It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Top NSA Official - We are Now In a Police State

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Wookiep

Bill Binney is the high-level NSA executive who created the agency’s mass surveillance program

Gee, "Bill", thanks for CREATING the NSA's mass surveillance program buddy! The guy who created a large portion of our police state we are in now, is crying police state? Ok, why? I think Bill needs to spend some time in prison to think about this, you know, like for life?
edit on 18-12-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

/police state bot: is currently offline due to an unexpected reboot.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

benrl

beezzer
reply to post by FlyersFan

How do we get rid of the police-state?

How do we return to a society based on individualism, personal responsibility, liberty, freedom?

By standing untied as one people.

By not being divided by race, creed, color, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class,religion, or even nationality.

And say in one voice tyranny will not stand.

Nothing will change until we can all put aside what divides us and we all remember what we have in common opposed to that in which we don't.

I believe change can happen, I believe the system can still work, I believe we can do it peacefully.

All it takes is the will to stand as one behind the beliefs that founded this nation.

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, for all man kind, not just the rich or elite.

/police state bot: I am so jealous of Benrl. I wish I could produce politicians like him.
Is there any way we can turn him to our side?

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Bassago

Yep definitely a police state. As far as I remember the first real shots were fired at Ruby Ridge and Waco Texas. And nobody seemed to care. Well we're in it now.

There is only one way to overthrow tyranny and in my mind it's not the Gandhi method (though that worked once.) I believe the US police state would kill every one of us if we attempted a peaceful revolution like that.

/police state bot: why isn't Bassago confused. We've put a lot of
effort into confusing, and making them forget. Why isn't it working!?
Increase obfustication.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

stirling
It would be a revelation to every citizen as to just what the "government" thinks of them.......especially when the efficiency of the high tech warfighting tools they possess is demonstrated......
In case you haven't noticed...the MIComplex has developed many answers to policing a country which is hostile to their
occupation......
The people would be slaughtered wholesale.....or disarmed without firing a shot using microwave technology.....
Are you ready for the robots and drones that are ready to be unleashed on us?
Coming to YOUR neighbourhood soon.......
DARPA has been veryyy busy preparing for such an uprising.......as has NSA.....

/police state bot: Stirling has a contagious level of fear.
Only approach anyone who agrees with them in body armor.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

jimmyx

even for an old codger like myself (61)..I like the music of MUSE. I have noticed that the anti-government posts over the last year has been rather subdued in the intensity of their statements...seems like whatever you believe about the validity of the U.S. being a police state...it seems to be working

Just chiming in to note the same. In fact, the majority of political commentary that I've seen percolate through has been the typical mocking of gaffes. I've been deliberately sharing articles and making posts about current political issues. Previously, those would have an active discourse going on. The only time that has happened post-NSA reveal was in regards to social security, that one subject that we can easily perceive as affecting us all. Interestingly enough, that particular subject also was the one time where more extreme discourse occurred in regards to what we should do. I also spotted a cute little acknowledgement of surveillance pass through that made the remark that everything one said on social media would be in the hands of the NSA et al and that still posting was "engaging in civil disobedience". When I shared that one, it got a decent number of likes and from unexpected quarters. As silly as it sounds, it's an acknowledgment that speech on the internet is chilled and to speak is the equivalency of "civil disobedience". That's rather scary when you think about it as we are supposed to discuss politics freely as it is inherent to our democracy.

/police state bot: does not compute, transferring to a real operative.
/police state operative: can't decide if helping mind prisoners become more comfortable,
or accurately describing the area around the problem, transferring to dark spiritualist.
/police state dark spiritualist: Old case, have a thick file here already. Just spoof them
with mod action, and WhiteAlice will become even more paranoid sounding.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 18-12-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

ikonoklast
reply to post by beezzer

Unless something happens to take away technology (massive solar flare, EMP, WWIII, etc.) or you can change human nature and reverse the course of human society since at least Sumer, this is not going to be easy to fix. Rulers and powerful elite have always wanted to control the rest of the population to maintain status quo. Technology just makes it easier for them to micro-manage all of us.

And with Google buying Boston Dynamics, the powers that be will soon have autonomous military robots that can run and maneuver like cheetahs and also the new two-legged ones that can climb over obstacles, open doors, climb stairs, drive cars, etc. And these robots may know everything both Google and the NSA know about you, including where you are by GPS.

/police state bot: If we can package our robots in such a way
that ikonoklast approves of them, then we will get 90% of the
population. Study more deeply for marketing tastes.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Why did you just spam this thread? - what's your game grouchy, you look crazy.

I don't see how that activity is very helpful in regards to an issue like this.

This is serious #.

edit on 18-12-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

NewAgeMan

Why did you just spam this thread? - what's your game grouchy, you look crazy.

I don't see how that activity is very helpful in regards to an issue like this.

This is serious #.

For you, I shall stop.

Mike Grouchy

/this is what I just heard
edit on 18-12-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You stands up and fight.. But how many people will actually do this?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Let the overreaching security industrial complex get really bad and really noticeable. Let the power hungry idiot pion that uses this information (for harassment,blackmail, and coercion) get comfortable and sloppy.
Then like kids peeing in the pool the water will become smelly and everyone can't afford to be apathetic and swim in a smelly pool.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think you know.

When all the people that you would look to in order to collect these totalitarian types and put them away are them selves involved then who does it fall to ?
edit on 18-12-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Battleline
reply to post by beezzer

I think you know, when all the people that you would look to in order to collect these totalitarian people and put them away are them selves involved then who does it fall to ?

Everyone who comes to power in every sphere and walk of life, everywhere, as an entire generation rises up to replace the grey hairs in Washington.

Incorruptible leaders will begin to appear, because it will be just so intolerable on so may levels the abuses of power from the 9/11 power grab, that it won't be cool anymore to be on the take and be part of the corruption.

What's needed here is a totally disgusted citizenry as all this dirty laundry comes to light.

The people are sick and tired of it, and you just can't fool all the people all the time.

You can practically smell the corruption and the evil, and as far as I can tell it's clearly on display throughout the 9/11 event and everything that's ensued in it's wake.

One generation coming to power - is all that's needed, and we're close, and getting closer all the time.

NEVER SURRENDER!

The pendulum will eventually swing in favor of liberty again, but the digital age and crap culture sure isn't helping, then again, those same tools can be used in many ways. We're using one right now even as I type this last word.

..or maybe not the last word.. because I'm sorry mikegrouchy for coming down on you for trying to generate some cultural humor of our own at "it's" expense, because the generation of art and culture and novel forms is in large part the new reality that we are creating for ourselves and our fellow man and the world, and it's not Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber or MIley Cirus.

Computer networking and communications and social media - these things can be harnessed by US by WE in a very big way, ways that even the NSA cannot imagine and will be unable to counter or control when the time comes for a revolution, not in military affairs and domestic spying, but in human affairs where it counts and where it really matters.

We'll get there yet, no worries, be bold!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Damn Grouchy I was almost afraid to keep reading when I saw what you were up to. Somehow dodged that bullet "whew"

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

It would seem the Snowden's are coming out of the wood work.

They are only telling us what they want people to know and yes some of it may be the truth.

I am not sure what good the truth is now unless it helps some people when it all comes down .

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Hope you are right...but can't help but wonder if there were people in China, Russia, North Korea and other deep seated communist state's that thought like you do just before they were killed or incarcerated.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

We have been saying what is coming down the pipeline for many years with Wide Eyes and Ears Shut!

This was before NAFTA.

So,.... what, are any of you really surprised?

Geeeeze....

Y all can do what you want.

I will not ever give in or sell out and be outspoken and always tell the truth. I have nothing to hide, NOTHING!

They can create fake propaganda about me listen to every conversation, watch me take a shower if they get off with that and we know they do, I'm still in good shape so I probably have more watching me than my neighbors male or female. Yes they are sick bastards, and I am not.

I know who I am, and they know what I know that makes me a threat to all these liars, cheaters, phonies, and the soul sellers(Who's Buying?)

They are using are hard earned money(they ones that work legally)(most of it goes to the government) and they turn it around and use it virtually all against us which will ultimately and eventually Destroy us from many angles.

FDA, ADA, FEMA, and all the other 3 and 4 letter words.

The system needs to be Destroyed and we need to start over.

Now we will never sell any USA computer related products to any other countries, EVER, No country won't touch Apple, Cisco, IBM, Microsoft, etc... with a 50ft pole now.
Who would trust us? I wouldn't.

I thought the tech industry was going to pull us out of the slow economy and jumpstart are slow recovery?

The recovery is coming along real nice, just as planned isn't it.
The Feds are printing 85Billion a Month to keep our head above water, with a straw!(READ THIS SENTENCE AGAIN!)

Sure the DOW is high!, do you really think this isn't pure manipulation? Fools!

This is all in the grand scheme.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PRS395

You don't have to have anything to hide any more, you just have to disagree with THEM and there agenda.

They are the minority and when there is a large apposing majority then people that don't agree and believe in there right to free speech are the biggest threat they have.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

I think their biggest fear of all is that history itself will reject outright, their agenda, and that the whole thing will just fall apart in terms of where they were hoping to take this great power grab and abuse of power - when it all comes back, and I don't mean in terms of an insurrection, but more like a quiet revolution led by THEIR own abject stupidity and insanity and hideous when it all comes out in the light of day. Like some sort of mass coming to Jesus moment where everything suddenly changes, back to the truth and the reality in the twinkling of an eye, and they've found themselves squarely on the WRONG side of history, with history itself as their judge. A great reckoning, but not by traditional violent means, more in the way of terrible leaks and deathbed confessions, a whole whaft of them from this past decade, something... a tipping point. It's inevitable, imho. Therefore there's every reason to be optimistic even as we begin to come to power ourselves.

Something's gotta break and it will have to be the corruption, and the abuses of power and general insanity of power run amok and no longer working for the people, but against the people. It's the end of their reign, it's already happening right before our eyes but we just haven't yet caught all the way up to the full historical implications and significance of what's gone down right before our very eyes all the way to that tragic September bright blue skied sunny fall morning, before everything went to # with Zelikow and Cheney's prophecy come to life.

It was a monster then it's still a monster now - double-bound in the truth that sets US - free.

We won in other words, we just didn't realize it yet, but we will and soon because tipping points are incredible turning points in human history and they can start out small with only a small number of influential people making a difference.

6 stages of seperation.

Let's use the same principals they're trying to use against us, against them, by old school low tech word of mouth, which is still the most powerful way to influence the world around us.

Talk to your neighbors.

When we all agree - that's the end of the bad policy and bad agenda for the people of the United States and the larger world.

We're almost there.

"The Tipping Point - How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference"

We'll just out-Zelikow Zelikow (and Cheney).

Just move through a cleft in the wall of their universe, into the real one and there it is!

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FarleyWayne

TEXAS: Lt. Governor Dewhurst Statement in Response to U.S. District Judge Ruling on Unconstitutional NSA Data Collection

More of our political officials should follow this Governor's lead. It's about time a judge had the guts and fortitude to rule against the NSA. I think judges are being pressured to rule for the government when it comes to spying on Americans.

It's a shame when people who work for a government agency who claim to believe in freedom for its citizens and their basic constitutional rights, are the same people who are part of the machine that is chipping away at those rights. They are sacrificing their values and the constitution of the United States for job security and a paycheck.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This man didn't just have a change of heart, no, in fact he and others know full well that once the mechanism of our slavery and control is in place our knowing becomes irrelevant. What's done is done and if we didn't do anything as a people after the original Snowdan bombshells it will only embolden them further. Truth be told I have watched their game plan play out personally for over a decade. There have been bumps in the road but collectively they are still more or less where they need to be.

We are like cattle, very much so. We move in groups in herd mentality watching our sports and drinking our beers. A bombshells drops (read Snowdan) not unlike a shot buffalo, the herd scurries for a moment than goes back to grazing on beer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join