It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Campus Police Gun Down Honor Student

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I see these stories and wonder what happened to the days the law had to see a weapon before they could even consider pulling their sidearm. The new ways of doing things the law started in the mid 80's have done nothing to curb the killing of law enforcement personnel. In the same area, cop killings of citizens has gone up 10 fold. Sorry if this is posted. Didn't see it.
MySanAntonio

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

While it certainly seems like another case of excessive force the story so far is in it's infancy so the details are too little to form an opinion.

If you see updates let us all know.

Also this is all conjecture from this point forward as the story has little information so far:

I have lived in San Antonio and the area where this happened is very old money posh. From the sound of it this was a more or less retired peace officer working as security guard. I will make a bet that he overreacted and used excessive force because he is a bored old cop working for an overpriced school. He shouldn't have engaged this guy if he was too out of shape to handle it without shooting.

It just happened the kid he shot is an honor student. Had it been a highschool drop out I doubt this would have made news.

join