It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My daughter seems to have amazing recall abilty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I am a father of two little girls born in Jan & Dec of 2010. My oldest has the ability to recall events that happened to her starting at about 1 years old. For example she asks for my grandmother and recognizes photos of her she spent a lot of time from age 0 to 1 and pasted away in July 2011. Another example is she recalls that she, her sister and mother all went to get balloons for my birthday in April 2011 and that the butterfly balloon floated away a fact my wife confirms. Her command of English shocks me for a three year old me and her have some pretty intense conversations. I know every parent thinks their child is special but with my friends who also are parents none of them have had their child recall events like she does. Is it normal for children of that age to be able to recall memories from that early?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It's normal... however, that doesn't mean it's typical.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jholt5638

My son is very similar. He astounded us from the beginning. At age 3 1/2 he was full on reading and comprehending what he read. Now at age 5 1/2 he has skipped ahead from kindergarten and is flying past his 1st grade classmates. He is extremely empathetic and sensitive to others' feelings even if they are not overt. I worry for him a bit because he is so in tuned. It is as if he can tell people's reactions beforehand. It is a cruel world for such kind, gentle and INTELLIGENT souls. sigh...

Love is the key. I keep telling Odin that if his choices and decisions come from the heart and feel full of love, they are the correct choices. If they come from anger, fear or dis-ingenuousness (yes, he understands what that means) then that is the wrong way to use the gift of himself. I also remind him that each person is different with different talents and skills. The fact that everyone grows and changes in their own time is a common conversation in our house.

Congratulations! You are blessed and lucky!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Everyone's children are amazing, just ask them!

Okay now that I got that out of the way, provide the kid tons of reading materials, not stuff on a screen, actual books. It will do the kid wonders. If that does not work Velcro and Duct tape work well also.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Your daughters remind me of Gregory Smith the famous child prodigy.

- He was memorizing and reciting books at 14 months.

- He passed his mother and father intellectually at age 5.

- He went from 2nd grade to 9th grade in 1 year.

- He started college at age 10 and finished at 13.

- His I.Q. cannot be measured because it is off the charts.

- He has been nominated for 4 Nobel peace prizes.

This is him reciting presidents as a baby:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

ooooorrrrrrrrrr...

just buy them a ps4... which is what they really want... instead of that reading material... I dont know... lol

but yea... we wouldnt want a happy child instead of a "waken up child son of daughter of conspiracy theorist" would we? because we all know that the tptb format the young kids through the xboxs and pcs and ps4s and all the games and all the medias and all the cartoons and everything..

and have them all run away to that neighbors house that has a ps4 or an xbox one... lol

oh well...

reading material...

21st century...

okay... if... he or shes sleepy enough... and... well... theres always a better channel on tv... lol

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I know it is old and sentimental, but if this doesn't give you a rush of blush, then you are a grinch.
www.youtube.com...

Mods: I am a newbee and don't know all the rules, please forgive

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

That kid will have a tough time through the school age years. Thankfully in adulthood we choose our peers.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

"off the charts" in america means "omg he knows that Benghazi is in Africa? OMG! HES A FKIN GENIUS!"

and "he passed his parents by the age of 5" thats when he found out AT THE AGE OF 5 - by using a freaking world atlas - that Benghazi was in Africa... again... considering thats america... not really surprised...

real geniuses in europe are so far out there that usually kill themselves... they are that good... they cant handle how good they are. In america... they just... fade away... or they just drug or drink themselves to death... or they... get their parents really excited... for a while at least

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I hope you were lurking for awhile before you joined; at least long enough to know that unhappy people have nothing nice to share. Don't take it personal; it happens on every thread.

I agree that your daughters recall is not the norm; it should give her an edge in school !
READ to her, every night! And her baby sister! It honestly does make a world of difference, almost like it increases their brains capacity to store and use information.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Ahhh...so sad, where is your heart? Can we not hope for the future?
No children for you, I can assume. If you had them and could glimpse into the eyes of the ones that are advancing before you, you might not be so smug. You will die, they are our future. Is it such an affront that they are advancing beyond you? That is a natural progress.

That we love them beyond imagination is an afterthought and a great big giant bonus! Lucky for the love and laughter!

Sorry poor childless guy!

new topics

top topics

join