It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share Songs You Love from Countries You've Been Programmed to Hate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The idea behind this topic is to post links to music videos or just the names of songs you like from countries you have been programmed to hate. I am a musician and I believe that music and food can prevent further world violence. I can't prove it but my personal experience is that beautiful music and great food can turn enemies into neighbors.

That's not to say there aren't issues that need to be addressed but this is more of a topic to find common ground where no ground exists. I understand that countries like say India have issues with women's rights etc... I get it. However, this topic is about finding MUSIC. Post music that makes your heart pump from the inside out.

To ATS: Choose a country and research a song from that country and post music you find appealing.

Some suggestions:

Iran
Cuba
Egypt
Israel
U.S.A.
U.K.
Palestine
Iraq
India

My first choice(and btw I have NO idea wtf they are saying):

Nepal:

All I hear is chum chum but I really like the melody.

edit on 19-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Who has been programmed to hate any country, and how is that done?

Who is doing this alleged "programming"?

For many leftists, I would expect them to point out music from the United States, in all honesty.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Any country you'd feel uncomfortable discussing as if you were a citizen.

Do you feel a sense of "red team vs. blue team" mentality when a certain country comes up in a conversation?

No?

Yes?

I give you homework:

Find a song from Iran you enjoy and post the link, then we will discuss.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

OrphanApology

Any country you'd feel uncomfortable discussing as if you were a citizen.

Do you feel a sense of "red team vs. blue team" mentality when a certain country comes up in a conversation?

No?

Yes?

I give you homework:

Find a song from Iran you enjoy and post the link, then we will discuss.

The only country hate programming that exists is the leftist hatred of the USA.

I have an extensive collection of middle eastern inspired music, I'm sure you've heard of the Dead Can Dance, for instance.

Does that make me pretend that Iran is not a state that is dangerous? Does identifying anything as dangerous equal Hate?

Venomous snakes and sharks are dangerous. Does recognising that mean I hate snakes and sharks?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
TheWrightWing your contributions to this thread are pointless. Clearly propaganda against other counties exists; arguing against is absurd. The point of the thread is to share music, not idiotic opinions.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I listen to music from all over the world, from the Celtic tradition to Tuvan throat-singing. I'm also a big fan of Iranian movies, Cheb Khaled of Algeria, the 3 Mustaphas 3 (when I still thought they were from behind the Iron Curtain), and a lot else. I like Canadian folk too, but who hates the Canadians?! I abhor 'Merican pop music...

My three great musical passions:

Italian baroque

Celtic folk

Scandinavian folk

Some Cheb Khalid: www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-12-2013 by Lazarus Short because: dum-de-dum

Throat singing: www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-12-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

Something Indian, just for fun: www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-12-2013 by Lazarus Short because: jub-jub-jub

3M3 (they're actually British): www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-12-2013 by Lazarus Short because: God save the Queen, or not...

Marta Sebestyen from Hungary: www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-12-2013 by Lazarus Short because: yes, annuder linkie

Lastly (I could do this all night) Wimme Saari and his (amazing!) band Rinne Radio: www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-12-2013 by Lazarus Short because: whoop! whoop! whoop!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I am not understanding your position.

I am an anarchist.

I am a 100% supporter of non-violence(except in direct self defense) and free markets.

I am against the state and state sanctioned theft.

I am not understanding your position.

This topic is to post links or names of songs to countries you have been programmed to hate. If you don't believe that we've been programmed to hate certain countries then you haven't been watching MSM. If that's the case then you are a mighty man, one deserving of your Ayn Rand inspired avatar....

I looked up the band you mentioned- Dead Can Dance

Let's discuss:

What's bizarre is that I think they are using the same music program as me...
edit on 19-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: D

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Ladytron of Afrika!

Awesome.

Really dig that melody. Reminds me of Tron.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Man you can't not feel like a badass when listening to that song. Do you like the Gypsy Kings?

Here's another great song:

Baile Me(Dance for me):

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

If you like the Gipsy Kings (your vid was my introduction) I think you'd also like a Spanish band called Radio Tarifa. They probably have Ewetoob vids...

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Thank you so much!

I have never heard of that band...

I have to "research" them more, but listen to the whistle or whatever this is and the improvisation...amazing!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Thank you for all those links. I am sorry I didn't reply earlier.

Beautiful.

Took time to watch them and got lost for a little bit! The first link sounds french almost. LOL please argue with me, I'm just telling you what it sounds like.

Who's Aisha?

LOL.

I love music.

Post more links if you can. I will look up more music as well.

Edit: Also I can't stop watching that Indian video. It's good to know dorks exist in all countries...I hate being alone. LOL. laughing my ass off.
edit on 20-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: D

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
What a great idea. Nice thread. Dead Can Dance sound good, I'll listen to more and might have to sample some stuff.

France

No idea what they are saying but it's a tune.

Pakistan

If you like that you should listen to a song called Murassi. I can't find it on Youtube.

Germany

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
This is such a wonderful thread idea, sharing the music of the world! I do think music really helps bring people together. When you mentioned Iran, one of my favorite songs of all time came to mind. I couldn't find it online, so I uploaded it to YouTube specifically for you guys.

It's not something to listen to for relaxing, as she tends to sing about very difficult and controversial topics, but her songs are very powerful to me.

I love the music everyone has shared so far! For something more cheerful, I will try to upload some footage I filmed in Prague of a medieval themed street band.

Also, if you liked this Farsi song, I have many more songs of similar style in Farsi, Arabic, and Russian.

edit on 12/20/2013 by ValerieDivusen because: Replaced direct link with embedded video.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

OrphanApology

Thank you for all those links. I am sorry I didn't reply earlier.

Beautiful.

Took time to watch them and got lost for a little bit! The first link sounds french almost. LOL please argue with me, I'm just telling you what it sounds like.

Who's Aisha?

LOL.

I love music.

Post more links if you can. I will look up more music as well.

Edit: Also I can't stop watching that Indian video. It's good to know dorks exist in all countries...I hate being alone. LOL. laughing my ass off.
edit on 20-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: D

Good call on the Cheb Khalid song, as it's sung in French! I only wish I knew who Aisha was...lovely. Cheb Khalid is the top dog in a music style called "Rai." His band did the music for the taxi chase scene in The Fifth Element.

I'll post more music links later. One that comes to mind is a Russian bluegrass band called Kukuruza. It's a bit strange hearing a familiar bluegrass tune with Russian singing...but I like it. As always, check Ewetoob.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I don't know if I hate any country, but, we sure are being programmed to hate certain ones which serve an agenda. Here's one from Iran. Who knew heavy metal was in Iran. I didn't till I started to look at 'them' as people like us in the West. They also don't buy everything their governments try to push on them.

Fear by aliaj HD

Arsames - Persepolis (Iran)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Iranian heavy metal? It sounds almost like an oxymoron. This thread is going to take us to some strange places...

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ValerieDivusen

Thanks for uploading that video.

Interesting to learn about an Iranian female rapper. I didn't even know any existed!

The more you know...

Here's more information :Name of this artist(you put label on your Youtube) is Salome MC

Here's Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join