It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Mytilis and Molluscs on Curiosity Sol 329, 443?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What we would have to looking for on the rocks of the seabed of an ancient dried Martian Lake?
Mytilis and mussels, Inlaid, encrusted, on the rocks surface.
These anomalies appear like that: fossilized mussels and molluscs, encrusted on the rock surface...
curiosityrover.com...

curiosityrover.com...

Enhanced in Yellow

Enhanced in Green

Close-up 1

Compare

Close-up 2

Compare

Close-up 3

Compare

Something like this...

edit on 19-12-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

" These anomalies appear like that: fossilized mussels and molluscs, encrusted on the rock surface... "

Inconclusive IMO.....Or just examples of Mineral Deposits formed from when Mars had Surface Water Alledegly Millions of Years Ago.............Hmm...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Looks like it. Looks like Mars could've been Earth 1.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Why is this in skunk works? I thought shark teeth would be numerous aswell? Let me see if i can find any.....tbc

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Would Mars have fallen in the "Habitable Zone"? I've always wondered that because if it could have once been a Earth-like planet, you have to wonder what the seasons would have been like there. Extreme cold/heat or similar to Earth based off distance from sun?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Very interesting image Arken S+F
Image two close up 3 appears almost like glass , perhaps crystal ?
The other bits and pieces are quite interesting .

edit on 19-12-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

gortex
reply to post by Arken

Very interesting image a Arken S+F
Image two close up 3 appears almost like glass , perhaps crystal ?
The other bit and pieces are quite interesting .

That is highly probable.

In my humble opinion, more probable, what appear like Crystal (or glass) is nothing more than "Nacre/Mother of Pearl" of fossilized shells.
en.wikipedia.org...

Nacre (/ˈneɪkər/ NAY-kər),[1] also known as mother of pearl, is an organic-inorganic composite material produced by some molluscs as an inner shell layer; it is also what makes up the outer coating of pearls. It is strong, resilient, and iridescent.

Nacre is found in some of the more ancient lineages of bivalves, gastropods, and cephalopods. However, the inner layer in the great majority of mollusc shells is porcellaneous, not nacreous, and this usually results in a non-iridescent shine, or more rarely in non-nacreous iridescence such as flame structure as is found in conch pearls.

The outer layer of pearls and the inside layer of pearl oyster and freshwater pearl mussel shells are made of nacre. Other mollusc families that have a nacreous inner shell layer include marine gastropods such as the Haliotidae, the Trochidae and the Turbinidae.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Well , if the Curiosity Rover were capable of perfoming a Spectrum Analysis of these Anomolies , then you would have your answer . Remember the Martian " Blueberries " ? It was later Confirmed they were Mineral Deposits and Not Fossils .

These on the Other hand cannot be easily explained away as Minerals or Rock formations in My Humble Opinion........

i297.photobucket.com...
edit on 19-12-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

edit on 19-12-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I read the title and before looking any further I thought "i bet this is arken". Enjoyable thread as usual....off topic...did you ever get past nasa's blocking? I lost the old thread.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by Arken

I read the title and before looking any further I thought "i bet this is arken". Enjoyable thread as usual....off topic...did you ever get past nasa's blocking? I lost the old thread.

thanks.

Yes. My expert friend helped me to fix this mysterious block. He try to explain in his cryptic words what was happened, but I only understand that something or someone have blocked me to connect to NASA server.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Ahhhh Arken!

Again, another thought provoking post.

However, your new Avatar is way too cute.

Are you having a change of heart Arken??

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

CaptainBeno
Ahhhh Arken!

Again, another thought provoking post.

However, your new Avatar is way too cute.

Are you having a change of heart Arken??

It represent "my" stubbornness, in the seek of anomalies on Mars... against the contrary winds..

edit on 20-12-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

All those inclusions are indeed interesting, to say the least. It's good to know that you keep scanning each & every image uploaded to the JPL servers!

But let's not forget that 'they' obviously already decided that they won't find anything prior to the upcoming 2020 rover mission, which will be more suitable for finding traces of past or present life on Mars.

Accordingly, we'll probably be left to our own speculations and vague hints including all the 'missing' close-ups of otherwise promising imagery (from afar) acquired by Curiosity up to now. I don't think they intend to spoil that show before launching their new rover ...
edit on 20-12-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Agreed. But other competitors on the horizon: China and India.
I bet on them...

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
My 1st thought was mother of pearl, is that a biological or mineral thing?

Appreciate ya work dude S&F

P.s Loving the new Mars Kitty Avatar

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Some good stand-alone objects/rocks. The wind or water wear on close up 1 shows the dynamic forces that this Mars crater once held. And if Curiosity keeps on moving along, the best is yet to come (unless the best was your spine find, which I've recommended to those video guys that the ATS owners are teaming up with).

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Some will see what they want. At this point it is like looking at ink blots each will see what they want. You will need to go to the exact spot and look first hand. Arm chair blurry photo interpretations are not very scientific.

The pictures are of harder minerals (rock) exposed by the erosion of the softer minerals (rock) caused by the Martian winds (not water).

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

jhn7537
Would Mars have fallen in the "Habitable Zone"? I've always wondered that because if it could have once been a Earth-like planet, you have to wonder what the seasons would have been like there. Extreme cold/heat or similar to Earth based off distance from sun?

Wonder no more =)
Here

This is one of my favorite fences to sit on. Thanks Arken, you are truly one-of-a-kind around here.
edit on 12 21 2013 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Even if they are what they are claimed to be, I can still actually get by with saying "It's a rock." I mean, it could be a fossil, but. . . .

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

ChesterJohn
reply to post by Arken

Some will see what they want. At this point it is like looking at ink blots each will see what they want. You will need to go to the exact spot and look first hand. Arm chair blurry photo interpretations are not very scientific.

The pictures are of harder minerals (rock) exposed by the erosion of the softer minerals (rock) caused by the Martian winds (not water).

Your (personal) opinion is in contrast with NASA JPL Team and the presence (past) of water in that LAKE... and is NOT very scentific at all.

<<   2 >>

join