It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So tired of this every night!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Heartburn. I hate it so much. I know its my fault from all the hot sauce and Tonys I put on my food, but I can't help it.

Every night you come and make life miserable. I've tried every antiacid man has made. Nothing. I drink two glasses of milk and your still there. I look up homemade remedies and still nothing!

I don't get it all through the day, but as soon as I put my head on the pillow you attack.

Roar! Go away!
edit on 19-12-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

This subject was on another thread here recently, try baking soda.
If that does not work, the problem is most probably not heartburn but ...something else.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Aargh! How I loathed you, heartburn!
I feel your pain. I have 4 kids, and with every single pregnancy there it was, rearing it's ugly head at the very thought of lying flat. I remember drinking antacids from the bottle like juice, driving into work.

The only thing that ever worked was green tea made with loads of fresh mint, which was a complete pain in the arse to make, but it worked. Give it a go, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

You couldn't be...pregnant, could you?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I get it a lot too, I feel your pain. Try not to have a bunch of food in the belly when you lay down at night. I've had to sleep sitting up in bet with heartburn a few times.

Something you can try that I use on occasion.

Take a shot glass.
Fill with water.
Sprinkle in a little (like a thimble or half thimble) of Baking Soda.
Mix it up nice and good and shoot it down in one shot.

It will taste kinda nasty. Like salt water mostly. In a couple minutes you will start to burp which is good. You'll burp all that gas out of ya instead of letting it bubble up in your chest.

Don't use this all the time though. I've been told it alters the ph or something. All I know is that it works.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Rennies... Rennies... and more Rennies....

I normally take 2 when i have been eating too much rich or spicy food (i use Mad Dog and Magnum 357 sauce)... just before bedtime... works treats with me.

Take care

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 19-12-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I use baking soda in water.
If you can't stand the taste, try Brioschi

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

beansidhe

You couldn't be...pregnant, could you?

I would hope not. Wouldn't want the publicity of being the first male to get pregnant

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll definitely be trying some out.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

2 x teaspoons baking powder/soda in a glass of cold water and drink it.
if that doesnt help get your blood pressure checked bro

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Ha ha ha, Isittrue, sorry about that! My assumption!

Hope it clears up soon, nobody deserves heartburn! (Well, maybe a few...)

B x

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I find I get it worst after smoking too many c... igarettes.

Wasn't aware of the baking soda! Will try that next time

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Sounds like acid reflux. You'll need to change your diet and take Prevacid or Omeprazole in the mean time. Ask for your Doc's advice first !

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I have not yet read all the replies to the op so here's my 2 cents worth. Drink an ounce or two of apple cider vinegar with about 8-12 ounces water. I do this a few times a week and have done so for years. You may cease having heartburn permanently as did I. I believe the vinegar helps balance the ph in your body. Same reason you get a pickle slice as a side often with lunches. A gallon of vinegar is cheap when you are consuming it by the ounce(s). Hope it helps. Regards, J

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
#1 ) Perhaps try chewing gum, licorice, aloe vera juice, slippery elm, or google for additional suggestions and research.

#2 ) The issue almost certainly stems from your poor diet.

#3 ) If conditions do not improve, please see a doctor something strange could be going on like you may have a hernia problem or something that may require surgery.

#4 ) Don't do anything without investigating.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
My wife had really bad heartburn, for years.

So I asked her "Why don't you try eating 1 red apple a day, for a couple of weeks.."

After a month of eating 1 red apple a day, we went out for her favorite meal, which was guaranteed to give her heartburn. Mexican food from a local shop. (1 month was my suggestion since she had such chronic symptoms, and needed more time for things to work).

For the first time in years, she had no heartburn, and has been able to eat anything she wants without acid reflux.

Before she tried my apple suggestion, she was eating bottles of tums and such.. It was a weekly buy to get 1 large bottle of them. They were in the car, my jacket, by the bed, in her desk, in the kitchen..

She still eats red apples a couple times a week, simply because she has come to enjoy them.

Keep in mind, this may not work, or it might, but it is a simple solution, and has seen many others able to /cough/ find sought relief.

"An apple a day, keeps the doctor away"..

(Technically, there are certain enzymes, in the skin especially, that are good for the GI track of the body.)

(Disclaimer: this is not medical advice, nor should this be considered a cure, or any other such recommendation, nor do I claim it will do anything but be a tasty treat for the mouth). bah, what do i care what the FDA says.. It works rather well. Nature knows best.

Granted, mother nature is also a serial killer. >.> but hey, whats life without taking a few chances, eh?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Red apples cure hangovers too. Sickness gone in no time, for those inclined to over indulge at xmas

Op, eat 3 large green jalapinos, and wash them down with a mix of 4 parts red wine and 6 parts brown vinegar. It will do nothing but should be a laugh

Serious about the red apples tho oO

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I know someone told you milk was a good idea, but in reality, it makes it worse, so you are actually not helping with the milk.

You can safely cut that out, before you see someone.

Think about it. What would you imagine happens when you pour milk into acid? It sours, and it curdles. Milk is hard enough on normal digestion, but add it to an acid, upset, hot pepper/hot sauce stomach, and it is like stirring the pot. Fat in milk also stimulates MORE stomach acid.

A lot of people think milk settles the stomach, when in fact, it is hard, especially if you already have the beginnings of ulcers. It will cause all that bad acid to further aggrivate your symptoms, increasing not only the heartburn, but discomfort as it increases the burn on those tender spots.

Take an antacid before you eat. Treat yourself proactively, not retroactively. Lay off on the spicy foods for a while, and give yourself a chance to heal.

Eat at least 4 hours before you go to bed.

Yes, smoking makes it worse, but, if you treat yourself proactively, knock off spicy foods, eat at least 4 hours before bed, you can likely continue smoking.

Just be aware. Heartburn, acid that bubbles up into the esophagous, can he very dangerous. It can cause esophogeal ulcers, and they can eventually perforate through the esophagous. The esophagous does not have the same mucus lining the stomach does, for protection. This is why it hurts.

You can also make yourself get what is known as esophogeal varices, which is akin to hemorrhoids in your esophagous. These can be fatal if they rupture, causing you to bleed to death.

Take the advice above, and if you have continued symptoms, get to a gastro pretty quick. If you follow the advice above, you should have relief within days.

Esophogeal ulcers and varices can be silent killers, especially if you drink, or take Advil frequently, or other NSAIDS.

www.ulcer-cure.com...

www.medicinenet.com...

If you ignore the problem and continue in your ways, you will have to quit smoking, as well.

1. Eat small, frequent meals
2. Cut out sodas, caffiene, chocolate, especially before bedtime, if you must. If you crave sodas, try gingerale. Ginger soothes acid stomachs, but again, well before bedtime. Get real gingerale, not fake stuff.
3. Oatmeal helps. You can eat oatmeal any time, even after dinner. Don't add sugar and milk!
4. Less fatty meats, fried foods, more fish, chicken, turkey, and green vegetables.
5. Melon soothes an acid stomach, as does parsely, best fresh, and fennel.
6. Cut out alcohol.
7. Lose some weight if you need to. Even a little helps.
8. Don't wear tight clothes. Lose that weight, or buy some bigger clothes.
9. Raise the head of the bed with some books under the legs, or foam triangles under the mattress. It doesn't have to be high.
10. If you take an antacid, make sure it has calcium, or take a calcium added supplement. Calcium helps eliminate acid. Tumms with calcium are excellent. Take as directed.

Antacids are a personal preference, but H2 blockers, like Zantac, Tagamet, Pepcid OTC, actually change your system by inhibiting proton pumps that make acid. While this sounds good, they have many side effects, some rare. You can experience hair loss (alopecia) from Nexium, migraine headaches from Zantac, and Tagamet actually affects your histamine production. Histamine is how you respond to allergens. This can lead to immune system problems, and possibly food allergies, so take those drugs under the advice of a physician. They may be over the counter, but don't take that for granted. They can still have bad, unwanted side effects. Not to mention the way they alter your body function.

Always best to go natural, if you can. Meds should be the last straw.

Good luck, and any time your body says something is really wrong, don't ignore it.

Anxiety, denial, and cloudy judgment are some of the most common and least well-known signs of heart attack.

ehealthmd.com...

Men often present with heart attacks as indigestion and heartburn. Men and women both also present with denial. Women often present with back pain.

www.bettermedicine.com...

In the real world however, heart attacks are not always that dramatic. Instead, your heart attack can produce vague stomach pain, indigestion, or heartburn-like symptoms.

Above all, you recognize you have an ongoing problem, now it is time to do something, before it gets worse.

Take care of yourself, and stay around a lot longer.

edit on 19-12-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Isittruee
Heartburn. I hate it so much. I know its my fault from all the hot sauce and Tonys I put on my food, but I can't help it.

Every night you come and make life miserable. I've tried every antiacid man has made. Nothing. I drink two glasses of milk and your still there. I look up homemade remedies and still nothing!

I don't get it all through the day, but as soon as I put my head on the pillow you attack.

Roar! Go away!
edit on 19-12-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

You should go without food for at least a week, to clean out your system. Then only eat salad and water or juice for another week.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Don't be afraid to go see a doctor. I have known people who had ulcers and thought it was just heartburn. Worth getting checked out IMHO.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
You need to watch the milk intake. It creeps up on you.

I was once 75 lbs heavier due to chronic heartburn and believing that milk was a remedy.
That is until I realized that 2 gallons of milk, 3 shots of Maalox, 3-4 Tums and 2 Zantac 150s a day to relieve heartburn no longer worked. If I simply stopped the milk, the other things wouldn't have been as necessary.
Truth is you produce more acid to try to break down the milk.

A slightly perforated esophagus, chronic throat inflammation, unspeakable toilet horror, $2500 in dental repair and 9 months of a waiting list to see an ENT lead to a couple years of HELL. The ENT visit took 5 minutes LOL!!!

All I needed to do to fix all this? Nip it in the bud early and stop the cycle.

Here's how to straighten it out fast before it literally can kill you.
-Do not eat at least 3 to 4 hours before bed.
-Raise the head of your bed even an inch but up to 4 inches.
-Eliminate milk & excessive dairy from your diet forever, except for your MORNING & Afternoon coffee.
-Steer CLEAR of decaf... It's worse for reflux than regular coffee. Just limit your coffee intake to Morning and mid afternoon. Never after supper hour.
-WATER is the only thing you should drink for thirst. EVER.
-Eliminate or reduce alcohol intake. It's pure poison no matter what the big tits on the TV tell you.

If you absolutely must.... Aciphex medication (rabeprazole sodium), a "proton pump inhibitor" for a few weeks or however long it takes to kickstart your healing. But get off it soon as you can.... Reduce your medication slowly along with the above. It will kill you if you don't. Hard to believe a stomach medication can cause suicidal thoughts!

An apple after supper is good. Most of all, get off dairy. It will kill you.

Once you nip that cycle, watch your hot sauce intake as well... Reduce down to one hot & spicy meal every week or two or three, you'll be fine. Eat those sort of things when you have at least 6 hours to go before bed and less of it. Maybe go a couple levels down in heat/intensity.

I've been medication free for a couple years, dropped 75 lbs (that I gained QUICKLY by relieving reflux!!!)

Mine was so bad that it burned away the enamel of my teeth and burned my esophagus to pre-barrets (barrets can quickly lead to fatal cancer if left untreated).

The whole process started one night when I had super hot wings late into the evening while having some beer with friends. I loved it so much I did it again the following night. So began the viscous cycle that lead to 2 years of living hell.

And give up alcohol. I cannot stress that enough. It causes inflammation, chronic stupidity and only feeds all the oppressive entities you hate.

#firstworldproblems #Ihatehashtags

edit on 19-12-2013 by Atlantican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I am in that same boat my friend. What truly helped is watching what I ate and when I ate it. I am guessing you eat close to the same time you go to bed or within 2 hours of bed. I have had to completely change my diet and times I eat as well as make my bed with a slight incline. I don't know if that helps, but it helped me tremendously.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join