It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America preps for major Nuke WAR

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
America is putting existing Star Wars technology on alert status. Missile defense in Alaska and CA will be "on-alert" early 2005. These systems are specifically designed to stop N Korea and Iranian missiles from hitting mainland america. We have stationed Aeges class crusiers off the coast of N Korea already. How soon will "D" day be?

www.spacedaily.com...

[edit on 19-11-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Is it really an 'alert' or are these pre-announced war games
and tests of the system?

I'm just happy that we still have our missile defense system.
If John Kerry had gotten in, we wouldn't have it. He promised
to cut it. (that, and a lot of our defense systems).

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
America is putting existing Star Wars technology on alert status. Missile defense in Alaska and CA will be "on-alert" early 2005. These systems are specifically designed to stop N Korea and Iranian missiles from hitting mainland america. We have stationed Aeges class crusiers off the coast of N Korea already. How soon will "D" day be?

www.spacedaily.com...

Where did you read that we would be on alert in 2005? It's a shakedown...re-read the article , please.

"The US missile defense system is still on track to go on alert by the end of this year and key US military commands are conducting "shakedown exercises"

"By the end of 2007, America's ground-based missile interceptors are scheduled to grow to 28 at both the Alaska and California launch sites."

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I didn't say "we" would be on alert. The system will be on alert status. With all the Iran and N Korea Nuke talk it is a interesting coincedence that there has been a rush to getting this system "on-alert".

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This idea of a North Korean or Iranian missile strike is completely nuts.

It is in fact, in my view, an indication of a total detachment from reality.

Never mind that Iran has neither the missile to strike the US nor the nuclear warhead.....and has just agreed to suspend nuclear enrichment processes and to a full inspection regime again.
(funny the timing of all this scary Iran stuff though, huh?)

Never mind that North Korea has neither the missile to hit the US nor a proven deliverable ballistic-delivery capable warhead (hell, we have no proof they actually have nuclear weapons, period) nor the inclination to even attempt to do such a thing....

.....in fact everything they ever say about this is always in the context of them being attacked first - just same as we in the 'west' all do.

No matter how 'extreme' you fantasise the leadership of North Korea or Iran to be they have never given anyone any indication that they intend to suicide their nation and themselves.

.....oh, and never mind that there isn't actually a functioning 'star wars system' available anyhow; how many successful tests?.....I guess they are just reduced to flat out lying to the US public now?

(Even Hitler wasn't prepared to go that far - read about the German nerve gases and Churchill's response to this rumoured threat, he said he would drench Germany from end to end with anthrax if Germany attempted to use this new weapon)

[edit on 19-11-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Both N Korea and Iran are already praticing nuke blackmail. They don't have the ability "yet" to hit mailand america. But data does indicate they are close. The data is not reliable enough on which to stake the lifes of millions. They is little doubt the US and/or Israel is going to make sure Iran doesn't have the capability. N Korea has already fired a missile close to Hawaii. N Korea is also cash poor and have large stockpiles of Pu to sell. Iran has dreamed of having the Islamic "bomb" for sometime now. The puzzle isn't complete yet. But the end picture is clear.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
...thanks to those who voted Bush

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Yes, I voted for GW....Twice. He has the right idea. Eliminate terror, kill or put tyrants on trial. Keep MY America safe. If you libs are nice I will share MY America with you. MY America allows this very forum to exist.

This thread is about SDI being real, and thank God, RR, and GW that it is.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You can have him, Dr....You're going to wipe all terrorists from the face of the earth, right?
And in doing so, you'll wipe 1/2 of the world population, right?
I must say you have a rather humane outlook as does Bush, pitty.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Both N Korea and Iran are already praticing nuke blackmail.

- What "blackmail"?

Is this the kind of blackmail that speculates on maybe they'll fire this very detectable and tracable missile at the USA to generate a strike in kind and with overwhelming force.

That's not actually blackmail at all.
That is a dumb fantasy that is never going to happen.

They don't have the ability "yet" to hit mailand america. But data does indicate they are close.

- Well for those determined to persue these wars I suppose no matter what the data actually says it will always be sufficient, just cos they aren't 'on the USA's side' is enough, right?

The data is not reliable enough on which to stake the lifes of millions.

- Oh yes, back to the idea that they'd suicide their nation just to 'let one off'. Jayzuss.

They is little doubt the US and/or Israel is going to make sure Iran doesn't have the capability.

- No. The way the USA and Israel are going about it is the way to guarantee they try to get nuclear weapons.
Europe on the other hand actually has shown very recently how to make sure what you fear does not happen.

N Korea has already fired a missile close to Hawaii.

- So? This proves nothing nuclear.

In any event their arsenal compared to the US's is.....how tiny?

N Korea is also cash poor and have large stockpiles of Pu to sell.

- .....and you'd know this for a fact, right?
Cos the governemnts of the world don't soak up this stuff quietly as the years go by at all do they? No sting operations, no false flag buyers, none of that, eh?

Iran has dreamed of having the Islamic "bomb" for sometime now.

- What, like our friends the Pakistanis and their actaully existant Islamic bomb?

The puzzle isn't complete yet. But the end picture is clear.

- Oh yeah, it's clear enough all right.
Any excuse to launch an unprovoked attack on Iran will do.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
You can have him, Dr....You're going to wipe all terrorists from the face of the earth, right?
And in doing so, you'll wipe 1/2 of the world population, right?
I must say you have a rather humane outlook as does Bush, pitty.

Nothing wrong with culling the population.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Yes, I voted for GW....Twice. He has the right idea. Eliminate terror, kill or put tyrants on trial. Keep MY America safe. If you libs are nice I will share MY America with you. MY America allows this very forum to exist.

This thread is about SDI being real, and thank God, RR, and GW that it is.

His right idea is to get richer while bringing down the country. Eliminate terror right. Where did Bin Ladin go? Keep America safe. Why is that 2 blocks from the capital there are murders, and drug deals going on 24/7.Why do drugs come into this country? Why is it possible to sneak in a Nuclear,Biological or Chemical weapon in this country? Why did 911 happen in the first place? Because im a nice person I am allowing you to breath the same air that I breath. The Internet does not belong to America. I wounder how come most of the people I know that voted for bush are backward rednecks.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Europe is now and has to date always run and hid from reality. You can't deal with a terrorist by hiding or buying them off. Heck, Saddam bought off a big chunk of the EU. Why is France still testing Nukes? Why not just disarm all of the EU. When evil is standing in front of you loading his gun you better do something before he gets finished.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think the risk is real to the US of a nuclear strike from North Korea in the future. Certainly not probable but within the realms of possibility. Iran is the real problem. They would love to have a nuclear exchange with Israel. Israel is the only jewish state on the planet and they could easily wipe it out in a matter of hours if they produce the weapons.

Don't be fooled by the new agreement with Europe to allow inspections. They just need to buy 2-3 more years and they will have the warheads to trade Iran for Israel which is a great bargain for the arab world. Any plans for Israel to employ a missile defense system? This head-fake by Iran is going to make it very hard for Israel to launch a pre-emptive strike now. Saddam taught them well.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Europe is now and has to date always run and hid from reality. You can't deal with a terrorist by hiding or buying them off. Heck, Saddam bought off a big chunk of the EU. Why is France still testing Nukes? Why not just disarm all of the EU. When evil is standing in front of you loading his gun you better do something before he gets finished.

Are you sure that the US is "dealing" with the terrorists? Seem to making more of them from here
I'm sure you'll find a "MADE IN THE USA" somewhere on Saddam and OBL

The US should have their preperations for Nuclear War perfected by now, afterall aren't they the only nation to have used them in war

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

what a joke....come and disarm us, please

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
DrHoracid, so you are implying that there WILL be a nuclear war. I don't think you need to include
the word 'major' in your thread title. A nuclear war is a nuclear war.

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Point well taked. Nuke war is enough. My point was that so much has been made of suitcase nukes lately and that missile based nukes are a little bigger. Hence "major". Poor writing and forethought on my part.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrdependable
Don't be fooled by the new agreement with Europe to allow inspections. They just need to buy 2-3 more years and they will have the warheads to trade Iran for Israel which is a great bargain for the arab world. Any plans for Israel to employ a missile defense system? This head-fake by Iran is going to make it very hard for Israel to launch a pre-emptive strike now. Saddam taught them well.

Yes i was amazed when i saw the large WMD stockpile that Iraq had ammassed. Israel on the other hand had a terrible WMD program that amounted to next to nothing. I'm sure glad we got rid of the huge nuclear threat that Iraq was to the rest of the world

Lets not kid ourselves, Iraq will be a better place because we got rid of Saddam but they were hardly a nuclear threat when compared to nations like Israel and Pakistan. Non-proliferation means stopping all countries getting nuclear weapons as to not start regional nuclear arms races, the rule must applied to everone.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but all signs point to the US not being a super power in 15 years wether you like it or not.

Sminkey Pinkey, I agree with you. North Korea, Iran... whatever. It's just a game to make people afraid enough to make them ignor facts like last time to give the US support to going to war again.

There is a pattern in history since the 100 years war. Not 100%, but pretty damned close. Whenever two nations have gone to war, one is usually the aggressor, one is defending themselves. The attacker almost ALWAYS looses. The US has always retaliated in defense for itself or in defense for another country. The only two times where the US has attacked unprovoked was IRAQ, and VIETNAM. You could argue that vietnam we were in defense of south vietnam. But if you've done any research on the topic at all, you'd know the south vietnamese didn't really want it, and we were there to "stop communism." The second time was the Iraq-afghanistan warl, still yet to come to a conclusion. In the first gulf war, we were helping Kuwait with a UN coalition. Objective, liberate Kuwait and destroy Iraq's forces. Job done. The US will eventually loose in Iraq.

Nuclear weapons... don't be afraid of them. You will die by one before your brain can register the pain. I think the US, in general, is way too afraid. There is no blackmail. Sure Kim Jong Ill is a little nuts. But I doubt hes willing to suicide the nation. Bush is literally the dumbest president in US history. I do not want someone representing me when his IQ is 35 points lower than mine.

Thankyou.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join