It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA'S Unbelievable Letter To 18 Yr. Old Girl Who Was Attacked By Bear

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I hope that lady from PETA gets mauled by a bear. Is that so wrong?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
so PETA must stand for "pathetic entities troubling Americans "...next they will telling people to stay out of the woods for animal safety.....

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
PETA attacking girl - is okay in my opinion. They are entitled to, and the reason to write that letter seems legit to me, too. I wouldn't like to see my children attacked, too. And PETA is "famous" for defending the animal's side.

Mother bear attacking woman while protecting her cub - is F***ING okay with me! You go hunting, you have a hunting experience. You get bitten, you get mauled - well, you were on a hunt. And tried your luck against a mother protecting her child. Bad luck, that mom had teeth and claws.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

These people really made themselves look bad with this letter. 'Don't go hunt your own food - please buy the meat they abuse before killing and packaging it.' And this is a leader in their organization? I'm impressed an 18 year old girl knows how to hunt. Hopefully she fills her tags this season.

Thank you

I was thinking of this before I came back

PETA and others who are against people hunting for food.....food that is fresh untainted meat,
it has not been injected with antibiotics and numerous other shots, it has not been fed GMO grain, they have not been slaughtered and then through a packaging process, which adds water plus fillers while it loses nutrients in the process.
In cases where it's already pre-packaged, they have ammonia in it so it can keep it's color/shelf life.

So, don't hunt and kill deer/elk/bear even tho it's safer & tastier to eat than what you buy in a store [cow]
Buy the crap that's been processed to nothing..... from animals that had been killed too.
But treated more cruelly than a hunter with a bullet.

More power to this girl
Hope she can get back out there and hunt pretty soon

edit on 18-12-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Actually I'd say they're just against people eating any meat at all. They definitely don't want you to go buy meat from the store either...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Dcookelife

Actually I'd say they're just against people eating any meat at all. They definitely don't want you to go buy meat from the store either...

You're probably right.

My sister and her husband have chickens and rabbits both, due to the fact they don't like the process of chemicals that are put into our food. So they have fresh eggs, chicken meat and rabbit meat when they like.

Wonder if PETA has a problem with this too? Killing chickens or rabbits?

They also have a small garden that they tend to.

As it so happens, she works in the medical field and is very leery of our food supply --where it comes from and what's in it. They are dead set against GMO foods as well.

Yep, give me a fresh kill from the woods any day!!

edit on 18-12-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

snarky412
reply to post by Panic2k11

The point is:

The bear would have attacked regardless, whether hunting or not.
She was protecting the cubs.

And the letter was more concerned over the bear than the girl.
Only one sentence about 'hope you have a speedy recovery'
The rest was a LECTURE on animals and hunting.

In other words, to hell with humans, don't hurt bears.
And if you watched the video, you can see how narrow-minded and selfish the PETA representative is towards the girl being mauled.

Basically, PETA doesn't give a rats azz about the girl, only the stupid bear.

Completely agree.Nothing to do with her hunting.Peta disgusts me. I'm all for treating animals humanely and all that,but they ARE NOT above humans as these idiots and many like them like to think. I actually had a close enounter with a bear last year here in Florida. All I was doing was smoking a cigarette. Climbed a wall across the street then came charging up my driveway grunting and snorting.I hauled ass into the house.Got about half up drive way before it stopped.Don't know whether or not it cubs nearby or not. Definately a scary experience.

ETA : I guess the point of adding my experience with a bear is..they're just as much of a threat to us.They are a wild animal after all.
edit on 18-12-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Completely agree.Nothing to do with her hunting.Peta disgusts me. I'm all for treating animals humanely and all that,but they ARE NOT above humans as these idiots and many like them like to think. I actually had a close enounter with a bear last year here in Florida. All I was doing was smoking a cigarette. Climbed a wall across the street then came charging up my driveway grunting and snorting.I hauled ass into the house.Got about half up drive way before it stopped.Don't know whether or not it cubs nearby or not. Definately a scary expierience.

This wasn't you by any chance, was it?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Hahahaha. No. But I pretty much did the samething,without the phone !!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

LOSTinAMERICA
I hope that lady from PETA gets mauled by a bear. Is that so wrong?

Nope. Is it wrong I hope their followers get mauled a bear too?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I don't see anything really wrong with the letter.

You intend on killing animals, but think it's wrong if they nearly kill you?

I say this as a spearfisherman who enjoys killing my dinner. In White Pointer territory, mind you. If one day I get attacked by one, I will be the first to say I deserved it (assuming I live).

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

IT'S a wonder that PETA didn't DEMAND that she stake herself out in a field until the bear ate her totally.

What a clueless bunch of . . . well anyway . . . like CNN's founder who would like to 'come back' as a very deadly pathogen to help rid the world of humanity.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

snarky412
And I value human lives over wild animals any day of the week

Why?

Some people value the lives of children above adults too. And young adults over old adults. Take it further and you have some people that value the life of a white person over a black person. And of course, some value their own lives over that of others.

All life is equal.

ETA: And don't forget that our rulers value their own lives above yours and mine. Probably because they view us as... animals.
edit on 18/12/13 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

NuclearPaul

snarky412
And I value human lives over wild animals any day of the week

Why?

Some people value the lives of children above adults too. And young adults over old adults. Take it further and you have some people that value the life of a white person over a black person. And of course, some value their own lives over that of others.

All life is equal.

ETA: And don't forget that our rulers value their own lives above yours and mine. Probably because they view us as... animals.
edit on 18/12/13 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

No,not all life is equal. Not even close. Are all human lives equal? Yes.

Are animals on the same level as humans? No.Are plants on the same level as humans? No.

Just because something is alive,does not make it equal to me.

It boils down to the food chain.Survival of the fit.

That bear isn't going to think twice about tearing you apart.

Just like that shark you may come across in the ocean. It doesn't give a # you're a human. If it's hungry,it's going to attack you.Just like we do to them.
edit on 18-12-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
PETA are to animals rights groups what suicide bombers are to religion, extremists who make the rest of us animal lovers look bad.

the letter was sent with terrible timing and poor taste but that said she gets no sympathy from me, I can guarantee all of you on the girls side would also be the ones to say "shoot first ask questions later" if you found an intruder in your home near your children. The bear was being a bear, if the girl wasnt in the bears "home" it wouldnt have happened.

Other than the PETA letter I see this as a feel good story, shame it doesnt happen more often

Wild animals: 1
Human hunters: countless

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Why are people shocked, the girl was going hunting, and got hunted. She doesnt deserve any sympathy, and PETA have every right to suggest she look at it another way.

I'm not a vegetarian, and have no problem with people hunting for food. But at the same time you dont get any sympathy when the wildlife fights back.
edit on 18-12-2013 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

snarky412

Why would you call the bear stupid? The girl is as stupid as they come, with that false sense of victimization for getting bitten when trying to take the bear's life. I see nothing wrong with this PETA letter and I fully support it.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The father shot into the air... he never intended to kill the animal... what about that PETA ?

Havent had too much publicity lately, and had to bring yourselves back into the spotlights maybe?
Personally i m against hunting, even for population control, but i m much more against hypocrites and goody-two-shoes-people

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

SteveR

snarky412

Why would you call the bear stupid? The girl is as stupid as they come, with that false sense of victimization for getting bitten when trying to take the bear's life. I see nothing wrong with this PETA letter and I fully support it.

The article never said she was hunting 'bear'
She came across the bear while hunting and like similar situations when an unsuspecting human walks upon a momma bear, the bear will attack. Not many are fortunate enough to survive.

The purpose of the letter was to upset her, when in all reality it just makes PETA look like imbeciles
Not to mention hypocrites, when they are guilty of killing thousands of animals themselves.

The only motive to write that stupid letter was to get attention.
It's been a while since they got publicity, whether it's positive or negative, they don't care.

And people who are more sympathetic to a bear than over a human being's life, well, I just don't know what to say.

God help us all

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
She was allegedly hunting deer not bears.

She was attacked by a black bear. That is very rare. The most likely reason is that she was just too close to the momma bear's cubs.

In other words, it was an unfortunate accident. I don't think the girl 'deserved' any harm. Nor the bear. That said, yes if you go out hunting you run the risk of nature hunting you or retaliating or mom's getting defensive.

Oh and

Proud PETA member here. *In Cartman's voice* "Screw you guys".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join