It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 US Soldiers killed in Afghanistan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Dear Keyboard Warrior,
Not aimed at any particular individual and merely included for curiosity value...
I once saw written as a critique "the only reason to follow this man is out of idle curiosity", this, along with "having this person on your team is depriving some village of its idiot!" are obvious interpretations affected by situation and relevance and a certain amount of tongue in cheek, so no offence meant, to anyone!
However, Your view of reality is somewhat tainted by a slight but obvious bias.
I make no apologies for the Politicians who cause these "wars" and I sure as heck do not and will never endorse the killing of innocents wheresoever they die.
I value the life of every member of the human race in equal terms, I worked with many of the races during some 40 years in the same job, I never treated anyone differently due to age, race, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation or whatever PC terms you wish to use. Everyone was equal, everyone was treated equally and treatment to the contrary not tolerated.
I, like the vast majority of open-minded members of the UK population was against the invasion of Iraq and the slaughter that followed. History has proven the lies of Blair to have been just that, lies.
Invading a country and going to war based on lies did the US no good whatsoever and wasted the huge worldwide support and tolerance that 9-11 tragically provided.
And do not dare to intimate I don't understand, I had been up the twin towers twice and I sure as he'll shed a tear when they fell.
I am pleased to say that my experience of the followers of Islamic faith has never been contaminated by the likes of those who would attempt to butcher an unarmed soldier in a London Street after mowing him down with a car from behind-cowards who taint the faith they purport to follow. Thankfully the Muslim population here is beginning to speak its mind and the vast majority of Imams are speaking freely with common sense.
I do not hold any support either for the likes of those that cause innocent civilians to die and call it "collateral damage" as if justifying the act, nor those that allowed the disgrace that was Abu Ghraib.
Bigotry and delusion exist in all walks of life, but as I have said previously, the truth will out.
In addition, I am under no illusion as to the reasoning and justification behind various "wars" being full of obfuscation or smoke and mirrors as some might say.
Your reference to the poppy fields is interesting though, Christians In Action not withstanding, the subsequent end product of the opium poppy, Scientific name: Papaver somniferum is Heroin or Diamorphine. Without the end user there would be no market for the product, which, as for Cocaine in the South Americas, is a subsistence crop forming most of the GNP of certain countries.
As for volunteer enlisted personnel having no honour or dignity, an easy thing to claim about the dead, but totally untrue, the death of many who fought in 2 world wars provides you with a safe and secure platform to issue forth, had either war been lost, it is doubtful you would be abusing this hard won freedom at all.
So, neither misquote, misinterpret or misstate my views and opinions if you please.
RIP to all those dead, warriors or civilians alike.

I rest my case M'lud, as Rumpole of the Bailey was won't to express.

edit on 22-12-2013 by Shuftystick because: Misspelt word

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Zaphod58
From what I was told from various places, something happened near the tail of the aircraft, an explosion or something happened damaging the tail rotor. The aircraft hit the ground hard, but there was a second aircraft overhead at the time, and no reports of a post crash attack.

They typically fly in twos or more for cover if one goes down. I fly on these all the time, shooting one down would be a lucky shot to say the least, and a rocket would not normally hit the tail. Could have been mechanical failure too.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

It was definitely NOT mechanical. They were hit hard by people on the ground, there is no doubt about that.

The military has a history lately of lying to cover their ass after accidents.

The F-22 crash in Alaska was blamed on the pilot for failing to maintain control while contorting himself to activate his backup oxygen generator.

The KC-135 in Kyrgyzstan report made a point of mentioning something that happened on an evaluation flight with the aircraft commander on the accident flight, even though there was no way it could have played a role in the accident.

Now this, claiming mechanical failure when it wasn't.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kamza

These people had no honour or dignity,

So you know these men personally, because you must to make a statement such as this.

To those that say 'oh they should be honoured, damn them political leaders for sending them!' you are doing a diservice to the human race.

Be mad at the politicians, but at least show some respect for the dead whether you agree with why they are there,because they do deserve that honor at least.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

So the helicopter had to make a hard landing because of "engine trouble" and only then started suffering attack from Afghan freedom fighters (hey, that's what uncle Ronnie used to call them, so that's what I call them)?

Sounds like the Afghans shot down a helicopter and the mendacious and hubristic US military can't acknowledge that fact.

What were the 'Murikens doing in the helicopter when they were shot down? Shooting up wedding parties or machinegunning down kids collecting firewood?

I feel the same ways about these attacks by resistance fighters against occupying forces as I would have about attacks on Nazis or Imperial Japanese by resistance fighters.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Most probably is completely wrong my friend. Not that I need to explain myself to anyone here but, I stayed in to help my brother with my niece who developed brain cancer. I also have a wife and children to support. Do us both a favor and please don't assume I'm some idiot. I have seen enough of the dirty side of these two wars with my own two eyes to want much less need your assumptions. Namaste

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kamza

I'll assume on your assumptions you've never served? I have known many servicemen and women with plenty of HONOR. Been there? Done that? If not your vicariously developed viewpoints should be thought out before you type it.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by countingcoup

If your not part of the solution, you are part of the problem!
Whether you are a big wheel or a small cog, you help the murder machine keep rolling.
Knowing that we are in the wrong with what we do, there is no excuse to continue the agenda of a few crooks.
Especially when it means more of our kids will be perpetually killed by said machine.
There is no way to sugar coat this or polish it up, it is a gold painted turd, no matter how shiny some see it as.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Likewise g. Be a part of the solution. Or wait a sec did I strike a nerve there? You attacking my "excuses", it is seemingly possible ( and judging by other posts of yours ) you enjoy attacking people no matter their stance unless they completely agree with yours. See I don't want or need your validation, I'm perfectly in tune with what I've had to do to get by and support my family. Call it what you want g, I've got some shoes or better yet boots you are free to walk in.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Now this, claiming mechanical failure when it wasn't.

I'm not claiming anything just suggesting. They could have been hit, I was in a BH when we got hit with small ground fire...it happens. There is no need to cover up anything. So are you suggesting the F-22 was shot down?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the leadership. They are lying about this, just as they lied about the cause of the F-22 crash. I'm not suggesting the F-22 was shot down by any stretch, but it sounds a lot better to say that it was pilot error, and vilify the pilot than to be sued because your beautiful new aircraft has a major problem.
edit on 12/22/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I was searching to see if there was anymore info on this latest crash when I came across this article.
Seems like the Black Hawk Helicopter has had a history of problems, with numerous "investigated" crashes, but never a reported finding. Here is one similar back in 2004

KANDAHAR AIRFIELD, Afghanistan — An Army UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter shuttling U.S. Marines crashed in eastern Afghanistan on Thursday afternoon, killing one crewmember and injuring 14 troops.

The crash was not a result of hostile fire, said Lt. Col. Susan Meisner, an Army spokeswoman in Kabul. The transportation helicopter was destroyed.

Initial military reports indicated that the dead servicemember was a Marine. Meisner, however, confirmed that the fatality was a soldier, one of the four crewmembers aboard the Black Hawk.

The accident occurred in Khost province at about 2:45 p.m. along Afghanistan’s mountainous frontier with Pakistan, said Meisner. She said the aircraft was on a routine mission and not involved in combat operations.

NOTE within the same article:

Fully loaded, Black Hawks carry a crew of four and 11 passengers.

Meisner said the cause of the accident was under investigation.

This is the fourth fatal helicopter crash in Afghanistan since the U.S. invasion almost three years ago. All of the crashes have been accidents.

Source: Stars and Stripes

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter
If an Republican wins in 2016 expect our forces to stay till forever.

LOL. Obama has not pulled everyone out of both regions yet after how many years in office?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Read this today:

ISAF spokesperson confirmed that a Blackhawk helicopter crash in mid-December that killed six soldiers was the result of “enemy action.”
The spokesperson said that the families of the six soldiers were notified Thursday that “enemy action caused the crash and loss of life.”

At the time of the crash, on December 17, defense officials said there had been no indications that enemy fire had brought down the helicopter.

The investigation into the crash continues, so no other details were provided.

A defense official would not go into what kind of “enemy action” brought down the helicopter, but said the investigation had determined there was no firefight on the ground after the crash.

It came from a new report about an MC-12 crash in Afghanistan. Source

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join