It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Picks Gay Athletes to Represent U.S. at Sochi Olympics!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Will everyone who is NOT LGBT please sit at the back of the bus.
It's not discrimination to put a certain group at the head of the line.
It's only discrimination when you hold a certain group back.
Know your place you pathetic heterosexuals!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Sure we are being used as political pawns, Obama had to have us represent something at the Olympic games,i am not surprised.

i don't like that our movement for equality is being used as political chess pieces, but i do like that we are showing our support for the world that is treating us like we are illegal, immoral and not human

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Well, I'll certainly sleep better tonight knowing all this...
I'm sure Larry Sinclair is pleased.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

edit on 18-12-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

And heterosexuals have never participated in debauchery of any sort? Wet T-shirt contests, key parties... You can't judge an entire group on the actions of the few.
edit on Wed Dec 18 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: subst REPLY TO for quote

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

sirhumperdink
slavery (which was not initially an issue adressed by the bill of rights) and persecution for speech still exist in many places these are not in fact natural rights (though that would just be super duper awesome) but are rights determined and granted by the collective populace usually through a governing body (though that does not have to be the case)
if these were god given rights they would be universal would they not?

It was addressed: All men are created equal.

This made slavery illegal, however, it took the creation of an entirely new political party (The GOP) who's specific purpose was to oppose the pro-slavery Democrat party to reinforce this idea.

Historical fact.

To this day, the D party continues its tradition of ignoring the founding principles of the country,and has found a way to expand their plantation to encompass the entire country. (Ever more profound dependency on the benevolence of an all-powerful state)

This is the same party that divides and conquers along racial, gender and sexual orientation lines. You may recall Women for Obama, African Americans for Obama, Gays for Obama, etc...

Again, ones skin colour, gender and sexual orientation is the most important and useful thing about anyone, to a certain agenda driven sort.

Elevating gays for the purpose of making a political statement via the Olympics is another example of pandering exploitation by the party of alleged 'tolerance and inclusion'.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

sirhumperdink
and arguably the government does grant you rights.....

How trusting some are of the loving benevolence of an all powerful state!

Even allowing armies of faceless bureaucrats to determine what our rights are?

Humans have basic, plain and natural rights which pre-date any form of government, and transcend any law.

A good government recognises these rights, rights cannot be invented.

You can claim that a certain class of people have a right to the property of another class, and even make it law.

It is still a violation of basic human rights.

As is the granting of a certain self identified group of citizens "more equal" rights, which violates the the Equal under the law idea.

No animal is more equal than any other animal, including gays.

edit on CST12America/Chicago51Wed, 18 Dec 2013 12:09:53 -06000912123151 by TheWrightWing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Asktheanimals

.................Know your place you pathetic heterosexuals!

I, hetrowise, do know my "place" if you get my drift,,, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
Know what I mean?????

edit on 18-12-2013 by grubblesnert because: wha?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

you guys need to get this rhetoric under control....... badly (i take serious offence to having words put in my mouth much as anyone else would.... arguing against yourself must be quite fulfilling huh?)
this kind of lunacy is the reason we cant have nice things or legitimate conversations
edit on 18-12-2013 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

sirhumperdink

you guys need to get this rhetoric under control....... badly (i take serious offence to having words put in my mouth much as anyone else would)
this kind of lunacy is the reason we cant have nice things or legitimate conversations

Care to point out any specific "lunacy" you have issue with?

Elevating athletes based solely on their sexual orientation is of course, not lunacy at all, am I right?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Russia has recently received criticism from around the world and across the international community for enacting a law that bans the distribution of "propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations" to minors.[3] Since the passage of the anti-gay propaganda law, the media has reported the arrest of a gay rights activist[4] as well as a surging incidence of hate crimes motivated by homophobia,[5][6] including hate crimes perpetrated by neo-Nazi groups against gay minors.[7][8]

Although same-sex sexual activity between consenting adults in private was decriminalized in 1993,[1] there are currently no laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity and expression, and households headed by same-sex couples are ineligible for the legal protections available to opposite-sex couples

There are currently no laws in place that offer any type of legal protection toward gays. Now this doesn't mean they will be arrested, in plain English, but it does mean if something happens to them, there are no laws in place to protect them from discrimination or other things that may happen....

That is what I meant by danger, not necessarily arrested but possibly worse so Russia can prove a point to the guy throwing a middle finger in his face.....IMHO of course!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

TheWrightWing
Elevating athletes based solely on their sexual orientation is of course, not lunacy at all, am I right?

It could be well argued that elevating athletes is lunacy...

2nd.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

the lunacy has nothing to do with your arguments which i will not be responding to (yay! you won!!!)
but the fact you are in essence arguing against yourself (that is what i am calling lunacy)
i took no stance on most of the things you seem to be arguing so you must in fact be psychic (and a bad one at that considering i wouldnt agree with of the things you try to make it appear i would.... but im sure you knew that)
the only issues i brought up were the fact that the bill of rights was in fact meant to be amended over time and my assertion that rights are not in fact god given as evidenced by the fact that they are not universal but determined and granted by all participants of a society
literally everything else that you brought up was incorrectly inferred by you (maybe intentionally maybe not) in order to make my position sound as ridiculous as possible

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

sirhumperdink

you guys need to get this rhetoric under control.......

To exclude gals in you commentary smacks of a misogynistic intentions!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Oh ya! Imagine how this would go if Obama specifically
picked athletes that WERE NOT gay???

Everybody bow down to our new dictators. the GLBT
rule the world now.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I don't think gay people would be offended by heterosexual people dressing up in lingerie and parading around. Homophobic people, on the other hand, seem to freak out at the sight of a man dressed in drag or a gimp suit. I suppose if it doesn't fit into their belief system, it's to be feared/hated/shunned/looked down upon and thoroughly renounced.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I say Goooooooooooooooooooo Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's good to see the USA earn it's world leading status for once.
Backwards nasty countries like Russia should be confronted.
how ca anybody defen this country for it's stance on homosexulaity?
People just cant seem to stop hating.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Church!

tell me about it.

but as a part of the newly assigned dictator label my first demand is Drag every day hunty!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It seems to me that the anti-homosexual crowd is actually anti-sexual.

It wouldn't matter who was displaying and celebrating their sexuality -- they'd be against it. It seems to me that in their eyes, anything sexual-related is "evil".

These are the same people that probably live a married life and sleep in separate beds. *eyeroll*

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WilsonWilson

u willing too fight a world war over it?,,,or just slap and run?

worst case:
another Terrorist olympics,,only,, this time,, not Israel,,but Gay Athletes,, just curious if Islamic Terrorist Interests are in that area? as well,,,remember Islam,, and Gay,, are just as openly honest in there ,stance on that subject,,,
or worse a Russian Islamist who hates gay people.

Maybe his mother was turned by a gay Cia, opp,, lol,, yeah,,,ww3 ,,over gay openess.

ps seems Brazil, not too fond of the Amb, choice,, either.

if this was RISK id be worried,,so hows China on there Gay issues?

i digress.
edit on 12/18/2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join