It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA: White House task force recommends surveillance curbs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Thought I would post this for you guys. Nothing amazingly new about it but my initial thoughts that maybe, just maybe, this could be the start of reigning in the NSA.

However it is just an advisor committee. Whether or not Obama will follow or not is another question. I think he may do. But you never really know with this situation.

Source

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The joke is that any curbing or even cancelling of the program means nothing.

They’ll look you in the eye and say “we wont do this anymore” and proceed to continue as if nothing has changed.

Committee findings, court rulings, presidential decrees, etc… mean absolutely nothing.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Great point!

Once a liar always a liar right!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think it's another White House red herring.

They just want to put some people at ease and make it look like somebody is doing something.

There's billions of dollars at stake.

The surveillance will actually increase.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Golly... A committee came up with recommendations. I see.

I feel all better now and the problem is solved. Why can't every situation of years of institutional abuse be wrapped up so neatly??

...../sarcasm

What was the point of this exercise aside from paying some people to think up a new way of pacifying the public? This doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of what is required here. Not even a warm up or a joke, IMO.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yeah... uh-huh. And that new multi- billion dollar data center in Utah will be left to return to the elements... this advisory committee will stop it... or at least curb it... right?

But there's an easy way out of this... just don't write or speak anything on electronic media that might be construed as anti-gov or imply breaking ANY of the hundreds of thousands of laws or have ANY embarrassing content... simple.

And hope your past communications going back to the early eighties are clean, too.
edit on 12/19/2013 by Baddogma because: added

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

I was wondering when the "LIST" would be released.

I believe the MOST important one is ... "Halting spy agencies' efforts to undermine commercial encryption methods".

ALL the "Tools" that are USED and ABUSED ... NOW! EXIST ... ( and/or not going away ).

The "Temptation" to use these "Tools" is probably TOO BIG of a "Temptation" to simply ... Poo-Poo-Away ( and/or DUMP ).

"WHOLE WORLD is SPY!'n HARD"

IF they are REALLY SERIOUS about "Privacy Rights" ( and not interested in "content" ) then at least DO this ... ONE.

-
On a "Side-Note" ...

I would "Guess" that there are Key-Loggers ( or other recording devices ) already built-in to EXISTING Operating-Systems ( and various programs associated code ) that would need to be Addressed and Considered ... ( and I COULD More-Easily "TRUST" Open-Source in this area ).

edit on 19-12-2013 by FarleyWayne because: ... added "Side-Note"

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere
The joke is that any curbing or even cancelling of the program means nothing.

They’ll look you in the eye and say “we wont do this anymore” and proceed to continue as if nothing has changed.

Committee findings, court rulings, presidential decrees, etc… mean absolutely nothing.

Indeed. You'd think people would have learned by now that you couldn't believe these people if they told you snow is cold.

top topics

join