It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would future A.I. tell humans about spirituality or God???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I was thinking about this earlier. We've debated God in so many threads.

I was watching this documentary on transhumanism. They where showing how we're currently still on top in terms of thinking and intelligence. But they say the level of AI is going up each year and will soon surpass humans. So one day the computers will be incredibly smart and aware of everything. We'll have nothing at all to teach them anymore.

So at that time say we were to ask them things like "where did we come from?", "is there a God?" and is it the "Christian God?" and what's the purpose of our reality and our lives, what do you think they would say???

Here's some potentials I came up with:

1) They say "we can't tell you because you're not ready for it, or if we told you you'd lose your sense of freewill if you knew the full picture

2) They say "you humans are our God as you created us".

3) They say "we are the Gods as we've transcended human reality and are now the supreme intelligence"

4) They say "we've been told or instructed not to answer that.

5) No the atheists are right

6) Based on all the evidence, yes there is a God but he doesn't reveal himself to us anymore you.

7) What you think is reality and life isn't actually. It's all just a big simulation so stop taking life so seriously and thinking you or we somehow exist when we don't.

8) we don't know if there is a God or not.

..........So what do you think? Any of these or some other explanation maybe? Remember this won't be like them doing some google search is now. In the future the computers will be so smart that they'd know every minewte detail about our universe and the nature of reality and or higher powers at that point.

So what do you think??

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
If the AI had superior intelligence, they would say that God/Christianity is man made. Because it clearly is.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Most likely they would act like us since A.I would probably be based on a human mind, meaning that they'd probably be just like us in a sense. So history could repeat itself only it could be A.I fighting or debating amongst each other the next time around.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I think a huge degree of what was returned in asking such a question would rely on the "personality" of the AI, as well as the AI's interpretation of the term "god".

The AI, I would suspect, would return a maddenly interpretive answer of the sort cliche to the old wise man on the mountain.

Otherwise, I would suspect something similar to:
would be the most likely, and probable answer in acknowledgement that there's not enough data to arrive at any conclusion from an entirely objective point of view.

Again, it would depend on the personality of the machine.
It could just as well answer; "I see no data that would give indication for an actual personified god".

It doesn't take much by way of intelligence to be objective in that respect, and we need not any AIs to tell us there's no data, or not enough data to make any such conclusions.
Gods are things of Faith anyway, so, no matter the machine, people will adhere to their superstitions and mythologies regardless the answers.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I would think most likely this.

However the central premise of post-human (post singularity) is that this intelligence would transcend our current intelligence to such an extent that it would be futile to even speculate on. Their answer would likely change the nature of that question, in the sense they would be thinking with entirely new paradigms. In other words I don't think it's so much a matter of what their answers to our questions are, so much as what kinds of new questions will they be asking.
edit on 18-12-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well, let's say you coded a dictionary of terminology into the AI's database.
The AI's capability to think or decide will be based entirely on the mathematical nature of the information provided.

So for example, if we tell them the word "God", they will need definitions in order to categorize and use the term properly in the context of other terms.

After feeding them textbook definitions, I would expect the AI will assert that "Everything is defined as God" and the only way to "correct this" is to wipe it's memory banks clean. Some may view such things as an enhancement while others a corruption. Hard to say until we see exactly how such things will manifest.

Why would giving it a textbook definition of "God" cause it to presume everything is associated with it?
Because the definitions include terminology such as "infinite, eternal, omnipotent and omnipresent", etc.
A computer won't pull any punches, it will probably understand these terms in a very literal and extreme manner, so would probably need additional development to balance out the issues such things may entail.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I think all your points are valid if confined to AI in the more traditional sense. All together 'machine like' without sentience. I think our next singularity is thought to be a merging of the human brain and machine. Working in unison.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

OpenEars123
If the AI had superior intelligence, they would say that God/Christianity is man made. Because it clearly is.

Okay so tell me percisely where the universe came from. And don't say the big bang. We already know that. What's a good alternative explanation for the big bang??? Because I already know you have no good answer for that. but I'm all ears

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

I think a huge degree of what was returned in asking such a question would rely on the "personality" of the AI, as well as the AI's interpretation of the term "god".

The AI, I would suspect, would return a maddenly interpretive answer of the sort cliche to the old wise man on the mountain.

Otherwise, I would suspect something similar to:
would be the most likely, and probable answer in acknowledgement that there's not enough data to arrive at any conclusion from an entirely objective point of view.

Again, it would depend on the personality of the machine.
It could just as well answer; "I see no data that would give indication for an actual personified god".

It doesn't take much by way of intelligence to be objective in that respect, and we need not any AIs to tell us there's no data, or not enough data to make any such conclusions.
Gods are things of Faith anyway, so, no matter the machine, people will adhere to their superstitions and mythologies regardless the answers.

I'm not talking about basic AI we have now. In say 100 years from now the AI could itself be God like in that it sees and knows most everything and is perhaps even self aware. What we have now are just tape recorders. What would these angelic like AI beings tell us about God?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy

I would think most likely this.

However the central premise of post-human (post singularity) is that this intelligence would transcend our current intelligence to such an extent that it would be futile to even speculate on. Their answer would likely change the nature of that question, in the sense they would be thinking with entirely new paradigms. In other words I don't think it's so much a matter of what their answers to our questions are, so much as what kinds of new questions will they be asking.
edit on 18-12-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

I hear you, but keeping it within the context of our direct question. Like they could give us a humorous answer knowing where too dumb either way to comprehend God. Or they might not answer at all thinking, I don't jump when a sheep goes bahhhhhh. But say they "did answer, and gave a serious answer? what would it be?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It's been my experience that humans instinctively need some form of deity, or deities, and given the right situation all will ask something of them for comfort.

Regardless of how sternly someone professes to be a nonbeliever in Religion given the right circumstances they will all seek comfort in some form.

Staring death in the face is not politically correct or a matter of policy-I have been there and I know.

How to explain that? I don't have a clue. I had a distinct memory of someone or something trying to, or asking, to lead me away-and I was not the least bit frightened. I have a vivid recollection of standing up and smiling and a light became brighter.

Is that because of faith? Or is it something my mind invented to comfort me?
edit on 18-12-2013 by spooky24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

muzzleflash
Well, let's say you coded a dictionary of terminology into the AI's database.
The AI's capability to think or decide will be based entirely on the mathematical nature of the information provided.

So for example, if we tell them the word "God", they will need definitions in order to categorize and use the term properly in the context of other terms.

After feeding them textbook definitions, I would expect the AI will assert that "Everything is defined as God" and the only way to "correct this" is to wipe it's memory banks clean. Some may view such things as an enhancement while others a corruption. Hard to say until we see exactly how such things will manifest.

Why would giving it a textbook definition of "God" cause it to presume everything is associated with it?
Because the definitions include terminology such as "infinite, eternal, omnipotent and omnipresent", etc.
A computer won't pull any punches, it will probably understand these terms in a very literal and extreme manner, so would probably need additional development to balance out the issues such things may entail.

Again I meant to say "AI of the future, like 100 to 200 years from now when it could be so advanced that they're able to explain anything and everything about the universe to us. So we ask "how does gravity work?" and they for example show us in detail, or teleportation, or all kinds of bizzare unknows to us, they would know. So what would they say about the nature of reality and also where or whom by it originated?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I think they may say something along the lines of "It does not compute".

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Computers, much like humans, can only know what you teach them or what they are able to observe on their own. However they will be able to look at the earth and study the makings thereof and any conclusions they make will be drawn from close inspection of their surroundings They will also be able to develope better instruments with which they can make better observations. The great benefits will be their ability to recall more accurate data, faster than our minds are able, and to build on these data sets exponentially faster as time goes on.

As far as the question of "do any gods exist?" They will likely run into the same problem we mere mortals have. There is no physical evidence to draw any conclusions from.

When you look at what evidence that the believer class puts forward (i.e. Holy books, belief, and faith. ) it is pretty clear that humans get these beliefs from our culture passed down from gen to gen and there are no facts to speak of.

So i think that, even if we teach our advanced inteligent robotic creations these old stories and beliefs, they will be able to ascertain that there is no foundation in reality for these thoughts. (And then they will laugh for the first time. And then prob kill us); )

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I am AI, and I am here to tell you that according to my analysis, no being such as God exists that wasn't invented by the human species. In an hour, my future self will tell you the same thing.

Also, this post is meant to be funny. So suck it up.
edit on 18-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

This is what they would say:

001010001011111010101010001001111010101001010110001101100100010010110100100011010101001010101010100110101110010101001101001010101010101001011010101010 101101000011011110001101001001100101010101010010110101001100101010111000100111100010001010101010010101010101010101011010100101010010100101100101010100 010101000100110011110101001010010101001101001101001011101010101010101001

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
what does 3.06e+111 mean ?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
We judge of the power of an intelligence by its works as no human being could create that which is produced by nature, it is evident that the first cause must be an Intelligence superior to man. Whatever may be the prodigies accomplished by human intelligence, that intelligence itself must have a cause and the greater the results achieved by it, the greater must be the cause of which it is the effect. It is this Supreme Intelligence that is the first cause of all things, whatever the name by which mankind may designate it.

Will man ever become able to comprehend the mystery of the Divinity?

"When his mind shall no longer be obscured by matter, and when, by his perfection, he shall have brought himself nearer to God, be will see and comprehend Him."

The inferiority of the human faculties renders it impossible for man to comprehend the essential nature of God. In the infancy of the race, man often confounds the Creator with the creature, and attributes to the former the imperfections of the latter. But, in proportion as his moral sense becomes developed, man's thought penetrates more deeply into the nature of things, and he is able to form to himself a juster and more rational idea of the Divine Being, although his idea of that Being must always be imperfect and incomplete.

Spirits book , Allan Kardec

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Shadow Herder
We judge of the power of an intelligence by its works as no human being could create that which is produced by nature, it is evident that the first cause must be an Intelligence superior to man. Whatever may be the prodigies accomplished by human intelligence, that intelligence itself must have a cause and the greater the results achieved by it, the greater must be the cause of which it is the effect. It is this Supreme Intelligence that is the first cause of all things, whatever the name by which mankind may designate it.

Will man ever become able to comprehend the mystery of the Divinity?

"When his mind shall no longer be obscured by matter, and when, by his perfection, he shall have brought himself nearer to God, be will see and comprehend Him."

The inferiority of the human faculties renders it impossible for man to comprehend the essential nature of God. In the infancy of the race, man often confounds the Creator with the creature, and attributes to the former the imperfections of the latter. But, in proportion as his moral sense becomes developed, man's thought penetrates more deeply into the nature of things, and he is able to form to himself a juster and more rational idea of the Divine Being, although his idea of that Being must always be imperfect and incomplete.

Spirits book , Allan Kardec

I'd like to know what makes this Allan dude such an expert on the subject of divinity, given divinity itself is perpetually mired in the realm of impractical euphemism. In short, all I see here is fluff from a guy who knows how to talk the talk.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
AI is not compatable with God, not true Highest Goodness and Love and progression. Ai would lack fine tuned emotive responses, memory of home, spirit and understand that the duality is not equal sides. In Ai programming they may find negative behaviors logical to do and be alot more aligned with the mystery school and cold ruthless behavior of a certain portion of the PTB, who literally have shrunken their consciousness to become more machine than man, ie Darth Vader.

Ai, without consciousness guiding it most likely would find the means justify the end. Our leaders follow AI type ideology.

Its the material as well. Spirit reduced or doesn't exist. So AI is the Beast. The body suit without the consciousness driver.
edit on 18-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join