It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh those Koreans :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I came across this little marketing gem from South Koran manufacturer Ssangyong.

Talk about a bizarre cross pollination of English and Korean languages lol. Yet after watching it I have a strange yearning to own the amazing Korando sprint.....

Marvel at features such as the birdwing fender, and headlights that come as standard.....

Oh hang on, I've already got two Ssangyongs in my driveway already. Oh well, next year maybe year

edit on 19-12-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Being a mechanic, I can most definitely say don't buy Korean. When working on one of these cars, it is immediately obvious that the parts are somewhat like a China knock off purses. They look the same, but the quality is junk.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tryingtomakeit

You might be surprised to know then that ssangyong was once part owned by mercedes benz. A lot of their cars still feature mercedes engines and gearboxes. Others feature australian made transmissions. Being the owner of two if them, i can honestly say that they are not your typical junk.

You are indeed correct about chinese made vehicles and components. That are absolute rubbish at this point in time.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

G,day mate. ad states 19something engine size. lets round it out to 2 litre/liter.
Mate the only thing i by in size 2 litre/liter is bloody milk. lol

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

pronto

G,day mate. ad states 19something engine size. lets round it out to 2 litre/liter.

Lol, typically Australian attitude.......

With the price of fuel being what it is, I have no shame on driving a 2.0 engine.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

pronto

when i was young i owned a 652 cc french citroen visa 2 cylander and i could get 90 mph out of it and run around all week on half a tank .

ps you do know they eat dogs over there
edit on 20/12/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Almost looks like a re-branded and updated Subaru Baja. Given the shape and size, I wonder if they're using the same chassis? I'll probably never see it here since it seems the market for small-size pickups here in the states isn't so great, and most companies don't even bother to sell them here anymore.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

I've seen pictures of the Baja and it's nothing like it in real life. This is a revision of a much more hideous design that is their own. And no, you won't see this brand in the USA for now at least, but they are very popular in some south American countries

new topics

top topics

join