It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Results of Japanese fish radioactivity--It's Safe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Less than 3% of sampled fish had levels exceeding 100 Bq/Kg.(their very low safety level compared to US)

Surprisingly low levels.

www.cbsnews.com...

Amassing the results of tens of thousands of samples like this, Japan’s Fisheries Agency says ocean and fish contamination has sharply declined since the March 2011 nuclear accident at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant. In the three months following the catastrophe, 53 percent of fish sampled off Fukushima showed radiation levels surpassing the safety limit of 100 bequerels per kilogram. By the following year, the proportion of contaminated fish had halved. And by November of this year, only 2.2 percent of samples tested unsafe. (Away from hard-hit Fukushima, the ratio is less than one percent.)

A team of experts from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) recently backed Japan’s claim that radiation levels, despite ongoing problems with wastewater leaks at the crippled nuclear plant, were returning to normal.

Species that have remained radiation-free even around Fukushima -- where commercial fishing is still on hold in the wake of the accident -- include mollusks, squid and octopus, “species that don’t have backbones tend to accumulate less radioactive substances,” explained Suginaka, of the Fisheries Agency.

edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Tuna has always been a staple in my diet- love the stuff- but I haven't bought a single can since Fukishima quake; don't plan on it, either.
I won't be eating anything that comes from the ocean in the coming years, and I may even give up eating what grows on land.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I would trust the white pointer sharks before I would trust the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

Where is the research by their peers.

All very well to claim peer reviewed when it suits them.

Now I must go for a swim with my friends the sharks. At least I know they behave with complete honesty.

P

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
As all of TPTB conspire collectively to outright LIE to us peons, we are supposed to just buy their fabricated and self serving BS. I do not subscribe to this trickery, and usually do just the opposite...if they say it is safe, I stay away from it, if they say it is bad, give me a triple order..., let the sheep play the fool, sad times indeed.....

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

I highly recommend you start at the beginning of this ongoing 54 page thread on The Fukushima disaster, and the lying to the public by the Japanese Government and TEPCO, owners of the 4 leaking nuclear reactors in Fukushima.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But, you really should first familiarize yourself the now closed, due to length, previous 1,402 page thread that started the day of the EQ in Japan.

Please do not lose enthusiasm just because SkepticOverlord has closed the other thread after 1401 pages, it is still very relevent to our survival and to keeping up with the shenannigans from TEPCO.

After you've read the TRUTH of Fukushima....get back to me and tell me how safe the fish in Japan is.

Happy reading....

Des

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Hi Des, thank you for the connection, since we must stay away from all of the Pacific fish, did you make any Christmas cookies???

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

Cookies yes. Sushi...no.

Des

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I've followed most of the threads, and I continue to see people anxious to disregard all scientific evidence and insist on near ELE occurring. If you've got real evidence of things being much worse than the IAEA is saying, it should be easy for you to post. I haven't seen anything other than fear mongering so far.

1)The fish is appearing to be safe in waters of Japan outside of Fuku bay.
2)There is no evidence of detectable Cesium in waters beyond 20 Km from Fuku.
3)The only spike in air-filter radiation in the US occurred in the last of March 2011, and it was relatively small.

This evidence and the links have been posted several times.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

I pray this is true.

I have a difficult time believing studies coming from sources who have repeatably lied to us. Fukushima is still not under control. 3 total meltdowns that we were lied about for months.

Who do you trust?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's a real bummer when Sushi is your favorite food & now unsafe
to eat. I had not eaten any seafood until recently 2 times since
the disaster at Fukushima. I had Sushi Mon before Thanksgiving
as a family Christmas Eve tradition but I would not be there this year.

What a bloody bummer I will not consume again. Not unless there
are safe farmed fish that are possible for sushi contestants.

I followed the thread almost to the end but had to stop 3/4 through.

The 1402 pages are VERY much the truth of what has & is happening.
I am glad to see that it still continues as a second continuing source.

There are contributors that have been there since day one & they know
what's going on & what to expect.

What about Tuna tested off the West Coast everyone tested 100% positive
for contamination from Fukushima? Sorry would have too go find the thread that
is currently posted...which also mentions the East Coast contamination due to rain fall.

Many reports are finally coming out now with the horrors of information
& this is just the beginning of what's to come.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

OK....here ya go.

TUNA: 100% OF SAMPLES TESTED SHOW RADIATION

In addition, out of fifteen Pacific Tuna fish caught and tested from various points in the ocean, one hundred percent tested positive for radiation contamination! Researchers at Stanford University studied samples from 20 blue-fin tuna caught off California between May and August 2012 and said they detected radioactive cesium. They concluded the source of the contamination was the nuclear accident at the Fukushima Daiichi plant.

CALIFORNIA: FISH "MELTING"

Enormous amounts of Star Fish on the sea floor off the California coast have begun dissolving into mushy piles of white goo. During an ocean dive Thursday morning, November 7, 2013 off the coast of Santa Cruz, Pete Raimondi [UCSC ecology professor] watched two halves of a broken sea star ravaged by a “wasting syndrome” walk away from each other. Not long after, they would turn into mushy piles of goo, disintegrated by a disease that has so far perplexed scientists. It appears the syndrome is impacting as many as 10 sea star species up and down the West Coast, wiping out entire populations in certain areas. “They can go from great -- to pieces -- in 12 hours,” said Raimondi. The Pacific Ocean is in the middle of a cooling trend, so biologists are at a loss to explain the outbreak. Others, speaking to Turner Radio Network on condition of anonymity fearing retaliation from authorities, said the cause has already been identified: radiation poisoning. These biologists have been threatened with losing their jobs if they reveal this publicly.

Star Fish melting into white goo

How lucky for Japan to have save fish to eat. Especially since their leaking reactors are poisoning fish so far away from Japan.

Much more info at link, and pics of dying blistered bleeding eyed fish.
turnerradionetwork.com...

Do your homework before coming to ATS and telling everyone the fish in Japan is radioactive free and safe to eat.

Des

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

aaaaaaand I believe 0% of this!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I will never stop eating fish from ocean, if I die from a radioactive fish that's life it gets ya sooner or later

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

Pure propaganda. The tuna are lousy with two cesium isotopes.
edit on 12/19/2013 by Restricted because: clarification

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

The tuna report averaged 3% above the previous year, and was still in safe bounds.

The melting starfish episode does not have a definite cause that has been reported by credible scientists.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

Got numbers? Bq/Kg?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

As far as the tuna, yes, they all had levels of radiation in them, but let's look at those levels.

One example of what I mean is the repeated insistence that pacific blue fin tuna have become so irradiated that they dangerous to eat. When actually the Fukushima radiation that would come from a tuna steak taken off a fish caught off the west coast would be around and about one twentieth of the radiation you would ingest from eating a normal banana. Which isn’t something we normally consider to be dangerous really.

www.forbes.com...

Radioactive cesium doesn’t sink to the sea floor, so fish swim through it and ingest it through their gills or by eating organisms that have already ingested it. It is a compound that does occur naturally in nature, however, the levels of cesium found in the tuna in 2012 had levels 3 percent higher than is usual. Measurements for this year haven’t been made available, or at least none that I have been able to find. I went looking for the effects of ingesting cesium.

topinfopost.com...

As for the starfish, somehow the radiation is bypassing every single other life form type and only affecting starfish? It's not killing anything else, like coral, or fish, or algae, but only starfish?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Well, here is some reading for you...Enjoy
You propably wont enjoy...

Dire Warnings and Melting Starfish: Fukushima Fearmongering

CLAIM: Fukushima radiation is the cause of an epidemic of melting sea stars. Marine biologists are buzzing about a string of grisly starfish deaths in the Pacific Northwest and British Columbia. The creatures suddenly become covered with lesions, lose their internal pressure, begin disintegrating and die. However, this is a well-chronicled disease called starfish wasting syndrome, and has caused massive die-offs many other times, including as far back as 1983.

edit on 19-12-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Tusks
I've followed most of the threads, and I continue to see people anxious to disregard all scientific evidence and insist on near ELE occurring. If you've got real evidence of things being much worse than the IAEA is saying, it should be easy for you to post. I haven't seen anything other than fear mongering so far.

1)The fish is appearing to be safe in waters of Japan outside of Fuku bay.
2)There is no evidence of detectable Cesium in waters beyond 20 Km from Fuku.
3)The only spike in air-filter radiation in the US occurred in the last of March 2011, and it was relatively small.

This evidence and the links have been posted several times.

Try the ATS motto.

Explain this please.

Nuclear Emergency Tracking Center

files.abovetopsecret.com...

P

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Starfish are just one example. Rockfish caught earlier this year showed 254,000 bequerels per kilogram (2,540 times safe limit).
radiated fish
Also, some fish are more susceptible to radiation intake than are other fish. Tuna, salmon, shark are all examples of fish that can be expected to absorb higher than normal amounts of radiation. As well as rockfish and starfish, apparently.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join