It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galatians 6:2 Carry each others burdens.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Galatians 6:2 Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

How do you go about carrying my burdens. I'm very heavy laden or have been in the past.

How do we burden swap? Is there a trade system going?

Is this something spiritual? Can we actually carry each others weights there by making them lighter for us.

What is the theory?

If I lift some of your burdens weight it returns to you lighter I think so your overall burden is lighter and it makes it so you can maneuver a bit.

I think the overall goal is to reduce the burden so much that it's no burden at all.

There is an overall work to be done and each person carries a load to solve it. Each individual persons load is made up of heaps of different loads. You might be able to carry a certain distance a block from someone elses load without it weighing yourself down to much.

But just how do we fulfill the law of Christ? Exactly how do we share each others burdens? Again is this a spiritual mechanism. It says carry each others burdens. So that must mean there is a type of trade system. It would be wrong for someone to carry all the weight of someone else and not be rewarded or at least have your own weight carried as well.

I'll trade you. You carry some of my weights burdens, and i'll carry an equal amount of yours. But now that i've said this what are the actions and mechanisms behind swapping burdens.

I believe there are compatibility issues. Like my burden has to be compatible with your load bearing. It has to fit in the slots you provide for it. Otherwise it becomes overly burdensome and cumbersome.

No really. Burden trade. Share each others load. Prop up some of the weight with muscle or structure.

We are all unique but still share and have to find common threads together. Everything you need to accomplish in life is in the burden.

Share and carry my burden. Make my load lighter. Now how are you going to do that? What are your ways? Do you know how? Be inventive. Be spiritual.

Trade.

Leeda.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
That is what its about here, the tests. Love each other like family and spread happiness, and help one another, not just with money, but at times, what goes around comes around, but even if it doesn't still doing what can be done. Love. listen. Understand. Help one who is angry or lost find happiness and solutions, pull them up. Reach a hand into the pit and pull them up. Don't give up on people. Even in a situation where the person may be a danger to self or others, and even if you can't get close, send prayers, send the force of love and consciousness, intercede for them with faith in Goodness, and I'm not writing from a religious view point. This is more of a: come as you are.

Interject humor into harder situations, not mean humor. More happiness, find some high frequency things to raise the feeling and lesson the gravity. When you rise above a problem you can look down and say, well that is what its like to struggle without the light or awareness, in low frequency, and even look with a bit of humor. And say, normal people in those circumstances would be like this, and have some understanding of psychology.

Bear with one another.

Teamwork.

Thats the whole test of earth! In a nutshell.

Don't use judgements, scarsity or smiting.

The universe is sick with pain tactics. Use the Love and Humor/Laughter/Happiness ones always.

Walk the mile with others.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

If you're not sure what a statement means, the thing to do is to look at the context.
This verse follows on from "If a brother be overtaken with any trespass, restore him in a spirit of gentleness".
Being unduly harsh on his faults would make his life harder, so not being unduly harsh makes his life easier. It "eases his burden".

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
People use pain and death as weapons. These are the basis of our military.

To put an end to pain and death would be to obsolete the military and they would suffer defeat.

The Word. The alphabets. Letters. Numbers.

Things that I speak. We carry death and pain as a burden.

We are processors.

We lift weight and move it from one place to another. You develop short cuts in the Word. You wear a path that becomes well trodden.

Once you have bitten off a bit and chomped it for a while it becomes smaller and more manageable and it weighs much less then it can be passed on to another in word. Maybe.

Each day you become a little more proficient at the days activities. You never know what to expect but you still learn things day to day to day. There can be routine and structure with elements of randomness. But you learn and progress.

Like a skater who goes out and skates everyday, he learns. At first he can't jump the curb. Then one day he can. Then he can do other tricks with flash and show. Same with the surfer. He started from not being able to stand up on the board.

So life can be like this. You learn flash and show tricks that actually provide a way to lighten the load. You learn the word through practice and progression.

But this doesn't work for me. I don't notice progression and have infact had a huge regression and have passed my peak. There could be some thing more there but I doubt it.

Man i'm like 35 now. That's old.

That's how I have lived my life though. It was for progression. Like upgrades. Tools devices hacks. Thoughts and movement. Upgrades of the mind and body. Live for the thrill of the surf. The great mind.

Alas my upgrade days are over. Progression and all has been lost in me. Where I was at.

I never did find the truth or progress upgrade far enough to reach critical mass and now i'm old and fading like a rich man.

But yep for my retirement days I would like less burdens. So any burden you can lift or help me with is awesome.

I have suffered heaps. There is currently a sanction placed on trade in this surffering that I have suffered and endured. I didn't sanction it, the suffering, I was just offering to trade in it and it's lessons and endurance, because of it's awesomeness it was sanctioned somehow. I'm not liked. I'm not suffering much these days. I'm only a little tortured compared to yesteryear.

So yep lift some of my burdens and I shall lift some of yours so fulfilling the law of Christ.

This can all be done through this dialogue.

This is a Frontline.

Can you possibly upgrade me. Skaters gunna skate.

No one actually knows how to carry someone elses burdens do they? Maybe physically they can but spiritually or mentally? No one has come up with a solution yet.

Anyhow print some words, roll some text lift and shift some weight.

Process on. Chomp the bit.

This has been your Leeda.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I think Unity said it very well.
It's about commiseration - about lending a hand, pulling up slack.
My mom called me yesterday and left a message with a "sad tone of voice". I called her, and asked what was up. We wound up talking for about 45 minutes, and I had her laughing so hard, just talking, that it cheered her entire day up.

We are not "islands." We are all connected; therefore it requires all of us working together, in whatever way we are able - to achieve things.

I'm not a physically strong person, but I'm capable of holding one end of a piece of furniture or a fallen tree limb to move it.

We NEED each other. "No man is an island." To me, that means that collectively we can 'share' the burdens, and ease each other's suffering.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Galatians 6:2 Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
To "carry someone's burden" was idiomatic for to forgive.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by leeda

To carry the burden means to help others, that is why it says this is fulfilling the law of Christ. The only thing that fulfills the entire law - the entire bible is The Golden Rule (treat others as you'd like to be treated):

"For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
- Galatians 5:14

new topics

top topics

join