It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisionists want to Remove Gen Lee and Jackson from the Halls of Military College

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Link to the Story here

Nothing but madness as this Current Anti-White, Anti-Truth and Anti-American Administration does its best to sterilize American History just as Stalin did in Russia so the people would not be encouraged to follow in the steps of those who oppose them.

edit on 18-12-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

When you remove parts of history, "white-wash" history, you are denying the oppourtunity to learn.

I find this distasteful and disturbing.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I love the term "Historical Cleansing". It's so 1984.

A lot of ugly stuff happened in our history and we do ourselves no favor by forgetting where we came from, where we've been, or where we're headed.

They removed the Lee/Jackson holiday from the school calendar (here) a few years back. I figured it was only a matter of time.

God forbid anybody feel uncomfortable about anything these days. They have a big task in front of them if this "Historical Cleansing" is to gain momentum. Busy beavers fighting for the PC agenda...

edit on 12/18/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Why stop there How about removing Gen Custard from colleges and history books too. He savagely killed innocent women and children during his anti-indian campaigns.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

ChesterJohn

Why stop there How about removing Gen Custard from colleges and history books too. He savagely killed innocent women and children during his anti-indian campaigns.

That's the point... they're NOT going to stop there. Next week it will be something else. Custard will probably get his turn before all is said and done. The founding fathers are surely not far behind.

The old saying that "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it" comes to mind here.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Oh no, these guys are going to make a brand new history all on their own and it wont be anything that will be remembered.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So true.

And in the case of the Civil War in particular, many (if not most) of the Officers attended military academies together and had an affection for one another personallyand respect for their military prowess...especially General Lee.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This makes me sick and my blood boil!!!!

Who is the brainless drone quoted as saying Lee fought against the US Army and school, meaning West Point. REALLY!

The civil war is extremely more complex than just the north vs south. Lee was not fighting to keep slaves in southern states. Heck, at that time, and this has magically been erased from the history books, 4 northern states had the rights to hold slaves during the war, slavery was not the reason. if slavery was the reason, those 4 northern states would have joined the south as well. thats not the case.

The civil war was about states rights. Lee was fighting under the constitution of the united states of America. He was fighting against an oppressive government. A government whose northern states imposed its will on the southern states via majority vote, being as it is, northern states held most of the population in America at the time and still do.

I have a family member who is one of the largest collectors of civil war artifacts. In the collection are history books written 110-120+ years ago. The truth is in those books, books that I have read, written by eye witnesses of the time.

edit on 18-12-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

How does one revise history as such? Guess that's the prerogative of the victors!

To hell with their doublespeak that's my opinion of the matter!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
People have debated for years whether the 'right' side in the civil war actually won. Look at the country today and what the federal government has become. Their thinking might be that it is best we not let future military leaders look at the past for a reason.

edit on 12/18/2013 by roadgravel because: typo

edit on 12/18/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

andy06shake

How does one revise history as such? Guess that's the prerogative of the victors!

To hell with their doublespeak that's my opinion of the matter!

“History smiles favorably on the victor”- don’t know who quoted that. lol

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

roadgravel
People have debated for years whether the 'right' side in the civil war actually won. Look at the country today and what the federal government has become. Their thinking might be that it is best we not let future military leaders look at the past for a reason.

edit on 12/18/2013 by roadgravel because: typo

edit on 12/18/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

I’ve argued for year that the true followers of the constitution lost that war. I’m then looked at like a raciest?? WTF.

Slavery was being phased out worldwide at that time. It was only a matter of time before it came to America. Yes, if the south won, there would have been slaves still, but I argue it would have lasted 10 years tops before it would have been out lawed state by state.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

And to the victor go the spoils of war(American Senator William L. Marcy 1831-2), including social engineering and political propaganda aka the ability to shape history!

edit on 18-12-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Those books need to be scanned and placed in public domain before they are lost forever. We had a set of Lees Journals that he wrote during the war, they were originally his 1st cousin's my mom was given $1000 for the set. Of which I was disappointed my mom had sold them.

edit on 18-12-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
its scary how fast the United States is turning into 1984's worst nightmare.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Gonna be hard to 'forget' General Jackson or General Lee, Ft Jackson & Ft Lee are named AFTER THEM

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

HomerinNC
Gonna be hard to 'forget' General Jackson or General Lee, Ft Jackson & Ft Lee are named AFTER THEM

Yeah, well.... It will be Ft. Cloward and Ft. Piven in due time.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

During the inventory, an unidentified official — not the commandant, Maj. Gen. Anthony A. Cucolo III — asked the administration why the college honors two generals who fought against the United States, college spokeswoman Carol Kerr said.

“I do know at least one person has questioned why we would honor individuals who were enemies of the United States Army,” Ms. Kerr said.

operational

Army War College Spokeswoman ...
www.witf.org, 20 June 2011 [cached]
Army War College Spokeswoman Carol Kerr says there are currently no plans to close the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center in Middlesex Township. An Army panel recommended earlier this year that the center should be closed. Kerr says the midstate facility is unique, partly because of its expansive archives. "It's treasured by researchers and army leaders throughout the nation who rely on it for its research capabilities and its great archives," shesays.
Abilene Reporter News: Movies
www.reporternews.com, 10 Aug 2006 [cached]
Amateur videos shot by soldiers are loosely regulated by the Universal Code of Military Justice, guidelines that Carol Kerr, a public-affairs officer with the U.S. Army War College, says are intended to protect the troops.
"Operational security is the source of these guidelines," she said.

why my linky won't take like normal?

One mouth with two voices? She's describing a convo she had with herself?

edit on (12/18/1313 by loveguy because: sorry bout any confusion

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Slavery was being phased out worldwide at that time. It was only a matter of time before it came to America. Yes, if the south won, there would have been slaves still, but I argue it would have lasted 10 years tops before it would have been out lawed state by state.

The government along with powerful business have created another economic system to replace slavery with another form of it. One that people don't see in the same light but isn't much different.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The article states that one person questioned the paintings. I believe that the Washington Times reporter went a bit overboard with their article title. Especially when nothing in their actual article backs up their headline.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join