It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 AM And Its Liquid Breakfast Time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
so i get called in for a 9am meeting on my day off. turns out its a disciplinary action for missing the last 2hrs of a training session months ago.
i point out that i not only received permission from my boss a wk earlier, i was also told the day of training by her boss that we wld figure something out to get me info i missed.

this doesnt seem to matter and im asked to sign the disciplinary action anyway.

i calmly state that i fully intend to sign but have some statements to make first. i assure both present that while i qm livid, my anger is not directed at them and i still respect them both as supervisors and appreciate their management styles.

i ask in my 6-7 yrs how many med errors ive had? ZERO. i take med sheets into office monthly with 20-30 errors split between 5-10 staff, never me....

i ask how often i have to correct documentation errors, they cant even remember last time, even tho most staff is there monthly making corrections.

i bring up the current staff appreciation bonus that everyone is receiving. i point out that the person whos been there 3 yrs calls in sick constantly and cldnt care less abt their job is being rewarded along with me. i explain that in my opinion i have not earned that "reward" and dont want it.

i explain i believe there is a cancer spreading thru this company of indifference to individuals, and while the company makes these "blanket recognition" events to make it seem like they care, they dont actually recognize anyone as an individual unless its to point out some wrong doing. i requested all future rewards be withheld unless the company can recognize that i have earned it.

i sign the paper and add a comment that my signature is a representation of my pride over being the dedicated mother i strive daily to be and my pride in putting my family first on my scheduled day off (i missed final 2 hrs to attend 1st high school performance)
i then comment that this signature is also a representation that i have lost faith in this company to respect me as an individual and dedicated worker.

i then spoke directly to my boss, making sure she wasnt upset that i told her boss of her comment to me about "of course you can leave early, thats fine, i cant see how anyone wld fault u for putting family first" i wanted to apologize if it seemed to her id tried to throw her under the bus, it wasnt my intention.
this woman looked right in my eyes... and liiiiieeeeeedddddd to my face.....
"i told you right away there would be consequences if you left early, i never gave you permission"
WOW
just WOW
i thanked them both and left. i am now enjoying bud light and spiced rum shots....
cheers to over 6 yrs of total dedication and a big f*** you to little old me.....

gal

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yes, but what have you learned?

When it comes to bosses who are inconsistent, and you are unsure of the outcome...get it in writing!

Any verbal conversations I have with my Boss I always say at the end, nice and politely.

"Oh and can I get that in an email in case I Forget"
Really seems to cut back on convenient memory relapse on their part when you have proof.
edit on 19-12-2013 by abeverage because: of putting it in bold so the point is made

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiousgal

Do you still have a job after all that. I didn't see that you were fired..?

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

What does the displinary action do to you?
My hubby's had to sign one before and it was just like a warning. It's companies policies or whatever. When ya work for the man...ya get screwed by the man... I know that this particular company, if you sign a displinary action form three times...then your whole work history gets looked at and you could then lose your job.

If this is your first one in 6to7 years of working there... I know this is hard right now cause I can tell you are really angry right now, but for real, don't worry about it. Worrying only festers... And drinking... That makes things worse when your down and sad and angry already. I know this. I was an alcoholic.. I still struggle with alcohol...but I've reached a point where I know I can control it.
(Sorry if I went off topic at all...)

I'm just tellin you what I think after reading your thread .. It seems like a rant... And I don't know what you're feeling right now, cause I've never been there to be honest. But I can tell you're very angry through your words you post. And I do understand how it feels to be lied to straight to your face when you know the actual truth. It sucks, and it's like a blow to your stomach.

I'm sorry you're hurting and have anger...for real. Even though I don't know you what so ever...you are a member on ATS.. And I have seen your posts before.. It's just my heart goes out to you. I like to say in bad situations...things could always and forever be much worse...

Peace and love to you ~~>> I hope everything works out for you.
~~nat the blue eyed cat~~
edit on 19-12-2013 by natalia because: ..

edit on 19-12-2013 by natalia because: spelling and grammar

edit on 19-12-2013 by natalia because: ...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Sounds like you might want to start looking for a better place of employment...no one deserves to be treated like that.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You need to contact the corporate HR representative of your location and file a harrassment claim.

If you were written up for something from months ago, then everything in there is in dispute. There is a requirement of timeliness for a corrective action, at least according to "Especially For Texas Employers", the Texas Workforce guide to HR type stuff (not a legal manual, bur rather a guidebook to keeping out of hot water.

If you take any kind of Civil Treatment training, you will also learn that not following up promptly with corrective actions (72 hours max, preferrably within 24 hours) can make you, as a manager, legally and civilly liably for harrasment claims.

In short, you are right. What they did was wrong. Get in their ass.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

abeverage
Yes, but what have you learned?

When it comes to bosses who are inconsistent, and you are unsure of the outcome...get it in writing!

Any verbal conversations I have with my Boss I always say at the end, nice and politely.

"Oh and can I get that in an email in case I Forget"
Really seems to cut back on convenient memory relapse on their part when you have proof.
edit on 19-12-2013 by abeverage because: of putting it in bold so the point is made

you are so right and i usually handle all contact thru txt for that reason but she doesnt txt.. i should have askd for the email instead, and you can be sure i will from now on! lol

gal

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
you should have added SIGNED UNDER DURESS to give you some legal fall back on

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

SloAnPainful

Do you still have a job after all that. I didn't see that you were fired..?

-SAP-

he** no i wasnt fired lol. and i wont quit. i care for adults with intellectual disabilities and wont leave them. in fact b4 i left my boss' boss told me he feels my statements regarding my performance are spot on and i am one of his best staff.... yet i still had to sign lmao..

gal

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It has been my personal experience, after an entire life time of working for large companies, that they like to keep at least one disciplinary action in each employee's file.
It gives them the 'proof' they need in case they should decide to demote or terminate an employee.
Nothing out of the ordinary here; just big business as usual.
Sorry you got slapped in the face so hard. Maybe the continually absent employee figures it doesn't matter whether you're an exceptional employee or not; the rewards are still the same.
You made the right choice; 'lite' beer has the least calories!

(In the end, you still have to live with YOURSELF, so THANK YOU for being a conscientious employee!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

natalia

What does the displinary action do to you?
My hubby's had to sign one before and it was just like a warning. It's companies policies or whatever. When ya work for the man...ya get screwed by the man... I know that this particular company, if you sign a displinary action form three times...then your whole work history gets looked at and you could then lose your job.

If this is your first one in 6to7 years of working there... I know this is hard right now cause I can tell you are really angry right now, but for real, don't worry about it. Worrying only festers... And drinking... That makes things worse when your down and sad and angry already. I know this. I was an alcoholic.. I still struggle with alcohol...but I've reached a point where I know I can control it.
(Sorry if I went off topic at all...)

I'm just tellin you what I think after reading your thread .. It seems like a rant... And I don't know what you're feeling right now, cause I've never been there to be honest. But I can tell you're very angry through your words you post. And I do understand how it feels to be lied to straight to your face when you know the actual truth. It sucks, and it's like a blow to your stomach.

I'm sorry you're hurting and have anger...for real. Even though I don't know you what so ever...you are a member on ATS.. And I have seen your posts before.. It's just my heart goes out to you. I like to say in bad situations...things could always and forever be much worse...

Peace and love to you ~~>> I hope everything works out for you.
~~nat the blue eyed cat~~
edit on 19-12-2013 by natalia because: ..

edit on 19-12-2013 by natalia because: spelling and grammar

edit on 19-12-2013 by natalia because: ...

this cap (corrective action plan) does nothing to me. my boss' boss even pointed out that it is literally nothing it isnt even a truly formal reprimand and has no impact on my record.. i told him he can ask my boss how anal i am abt following every rule to the t and always giving 100% and doing my job as close to perfect as possible, i take such pride in doing everything right that even if this paper means nothing to anyone else it means to me that i failed at somethingeven tho i did everything i could think of to do it right, i notified right away abt conflict, got permission to leave, and offered to travel to nearby town to complete whatever training i missed when they had their session. so it meant they beleived id not fulfilled my duties which is unacceptable to me, and it showed that the first individual attention they could spare after yrs of perfection was a criticism.

yeah the brunt of my anger tho was in those last few minutes with that boldfaced lie looking right into my eyes. i have no place in my life for that.

if u havent figured it out yet im a huge control freak and expect perfection from myself. i came from alcoholics and drug addicts but that only adds fuel to my insistance to control myself. i often work 12-20 hr shifts ending around 9 or 10 am so my days and nights arent defined like others. i occasionally seek solace in a bottle, but constantly practice abstinance to not only cleanse my body but also prove im still in control lol.
i appreciate your concern and having been affected by others addictions i understand exactly where ur coming from and thank you for sharing ur experience, more people need to share like u did, its too hidden

gal

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

parad0x122

Sounds like you might want to start looking for a better place of employment...no one deserves to be treated like that.

i care for handicapped adults in their home, i rarely have contact w the company, going straight to guys residence each shift only dropping stack of docs off at office 1x per wk
in my opinion i work for those guys, the company is just a nuisance i occasionally hear from. i wont leave my guys.

gal

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

You need to contact the corporate HR representative of your location and file a harrassment claim.

If you were written up for something from months ago, then everything in there is in dispute. There is a requirement of timeliness for a corrective action, at least according to "Especially For Texas Employers", the Texas Workforce guide to HR type stuff (not a legal manual, bur rather a guidebook to keeping out of hot water.

If you take any kind of Civil Treatment training, you will also learn that not following up promptly with corrective actions (72 hours max, preferrably within 24 hours) can make you, as a manager, legally and civilly liably for harrasment claims.

In short, you are right. What they did was wrong. Get in their ass.

ive actually had previous contact a few times w the executive director for the entire multistate region and hes always recognized me and seemed impressed w my performance. i do have contact info for him and considered using it but after thinking it thru decided if i was askd to sign a cap it really was no big deal and i just wanted to have my say before i signed it. i want to continue taking care of my guys and while i could burn both bosses itd create a stressfull environment for me w everyone else so i chose to have my say then focus on whats important, my guys

gal

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

geobro
you should have added SIGNED UNDER DURESS to give you some legal fall back on

similar response to bigfurrrytexan i think it was? its really not an important discipline, means nothing except to my pride. i had my say, not worried abt legal protection cuz im good at what i do and wont be in this situation again anytime soon lol

gal

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I admire your willingness to help you clients even though your place of employment ma not be the best place in the world. You obviously care for the people more than the company, and I admire that.

*thumbs up*

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Now you know.

Step #1 Setup a LLC

If you're serious that'll prove it. If you don't know what to do after ... send me a PM.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

nugget1
It has been my personal experience, after an entire life time of working for large companies, that they like to keep at least one disciplinary action in each employee's file.
It gives them the 'proof' they need in case they should decide to demote or terminate an employee.
Nothing out of the ordinary here; just big business as usual.
Sorry you got slapped in the face so hard. Maybe the continually absent employee figures it doesn't matter whether you're an exceptional employee or not; the rewards are still the same.
You made the right choice; 'lite' beer has the least calories!

(In the end, you still have to live with YOURSELF, so THANK YOU for being a conscientious employee!

lol over lite beer
and thank u for ur kind words. i hold myself more accountable than anyone else ever could and ur comment of appreciation for being a conscientious employee means a lot to me so thank u from the bottom of my heart

gal

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Snarl
Now you know.

Step #1 Setup a LLC

If you're serious that'll prove it. If you don't know what to do after ... send me a PM.

not sure what an llc is?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
one thing i didnt mention b4 is i am very intimidated by authority figures and tend to dissolve into tears any time i feel anger towards one, so for me today was a HUGE win to stand up for myself, state my opinion, and not even have a hint of a breakdown

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Could your contact with the executive director have caused some waves, or stepped on a few toes?
Was that contact within the last few months? I'm wondering if maybe your bosses feel you hold too much weight, and therefore need to be discredited a bit in the directors eyes...
Guess it doesn't really matter in the end; sooner or later , you get out of life 10 fold what you put in.
Pity your bosses; stay true to yourself. The world desperately needs more people like you!
Nugget

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join