It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voices on Video Clip....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Don't know if this is the correct Forum for this question. Move if you have too.

-

I have a home movie on a CD i made a couple of years ago at Christmas. I managed to film it fine but, the sound is terrible. I can make just make out what people are saying but not that great. You need to turn the sound up really loud to make it out.

Is there any Technology in this world that would help me improve the sound? Even if it was something like subtitles recognition, if that exists? Would help a lot.

Any Idea?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

Actually, yes. You can download a free program from Sourceforge called Audacity. You can improve the audio levels from within Audacity. There are a lot of tutorials online for doing just this.

If you need help, I would be happy to assist. I've had to do this many times with recordings that were taken in large conference spaces, etc.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Thanks Freakjive, I'll check it out and get back to you!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Audacity can increase the volume on a video clip?

edit on 17-12-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Yeap. You can import the audio from the video and do just that. You can then re-synch using multiple free software products including Windows Movie Maker. It's much easier than most would think. I'm happy to help if anyone needs it.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Well then thats a no. Audacity can not adjust the volume on an audio clip.

-What your talking about is saving the audio as a separate file using audacity
-changing the volume on that file.
-using another unnamed program to then recombine the audio and video.
-save the combined audio and video as a new file.

Why not just use windows movie maker to change the audio volume on the video?

- load the video into movie maker
- click edit
-change the volume
-save the file

That only takes one program that is already part of window 7 and no messing about

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I offer Audacity as a better solution as the audio quality will be much improved over WMM. You can adjust the individual levels of the audio and reduce unnecessary background noise, etc. The additional time will be less than a few minutes (given the video isn't huge in size) for the re-synching and re-render. You will end with a much better quality product than simply using WMM to increase all volume on the video.

To each their own, but what I offered as a solution is not only simple but very effective.

new topics

top topics

join