreaker
I have no looking for answers faccade as I don't remember asking any questions.

So your original intention was to attack Masonry� again, how original.

Master Mason at least was decent enough to come at me with soome constructive criticism of my article.

Kudos to him!

But due to your somewhat angry response I can only come to the conclusion that you in fact are a mason and I struck a nerve on something�

Wrong. Shows what assumptions are worth.

Besides, I didn�t think my response was angry� Perhaps a little curt, simply because I�m getting tired of seeing the same garbage all the time.

�by the way who discovered that the article was a fraud? Was it you?

No, but after reading that article I researched (
) it and found that it is indeed a fraud.

Here is a link to the article in question: www.conspiracyarchive.com...

Here is just one of the places it has been debunked. www.masonicinfo.com...

This has been discussed here before, but I could not find the thread. Should you need more info, there are some very knowledgeable cats *and monkeys, my apologies, MM
* around here that can do the Craft far greater justice than I.

[edit on 11/19/04 by The Axeman]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join