It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Moon Display Contains Image of Europe Being Nuked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

China deserves all the congratulations in the world for landing its first spacecraft on the Moon. It’s a big deal – both for China and humanity at large. But can somebody please explain why the background image at this exhibit for China’s recently deployed Yutu Rover depicts a massive mushroom cloud over Europe?

Here’s a closer view of the photo, which was captured last month at the China International Industry Fair 2013 in Shanghai, and has been quietly circulating in various news outlets ever since. The display shows a model of the China National Space Administration’s Moon-roving Yutu (aka “Jade Rabbit”) spacecraft atop a mock lunar surface, and set against a backdrop image of the Earth seen from space. But hold on a second – what’s tha

Chinese Moon Display Contains Image of Europe Being Nuked

I did check thoroughly for this if it was posted before but couldn't find anything. I do apologize in advance though in case my search didn't work properly.

Interesting news this one, isn't it? I mean a mushroom cloud over Europe?

According to Infowars:

The photograph was not designed deliberately for the moon rover display, it is taken from a stock image. This fact has been cited by those who claim that the selection of the image was a mere oversight on behalf of Chinese officials.

However, the title of the stock image, Nuclear Explosion on Earth from Space, has prompted more cynical observers to suggest otherwise.

I do not like doom scenarios and I try not to get to excited by news like that but honestly I don't understand the depiction of a mushroom cloud over Europe.

Infowars has an extended comment about this. Interesting read

www.infowars.com...
edit on 18-12-2013 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Its already been debunked pal on this thread:

Thread

It's a stock photo:

Link
edit on 18-12-2013 by skyblueworld because: more info

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

We got it.

Already covered here

Just a hint, not trying to be rude, in order to find it I searched ATS for "mushroom cloud Europe".

Just curious, what search tags did you use? It was the first thread to show up when I searched.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
.....nvm..

edit on 18-12-2013 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Thanks guys. Is gotta be something wrong with the search feature in this forum.

P.S. Sorry for reposting the news. Wasn't intentional.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

skyblueworld

Thread

It's a stock photo:

Link

If you were to actually read, it says it's a stock photo above, genius. How does that "debunk" anything about it? It doesn't. You're just a flamer. Why would China choose to use this stock photo is the real question. They just sent a damn rover to the moon, you'd think they'd be competent enough to employ some basic graphic art skills.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Who cares? I read about it here first. Big whoop. there's bound to be 2 or 3 people talking about this, who gives a crap who did it first?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DiscordianJism

Calm down dear it's only a forum.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

DiscordianJism

skyblueworld

Thread

It's a stock photo:

Link

If you were to actually read, it says it's a stock photo above, genius. How does that "debunk" anything about it? It doesn't. You're just a flamer. Why would China choose to use this stock photo is the real question. They just sent a damn rover to the moon, you'd think they'd be competent enough to employ some basic graphic art skills.

I do agree with the above comment. The topic might have been discussed in the other thread but I don't see how it was debunked. Nothing was debunked, just stated the fact that the photo is a stock one.
edit on 18-12-2013 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

skyblueworld

Thread

It's a stock photo:

Link

Good catch and thank you. Thread closed.

top topics

join