It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin holds press conference with over 1000 media outlets:

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

MALBOSIA
Putin would beat the crap out of Obama, Bush and Dick at the same
time. Biden can stand there looking like a goof as usual
American men are so frail. It is pathetic really.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

Something seems very Orwellian about this to me.

Remember, he is/was KGB.

Not with you on too many topics (except your historical ones of course) but on this...absolutely.

Seems right out of any futuristic, post apocalypse movie.

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
You know what?
I think the OP is correct.
Not out of any great love for Putin. I don't trust that he's anything more than a politician who used to have a real job so he's pretty sharp.

No,
I just don't think Obama could be set in front of 1000+ reporters and discuss national and international policies for 4 or 5 hours without having a complete meltdown.
He gets flaky when he has to answer unscripted questions in the press room for five minutes.
edit on 20-12-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Is anyone supposed to care whether or not he worked for the KBG??

A+ for the Captain Obvious big screen that every arena, theater, church in just about everywhere uses.

I know for a FACT you would not make this statement regarding the HomeLand.. errr OBAMA screens that look so much nicer because he laughs more.

Moments like these make it so easy to see how people are just sheep of different kinds, all of them sheep nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

I think they are all evil...but at least he is an evil that is truly strong and deserving of the power that he earned and took, while American politician's have been spoon-fed, while the TRUE cowards (The roots of the International Banking System) hide behind these political children, who are as stupid as the very children they bear. Putin is a force and has my respect in that way...but I know he would still expend me in a heart beat so ...screw him too. He's just got more real respect than I have for Obama and Bush, Cheney, and especially Hillary and Pelosi. (Talk about stupid)...any of these American cowards who are handing our country over to these black hearted tyrants called the Bankers. They are mere mice compared to Putin, who is a Saber Tiger compared to them. but still...piss on them all...him too. They have trapped us by all of this technology and we will never be able to defend ourselves until we learn to have meetings like they did back in 1776. Technology is an ear to our every breath. The end.

BTW, does DontTreadOnMe still work in here?
edit on 20-12-2013 by Illuminawty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

SLAYER69

Remember, he is/was KGB.

That's what goes through my mind any time I see those huge screens...I'm told they even have them in churches these days....

His KGB background doesn't seem to bother people much at all. I was absolutely blown out of the water by a couple of Cold War vets just after Putin had outfoxed our president. Both vowed that the US was dead as far as they were concerned. They both, independently said, "I never thought the day would come in my lifetime that I would have more respect for the president of Russia than I have for the US president." Yesterday one of them observed that our president is about to have his revenge for that criticism, "He's getting back at me by cutting my pension."

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Well over in the East there are gigantic issues and complexities that arise from it being the opposite society from the West, where there aren't as many beliefs, and more facts to deal with in the East -

So instead of memorizing sound-bytes and promoting a certain agenda, someone like Putin, as President of Russia, would be spending most of his time dealing with these complex issues on a day-to-day basis.

So he could easily go on for 4 hours, that's only half a work day, it is probably easier for him than his normal work day, or about the same - because he would be answering factually and not with sound bytes and philosophies.

-----

There are some dangers with the Rise of the East, though - and the East is rising. We have Russia having a very complex set of policies, and we have China with the same thing - one example of a negative aspect of the East rising would be with information control - in other words, limited access to information, and limited freedom of speech, as well.
edit on 21amSat, 21 Dec 2013 00:42:29 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

ParasuvO
reply to post by SLAYER69

Is anyone supposed to care whether or not he worked for the KBG??

A+ for the Captain Obvious big screen that every arena, theater, church in just about everywhere uses.

I know for a FACT you would not make this statement regarding the HomeLand.. errr OBAMA screens that look so much nicer because he laughs more.

Moments like these make it so easy to see how people are just sheep of different kinds, all of them sheep nonetheless.

Agreed; lots of sheep. They baa from opposite sides of a fence, believing the other to be captive and they free from oppression; while both of them are still contained in a larger paddock. They are all in the same field, eating the same grass, being controlled by the same herder.

Would this thread exist if the picture was taken from the other side of the stage where the person asking the question was focused on the big screen?

I don't think Putin is a saint, but do any of our world leaders today qualify? Lesser of evils is all we have. I'm not with his stance on gay people, let people be free. But at least this guy has done more than kiss ass all his life. He has intellect and physical ability. More than I can say for our leaders for some time. I mean, the guy is asked if the world is going to end, and responds with the life cycle of our local star, off the cuff. What would Obama or Bush say to that question? Stutter a bit and mumble something like no one knows?

You want Orwellian ... look at the cameras on the streets and highways. Look at the double speak from politicians. Look at the idea of police having increased power and immunity. Teaching kids not to protect each other and just tattle and stay out of it. Look at the kids being taught not to play or hug. Institutionalized education that hates deviation or individuality, never question authority, follow every rule, don't think outside the box.

The issues aren't liberal or conservative. The problem isn't this leader or that one. It all comes down to each one of us. If this thread was made in fun; then great; I'll give you a laugh at a stretch comparison. But if it was made in earnest; it just reinforces that the problem is people don't truly understand what is a threat to them, and keep thinking the boogeyman is elsewhere else just out of reach, instead on their own streets.

Putin is not your enemy, Obama isn't, Bush wasn't either. The enemy is yourself and your inaction to protect your rights, freedoms, neighbors ... to protect your views, but also the views and rights of the people you don't like or agree with. You see this with everything, because everyone thinks they are right or living the right way. 'I'm Christian, so my 10 Commandments are fine at a courthouse, but those hedonists can't have their idol, that is just crazy talk!' 'those gays, they like the wrong thing, why should they have equal rights?' and not so long ago (and even today) 'why can't they be with their own kind? mixing genetics looks wrong'. From religion to sexuality, from race to lifestyle. People just hate and deny.

That is your enemy, for that is how they divide you. Putin, Obama, Bush, etc aren't your Orwellian nightmare; your complacency is.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

SLAYER69

Remember, he is/was KGB.

Oh BS.

The screens are there so you can see the faces of both Putin and the questioner. Compare this to Obama's press conference at the White House yesterday. He towers above the reporters on his podium looking down at them and even treated some of them like little children. Putin looks up at his audience and is sincere.

Putin actually answers with real answers that you can match up with the original question.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Actually both were equally good at propaganda and did the same amount of it, you and most others in the west just happened to believe the US propaganda at that time (US = good guys, Russians = bad guys and all that BS, while both did pretty much the same).

The way the US does things hasn't changed much either, while the Russians got thrown out of the loop, so to say. What did change is the fact that now you have the internet to gather lots of independant information and maybe get a glimpse behind the curtain or at least be aware of it.

Also it does feel like they take less efford to hide what they do behind pretty words of freedom and democracy anymore while they do the opposite, though that might be due to the aforementioned hightened awareness.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Sirrurg
reply to post by badgerprints

Actually both were equally good at propaganda and did the same amount of it, you and most others in the west just happened to believe the US propaganda at that time (US = good guys, Russians = bad guys and all that BS, while both did pretty much the same).

The way the US does things hasn't changed much either, while the Russians got thrown out of the loop, so to say. What did change is the fact that now you have the internet to gather lots of independant information and maybe get a glimpse behind the curtain or at least be aware of it.

Also it does feel like they take less efford to hide what they do behind pretty words of freedom and democracy anymore while they do the opposite, though that might be due to the aforementioned hightened awareness.

Being from Europe, you would have been in the right spot to see both sides of it during the cold war.
I've been to 30+ countries and served when the Russian bear was the threat as well as the Gulf wars.
I consider myself pretty well educated and traveled.

I'm always interested to see a different point of view from mine though.
It's a good way to learn things.

Putin did say he envied the way Obama can spy with near impunity so I guess being out of the loop doesn't change what they would be doing if they had been in it for the last 20 years.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
He said some interesting things. Like the state media should be run by patriots as a tool to promote the states agenda, that Stalin and Cromwell were are the same, that Cossacks being used policing are often more efficient than the police despite the abuse claims, completely supports NSA spying as it is being used to fight terrorism (I would suspect the Russians and the NSA have been working together in certain areas and this a cover my butt comment in case it becomes public). That young Russians have no moral guidance without the Communist Workers Code so the state needs to enforce morals, the war on corruption continues etc. Mostly it seemed to be people complaining about problems in their part of Russia that were suppose to be fixed and him saying they are working on it.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

badgerprints
[...]
Putin did say he envied the way Obama can spy with near impunity so I guess being out of the loop doesn't change what they would be doing if they had been in it for the last 20 years.

Indeed, if they could they would. These days Obama can do pretty much the same as the USSR could back then and does it too, just in a more underhanded way, I guess... sending tanks to a disobedient country like the USSR did during the Prague Spring wouldn't look so good withing our oh so free and democratic western world. Not that there are a whole lot of disobedient countries, mind you.

Sending tanks to most Asian, African or middle-eastern country or bombing the **** out of them for resources if fine of course, at least as long as the propaganda paints them as the bad guys. Which it always does, even if all the 'bad guys' do is to try and fight for freedom and democracy for themselves against the interests of the west.

Speaking of propaganda, back when the GDR still existed we could watch their news, and most of them could watch ours, even though it was of course strictly forbidden for them to do so. Still at times their news had to deny stuff from our news, that they supposedly never saw...

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

RocksFromSpace
Can you imagine Obama trying this with No prearranged questions, No Script, No Teleprompter, No one to save his sorry A** for 4 hours

You do realize that in Russia, Putin can relieve any executive of a private company of his post and has done so many times, and he just shut down a major state news organization because it started criticizing him? He put some girls in jail for a year due to "hooliganism" because they protested in a church around gay rights. No I can't imagine Obama doing this.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

MALBOSIA
It is a breath of fresh air to watch Putin.

A man that stands by his convictions.

Sure he was part of the KGB, that just means he actually has power
unlike his American counterpart that holds a meer tocken possition.

Go Putin! Men face their accusers. Cowards hide and deflect away
from theirs.

Yeah...s'pose your right....I guess that's why he rigged his re-election, put all national television networks in Ru back under state control, pays his gangs to beat up and 'disappear' people he doesn't like, assassinates any political opponent of merit, ignores the institutional and social abduction, abuse and murder of gay people, is afriad of four little pussy's, cant keep his hands to himself at dinner parties, is still abusing the human rights of Russian citizens living in Chechnya, now deciding daily life for Ukrainian citizens too, and has harassed Human rights organizations, imprisoned journalists and had aid workers thrown out of the country!

Sure he faces his accusers..in a very dark room...with his thugs....and their guns.
He's just another two bit dictator..with emphasis on the dic

edit on 22-12-2013 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

It has been my understanding this is a yearly tradition that Putin and the Kremlin hosts. I have watched a few of them now. Whatever people think about Putin is besides the point that he is a great interviewee.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Although I can appreciate the admiration of Putins directness and masculinity, especially when compared to "scared to serve powder brain" Bush and "piss my pants when asked a real question" Obama - I think its all a grand game.

I don't claim to know where or with who the real power doeth lie, although I have my suspicions - but the "leaders" put forth for us to place our faith are very obviously working together to a greater degree than admitted.

One just has to look at the comments Mededev made to Obama on that open mic - although that could be for show also. Smoke and mirrors.

Its a bit like Bush senior supposedly having a hand in China's one child policy - its all trial runs before the big change - which of course is a world government - dictatorial in nature , oppressive in operation.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Rosha

MALBOSIA

from theirs.

Yeah...s'pose your right....I guess that's why he rigged his re-election, put all national television networks in Ru back under state control, pays his gangs to beat up and 'disappear' people he doesn't like, assassinates any political opponent of merit, ignores the institutional and social abduction, abuse and murder of gay people, is afriad of four little pussy's, cant keep his hands to himself at dinner parties, is still abusing the human rights of Russian citizens living in Chechnya, now deciding daily life for Ukrainian citizens too, and has harassed Human rights organizations, imprisoned journalists and had aid workers thrown out of the country!

Sure he faces his accusers..in a very dark room...with his thugs....and their guns.

Some of your points were valid, the rest a bit bellow the belt yet all of them could be said about American leaders as well. The only difference is, it is done more Clandestine in America. I don't think Russian people would take the amount of lies that get fed to American people. I think in Russia it is understood that the KGB is steering the ship and if you mess with that you will be undone. In America, nobody not in "in the know" knows who or how many is or are actually steering the ship or whether they even agree. Ask a Russian what he thinks of American politics; the term Amaalikin Eadeote would probably swirl in their mind somewhere.

If the absolute truth about American political, military and corporate history ever came to light in its entirety... I don't even think there is a word for the amount of betrayal and horror that would inflicted on across the globe and you have to know that.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

MALBOSIA

Rosha

MALBOSIA

from theirs.

Some of your points were valid, the rest a bit bellow the belt yet all of them could be said about American leaders as well. The only difference is, it is done more Clandestine in America. I don't think Russian people would take the amount of lies that get fed to American people. I think in Russia it is understood that the KGB is steering the ship and if you mess with that you will be undone. In America, nobody not in "in the know" knows who or how many is or are actually steering the ship or whether they even agree. Ask a Russian what he thinks of American politics; the term Amaalikin Eadeote would probably swirl in their mind somewhere.

If the absolute truth about American political, military and corporate history ever came to light in its entirety... I don't even think there is a word for the amount of betrayal and horror that would inflicted on across the globe and you have to know that.

It's not a low blow imo to talk truthfully about a man willing to murder and sanction murder in order to further his personal need for control. I do 'get it'..don't get me wrong , I just wont buy into leader worship of any sort. Never have and have always been bewildered by it..especially watching US presidential elections. That said, Putin is not the hero he is appearing to be. He did rig his re-election and is claiming a mandate falsely in Russia where people en mass DID protest and vote against him, but just like protests in the USA, it didn't matter, he took power anyway. So yes I eeked and puked when I saw some of the comments above. Its all a big shell game to me.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

okachobi

RocksFromSpace
Can you imagine Obama trying this with No prearranged questions, No Script, No Teleprompter, No one to save his sorry A** for 4 hours

You do realize that in Russia, Putin can relieve any executive of a private company of his post and has done so many times, and he just shut down a major state news organization because it started criticizing him? He put some girls in jail for a year due to "hooliganism" because they protested in a church around gay rights. No I can't imagine Obama doing this.

But, but, but....he says says things....You know the surface is always the truth for politicians. He has a strong physic and does manly things, who cares about policy!
edit on 22-12-2013 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join