It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Bombing Suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev Reportedly Feared Voices In His Head

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

There's plenty of crazy in the world that they could choose from. Unfortunately, a lot of these guys that do terrible things were, in fact, crazy and their form of crazy happened to put the public in their crosshairs.

Ever heard that correlation does not equal causation? What about all the millions of conspiracy theorists who are not (or never will be) murderers? That seems to throw a little monkey wrench into that idea.

They are not stupid. They're just hoping the public is. They know belief in conspiracy theories does not cause violence. The truth is a lot scarier. Which is that it's pretty much impossible to predict. They could harass every conspiracy theorist in the country and they would all look the same. It would be impossible to find the dangerous ones because the ones who eventually did do something didn't really believe anything that probably thousands of others don't believe.

It comes down to the individual. Some people snap and some people don't. Most don't.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Some posters are trying to link this news to Joker, who is in custody, when the news is about Timberland, who got smoked. Haven't heard too much about Joker or what voices he's hearing. He almost seemed normal, or as normal as jihadists get. He probably just got caught way over his head with no turning back. Tamerlan was more than likely bat# crazy with a war inside his head. "Hello ME, meet the REAL ME"

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
A lot of people have a little voice in there head. It is called the Conscience. It tells you right from wrong. Religion tries to build it up in you by saying God is all ways watching you. Hell our government does it with the All Seeing Eye or NSA.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

Please, for the love of god, read my post in response to you again where I outright observe that exact relationship instead of snipping to create a strawman that I already shot down in my previous reply to you. Mental illness has causes from developmental to genetics to drug usage--CT does not cause mental illness.

Part of human nature is to attribute things to a higher power. In a paranoid schizophrenic, that aspect of the mind is out of control so that they are literally at the mercy of their mind. A lot of times, it translates to perceiving that that higher power is controlling the individual because they are not in control of their minds (aka "free will"). A paranoid schizophrenic could attribute themselves as struggling for self control with aliens, god, demons, the government, or whatever. The only reason why there would be any slight correlation between CT and paranoid schizophrenia is what I would call differential thinking. CT allows for more creative and out of the box thinking and that may appeal to a paranoid schizophrenic. It doesn't create it--the problem already exists. It just may "flavor" it.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Sorry but I don't buy that there are really that many people who aren't at least somewhat in control of themselves. Again, even with many thousands or millions of schizophrenics, we don't have murders all over the place by them. In fact, people who are deemed to be normal are more likely to murder someone.

Murder is usually a willful act. And hysterical fear of people who are a little nutty is (more often than not) misplaced.
edit on 20-12-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

Never said that all schizophrenics are capable of murder, now did I? You seem to really want to lump things into all or nothing categories that simply do not exist. The percentage of individuals who would be capable of such acts as the Tsarnaev's or any other individual that would capable of the murder of random people is, statistically speaking, very, very small. It'd be somewhere around 0.00000001% of a population. It is not the norm and never has been. Instead, such an individual is a statistical anomaly--an outlier.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join