It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inviting spirits?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
My childhood home has always had spirits both good and bad but never dangerous. I recently moved into a apartment with my wife and kids. Overall I like the place but the most unnerving thing about the move has been the total lack of paranormal activity. After having lived with paranormal things all my life and I find myself missing it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to invite them into my home?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jholt5638

dont.

you never know what might take you up on your offer and its not always what you expected.

gal

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I used to do this all the time. The magic words went somethin like this:

Party at my house ! Bring your own booze and some for me too.

edit on 18-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Spirits are usually connected to places they have some kind attachment to. If the location itself is not a point of interest to a spirit, its probably not going to become one unless you are that spirit that chooses to stick around after, for instance, a violent death.

Without the location being of interest, and it being highly unlikely IMO that you could make it, the location itself, interesting to spirits, to have spirits come to you youd have to make yourself or another living with you an attracting force.

You could try talking to them with some kind of medium, like a ouija board. But again theyll be attracted to you, not your living space, and might follow you around.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

first i have to say i love ur name, my hubs contact name in my fone happens to be dips**ticus maximus lol!!!!!

back on topic i do agree with what u say, but id warn against ouiji option. if op really wants some contact i would suggest getting some white sage and some sweet grass. while burning the white sage ask that anything negative leave and not be allowed to re enter. while burning sweet grass ask for positive influences to enter your home and life. done regularly some beleive this can help protect from negative influences while opening communication with guardian angels/elders/etc whatever ur belief system includes. not claiming it as a proven fact or anything like that, just a more gentle safe way imo to approach this and see what happens

gal

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I wouldn't invite them in. Some bad entities can easily masquerade as a good spirit at first. And...if they are good spirits, I would rather see them move on to where they belong and not be hanging around for my personal entertainment.

Maybe you could take up paranormal investigating with a group instead.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

randyvs
I used to do this all the time. The magic words went somethin like this:

Party at my house ! Bring your own booze and some for me too.

Ha ha!

Jack Daniels and Jim Beam come through the door!

Seriously though, I wouldn't do it.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

jholt5638
My childhood home has always had spirits both good and bad but never dangerous. I recently moved into a apartment with my wife and kids. Overall I like the place but the most unnerving thing about the move has been the total lack of paranormal activity. After having lived with paranormal things all my life and I find myself missing it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to invite them into my home?

They'll be along, don't worry. If they know you, and if you've had an easy relationship with these folks for years, then they'll stop by. My friends aren't restricted to a location, and they make their presence known (if and when they feel like it) in other people's homes (when I'm visiting) or in public places - most recently at the Victory of Light metaphysics expo, last month.

Just be patient and allow them some space, while making sure that they know that you miss them. They're people, just like you. They'll be along before too long if they know that they're missed.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Big mistake.
If you miss ghosts...do what I do; go out and look for them and study them...but, for the sake of your children, never bring them back to your home.

edit on 19-12-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I am sure there are things you could do, objects you could bring into your house that a spirit might be attached to, but do you want to? Especially with children? I really do believe that belief creates reality to an extent so in time I am sure in time something will come along. Bringing home objects from estate sales and antique shops sometimes seemed to bring some more energy into my household, but you very well might end up with something that you don't want. I would really agree with other posters, if you need something paranormal look if there are ghost hunting groups in your area that you can join, that way you can still experience the paranormal but have your home for yourself.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
i used to ghost hunting at graveyards around midnight - 3am, i brought a few home with me as we were forgetting to tell them to stay where they were. nothing was nasty to me but who ever they were didn't like my dog and he sure as hell didn't like them, had to ask who ever it was to leave and they did. i really miss the activity though, nowadays i get someone here now and again.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

jholt5638
Does anyone have any ideas on how to invite them into my home?

Don't invite them. Don't pay attention to them if they show up.
Count your lucky stars that you found a 'quiet' place to live.
I wish I could .... even just once ..... ugh.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Pros;
-you'll never truly feel alone
-you get to see a side of existence few people do
-it helps you prepare for the inevitable

Cons;
-you live in the past, even though problems of old are still found everywhere
-you pay attention to another world which doesn't generate as much revenue as paying attention to the world of the living
-there is nothing tangible in the end only your own memories of encounters, unless you happen to be an artist or writer

I would choose to even if I know deep down I shouldn't because it affects my relation to the world of the living too much. Words spent on ghosts do not hold the same value as words spent on the living. Yet, ghosts are so much more deep and can be much easier to communicate to. They are different than the living who only see the material and seldom bother about what is beyond that or what there is out there. Also there's the possibility of meeting ghosts from other more advanced planets, not just this the one we all know who might have expressions or knowledge not found on this planet.

As for children, ghosts are a part of 'the world', I'd rather have them exposed to the ideas and have them think about it and formulate an opinion than not. Where I would have the answers ofcourse to guide and assist them, if I wouldn't have some theory to reassure I wouldn't want my children to become exposed.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

If the sudden quiet and lack of paranormal activity bothers you , why not meditate and ask your spirit guides to help you?

Meditate on it , and see what ideas they can come up with for you. They know you best, and are probably already waiting for you to ask for help/advice.

edit on 28/12/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

So true!

Some of his spirit friends could be past on family members/friends popping in from time to time to see how he is doing.

I know my late grandfather checks in with me from time to time.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, give them time. Or like I suggested to him before, he could ask his spirit guides for help on the issue. (Kind of like asking them to forward his new address)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Don't unless you are nuts. I mean why ?
Crazy ..

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Would it change your mind if you managed to invite a negative entity like the wingless seraph (see picture below) into your house who could easily possess one of your children ?

Then that child's mind is crushed and the fallen B'nai ha Elohim (fallen man of God) brutally does something horrific to your other child (if your avatar is true) ?

All good spirits are with Jesus in paradise when their body perishes.

That leaves only evil spirits behind roaming this planet for mortal fools that enjoy playing with fire.

(post by TheCleezeReport removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join