It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare catastrophe: 30,000 Illinois customers told to start over

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Another breathtaking boondoggle bearing fruit.

This time it somehow affects people from Illinois that apparently were somehow shoved into Medicaid and somehow had no choice ?

Illinois residents use the Federal exchange to sign up for insurance.

Illinois does however have their own website but evidently that one is for something else ??

Very confusing.

But this report is saying 30,000 people need to somehow "re-apply" now.

Illinois officials are emailing and calling thousands of people, advising them to start over on their health insurance applications if they believe the federal government mistakenly referred them to Medicaid.

The latest wrinkle in the troubled enrollment process for the nation’s new health insurance system was announced Wednesday, just days ahead of a key enrollment deadline.

The federal HealthCare.gov website received more than 30,000 applications from Illinoisans who may be eligible for Medicaid, the government health program for the poor. That federal site has been plagued by glitches that now are mostly fixed.

THIS... is the alarming part..

Those 30,000 applications are the ones in question.

Some Illinois residents who were referred to Medicaid believe they were incorrectly denied private health coverage, said Illinois Department of Insurance spokesman Mike Claffey.

"" incorrectly denied private health coverage "" ??????

So, if the exchange somehow determines you should be on Medicaid, you are "*Denied*" any choice ??

ObamaCare catastrophe: 30,000 Illinois customers told to start over on health insurance

Thousands in Illinois told to start over on health insurance

W-I-L-D Thing

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Letter from the NSA data collection centre:

"Please resend...leaned on kb."

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What kills me the most about the entire health care debacle is that I could have instituted Nationwide Coverage in less than a week were I in a position to do so.

It would start like this: All Americans (no exceptions) have their current policies cancelled. Instead they will be issued a Medicare number. They can then use this number to get heath care. Medicare systems are already in place issuing more numbers would be simplistic.

The amount paid into the system will depend on a true pay one price system. Since ALL people pay into it the price would truly come down.

The only problem with my simple yet brilliant plan is that the insurance companies are immediately cut out of the loop. While this is a great idea Big Business would never allow it to happen.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Guess that's one way to "boost" the numbers of enrollments.

"Hey look Ma, we jumped 30,000 more sign-ups!"

If they do this in enough places Obama may his his enrollment numbers yet.

Too bad for those people though. Too bad for us too.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Headline is a bit sensationalist no?

Catastrophe?!

A bit much.

I agree it's alarming that if the system determines you qualify for Medicaid you dont' get a choice, but perhaps that was for the low income folk? As I understand it, Obamacare sorta collects all the relevant info right?

If it sees you are low income and would never be able to afford any of the private insurance in the exchange, then it could throw you into Medicaid automatically.

I see why they would have done that, but it's not really efficient.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well, it is certainly a catastrophe for the 30,000 folks who thought they were all signed up....have to start over....and the deadline is MOnday?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Those 30,000 who were "accidentally" given medicaid (free healthcare)? How many of those 30,000 have property with equity? Have savings accounts? Have some retirement benefits?

Have some kind of property that the gov't can confiscate if they are rushed to the hospital, after an accident, and then have a $50,000.00 bill that has to be paid - one way or the other?

Confiscation of "wealth" - distribution of "wealth" ?????? You be the judge.

If you have NOTHING to lose - you don't need healthcare insurance.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think we can safely replace the expression "Train Wreck" with "President Obama" in the lexicon.

"Holy freakin' cow! What a total President Obama this turned out to be!"

I think it rolls off the tongue nicely, especially in context to Obamacare.

... which seems all too appropriate.
edit on CST11America/Chicago51Fri, 20 Dec 2013 11:43:45 -06004311113151 by TheWrightWing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Aheheheh...

-Peace-

top topics

join