It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curse you Christmas cookies!

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I can hear you...whispering to me from the high kitchen cupboard.
"Why wait till December 24?" You say.
"One little cookie never hurt anyone." You speak louder.
" You know how much you love us..." Rings like bells in my brain.
You tiny gems of creamy butter ,deliciously sweet sugar, seducing me with a glistening cherry on top.
*drools
How evil you are.
"Come and get us." Wakes me from a slumber at 2am. " The kids are sleeping, and nobody will know."
But, but, I will know! And you think the kids won't notice ...seriously?
For a split second I contemplate believing it. Maybe just one.Or two, or......

Every year it's the same thing....I have to have them. I can't fight it anymore!!!
*** oh crumbs on the keyboard....grrrr.
What? Oh no honey, I didn't touch the cookies...Must have been the kids.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Nothing like raising the acidity of the blood to fight viruses this time of the year
I look for every excuse I can for eating cookies.
You shouldn't eat cookies that late at night though, the coffee will interfere with your sleep.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Try being the baker of many types of Christmas goodies when you're addicted to sugar. It's like being a pharmacist when you're a raving drug addict.

So yeah....I've eaten an incredible amount of cookies and Christmas candy already. Everybody got their share, but I got mine too....and there's still a week to go. God help me, I'm gonna need an intervention before this season is over.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Apparently my hubby heard the dough calling from the fridge just the other night. The man does not cook, bake, anything.
But he got out the tub and started baking.
I know why he doesn't bake.
He didn't burn them, but I don't like the cookies so crispy they shatter when you bite them.

Good thing I have another tub in the freezer, hidden.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Usually I hate chocolate, but this year, there are two boxes of 'em up there that I really really want to open. But they are sealed... I am doomed to wait till Christmas...

At least, I can fall back on the potato candies I make. ...sigh...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

rickymouse
Nothing like raising the acidity of the blood to fight viruses this time of the year
I look for every excuse I can for eating cookies.
You shouldn't eat cookies that late at night though, the coffee will interfere with your sleep.

Oh I know, too much sugar screws up my immunity. I try to balance it by keeping a water jug in the fridge flavored with fresh lemon slices and mint. And I haven't touched the cookies at night...yet.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

FissionSurplus
Try being the baker of many types of Christmas goodies when you're addicted to sugar. It's like being a pharmacist when you're a raving drug addict.

So yeah....I've eaten an incredible amount of cookies and Christmas candy already. Everybody got their share, but I got mine too....and there's still a week to go. God help me, I'm gonna need an intervention before this season is over.

LOL, Cookie Monster.." Don't judge me man!"..
I gave up baking years ago. Too much to do made me dizzy and frustrated. Truth be told I hate being in the kitchen. I prefer to buy ready made stuff. These little shortbread cherry devils though are half eaten out of desire and half for nostalgia. They are the same my mom would bake every year, and try as I might could never accurately copy her recipe. Store bought is a close second.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

My hubby doesn't bake either..but if he finds my cookies I'm doomed to share half!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I broke with diet and went crazy on a giant box of creme filled chocolates my daughter brought home yesterday. Orange creme.....yuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmyyyyyy!!!!! I hate you Orange creme filled chocolate devils!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

NowanKenubi
Usually I hate chocolate, but this year, there are two boxes of 'em up there that I really really want to open. But they are sealed... I am doomed to wait till Christmas...

At least, I can fall back on the potato candies I make. ...sigh...

Oh good grief...don't get me started on the chocolates too...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

littled16

I broke with diet and went crazy on a giant box of creme filled chocolates my daughter brought home yesterday. Orange creme.....yuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmyyyyyy!!!!! I hate you Orange creme filled chocolate devils!!!!!!!

I don't fancy orange cream, but wave a hazelnut cream filled chocolate...and you better RUN!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Bacteria fluorish in an acidic body. Viruses can't replicate well in acidic bodies.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Funny you started this thread. I just opened a big box of Mrs. Fields cookies that someone sent to us. I can't eat any of them. I can't have sugar. So I'm sitting here with all these yummy cookies that I can't touch (that my husband and daughter will end up eating). Instead of making me feel happy upon receiving the gift ... I just get reminded of my illness and I feel depressed.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

AccessDenied
reply to post by chiefsmom

My hubby doesn't bake either..but if he finds my cookies I'm doomed to share half!!!

Well on my way home from work today I must have been reading your mind about cookies so I stopped at the store and grabbed some of my own. But you still better watch half of your cookies.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

FlyersFan
Funny you started this thread. I just opened a big box of Mrs. Fields cookies that someone sent to us. I can't eat any of them. I can't have sugar. So I'm sitting here with all these yummy cookies that I can't touch (that my husband and daughter will end up eating). Instead of making me feel happy upon receiving the gift ... I just get reminded of my illness and I feel depressed.

I wouldn't feel depressed at all, FlyersFan. Think of it this way...Your body has given you a defense mechanism to that which most of us are highly addicted to and is slowly killing us. See it as the blessing it is.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

BlackMustang

Well on my way home from work today I must have been reading your mind about cookies so I stopped at the store and grabbed some of my own. But you still better watch half of your cookies.

O'Rly? Touch my cookies and DIE! But you know...yours look so much tastier than mine...

Herein starts the cookie wars!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
AccessDenied, S&F for starting this thread.

Maybe your user name is what should happen to me every time I reach for a dreaded cookie.

I can just see it now....sirens blaring, red lights flashing and a large neon sign pulsing "Access Denied" . Then the carb police would carry me off to a detox detention centre where I could work though the throws of withdrawal while promising not to succumb to another temptation.

My problem is that I make cookies to give as Christmas gifts, alas, I am my own worst enemy. There are boxes of them....sitting there....talking to me....right now....must be strong......Aaarrrrrrggghhh!

Feel much better now, glad to know I am in such good company. Merry Christmas to all of you.

Namaste,
YogaGinns
edit on 22-12-2013 by YogaGinns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

NowenKenubi, do share with us what a potato candy is. I am open to all new experiences.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

FlyersFan, that would be terrible to have them and not be able to enjoy them.

Last week I needed to go for some tests at the hospital and couldn't have anything but clear liquids after 10:00 am. Well if one of my supplier's salesman didn't show up at 10:15 with boxes of chocolates for everyone. It wouldn't have been so bad as their sweet little voices were muffled by the wrapper, until someone opened up a box and put it by the coffee machine. One cookie can sing, but a box of chocolates is like a choir, hard to ignore.

Needless to say I made up for it the next day. Still have chocolate smudges on my keyboard.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

edit on 22-12-2013 by YogaGinns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I feel your pain, or is it pleasure? Christmas cookies are one of the only reasons that I look forward to the holidays.

join