It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark Has Been Found. Why Are They Keeping Us In The Dark?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
For me, this story doesn't change anything with regard to my personal beliefs. Could this be the final resting spot of Noah's Ark? Sure, why not? Does it matter if it is or isn't? Nope, not even a little bit.

People that believe (of which, I am one) in the story of Noah, and in the Bible in general, will take this (or have, as this is an old story) and hold it aloft as proof, while those that do not, will hold the opposing articles as proof that it is a natural formation and in no way indicative of Biblical truth.

So ultimately, while everyone may find this story interesting for one reason or another, it will not change a person's sincerely held beliefs. Why? Because believing this story requires faith in the honesty of the people behind it.

I personally don't give a rat's hairy little behind whether the remains of the Ark are ever found, because I know that it will never change the minds of true skeptics.

Naturally, As a Christian, I'd love for every human being on Earth to believe in the same God as I do, but that will never happen.

As a side note, I would also not care in the slightest about claims of finding Christ's actual cross, the Ark of the Covenant, the Holy Grail, or the Spear of Destiny for that matter. Would those be fascinating finds? Yes, but not really world-changing in any way.

There will ALWAYS be someone somewhere that discounts the finds as either mistakes, or outright fabrications.

Choose to believe that this is the Ark of Noah if you wish, but honestly, what part of your daily life will be altered even if it was?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Also Wyatt's archaeology team found the skeleton of a boat by using some kind of ground x-ray technology at the site mentioned in the OP. The boat's width and diameter meet the exact specifications given to Noah in the Bible. They also found anchor stones as described in the Bible with Latin engravings commemorating Noah and his family. They also found metal washers made in ancient fashion (melted down in fire) with some kind of sap on them.
edit on 17-12-2013 by ghostfacekilah00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos
For me, this story doesn't change anything with regard to my personal beliefs. Could this be the final resting spot of Noah's Ark? Sure, why not? Does it matter if it is or isn't? Nope, not even a little bit.

People that believe (of which, I am one) in the story of Noah, and in the Bible in general, will take this (or have, as this is an old story) and hold it aloft as proof, while those that do not, will hold the opposing articles as proof that it is a natural formation and in no way indicative of Biblical truth.

So ultimately, while everyone may find this story interesting for one reason or another, it will not change a person's sincerely held beliefs. Why? Because believing this story requires faith in the honesty of the people behind it.

I personally don't give a rat's hairy little behind whether the remains of the Ark are ever found, because I know that it will never change the minds of true skeptics.

Naturally, As a Christian, I'd love for every human being on Earth to believe in the same God as I do, but that will never happen.

As a side note, I would also not care in the slightest about claims of finding Christ's actual cross, the Ark of the Covenant, the Holy Grail, or the Spear of Destiny for that matter. Would those be fascinating finds? Yes, but not really world-changing in any way.

There will ALWAYS be someone somewhere that discounts the finds as either mistakes, or outright fabrications.

Choose to believe that this is the Ark of Noah if you wish, but honestly, what part of your daily life will be altered even if it was?

There's no real reason to suspect that there's even a reason to suspect that the ark was real.
edit on 17-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Bilk22
Well that's not quite a scientific paper now is it? It's doubtful the person that wrote it even had access to the materials as everything they wrote is anecdotal and not direct. Their conclusion was based on analysis of the pictures from the original article and their opinion of the geology of the area it was discovered in.

Hooked on phonics never made it to the mailbox did it? From the source material-

In the field, the supposed iron brackets have the outward appearance of pieces of black, metallic, elemental iron. The black, shiny surfaces, however, are characteristic of goethite (crystalline limonite), a hydrated iron oxide). This mineral is associated in the "structure" with black, ilmenitic, magnetite granules, and possibly pyrite or pyrrhotite because locally some sulfur is reported in chemical analyses. Both magnetite and goethite cause a metal detector to buzz just like elemental iron. Therefore, investigators might presume that they had found rusted iron metal (Wyatt, 1994). If Noah's ship builders had forged this supposed iron bracket in a primitive smelter, the bracket would not consist of iron that was thoroughly mixed with clay, quartz, calcite, and anthophyllite particles but would have been solid iron. In molten iron these matrix minerals would have been separated as slag or destroyed. Furthermore, scanning electron (SEM) chemical analyses of five different places in the iron bracket show the variability given in Table 2.

The reference to scanning electron microscopy indicates access to the material or at least the material analysis. The results of which show that the claimed materials are natural not man made. It's pretty cut and dry.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

ghostfacekilah00
Ron Wyatt also found the actual site of the Exodus crossing, complete with commemorative markers placed by King Solomon and Egyptian chariot parts from the dynasty of Moses' time on the floor of the sea, where there happens to be an underwater land bridge. He found the real Mt. Sinai, which is in Saudi Arabia surrounded by a military fence as well as stone altars with carvings as described in the Bible and the huge rock that Moses split in half and water poured out of which inexplicably has channels eroded by flowing water at its base. Mt. Sinai is charred black at the top by fire (he snuck over the fence to analyze the rocks), though nothing flammable is found there and no such feature exists in the surrounding area. He found Sodom and Gemorah (spelling could be wrong) which had been devastated by falling rocks of sulpher which completely covered both cities in inexplicable quantities, especially for the area, and had even melted the rock there. The sulpher was analyzed in a lab, which showed the it to be more pure and hot burning than any natural sulpher. Wyatt found the Arc of the Covenant deep within an underground cave system in Jerusalem. Blood had dripped from the surface through a crack and landed on the mercy seat of the arc, which had been uncovered so that the blood actually landed where the Jewish high priest used to sprinkle lamb's blood for the sins of Israel. Wyatt found that the crack started at the base of where he believes Jesus' cross was placed (there was an Earthquake at the moment of Jesus' death that split the Earth and destroyed the Jewish holy of holies). Wyatt had the blood analyzed by Israeli scientists, who found that the blood was still alive and contained only 24 chromosomes, 23 from the mother and one Y from a father. Apparently an angel told Wyatt that the world would not know of his discoveries until "the antichrist institutes the Sunday law." Those who won't believe will have no excuse. God is good.
edit on 17-12-2013 by ghostfacekilah00 because: (no reason given)

You're the first person I've ever seen on this site talking about Wyatt's findings. All the details you described are true and you can do a simple google search to find pictures or videos of all of them, even the scientific analyses, like the sulfur found at S&G that burns through metal like butter when ignited. I have never understood how Wyatt's findings are not world famous, but I think it might be part of God's plan, wanting to interfere in the free will of non-believers as little as possible. Same reason the Bible doesn't straight up say that the universe was created by a big bang 14 billion years ago before humans could have scientifically known this - we have to come to believe by experiencing and desiring the goodness of God in our hearts and lives.
The powers that be must be aware of Wyatt's findings though. The only finding of Wyatt's that I am not convinced of is the arc of the covenant, as there is no actual proof of the supposed blood test done by Israeli scientists and the picture Wyatt took of it is too blurry to clearly make out. But if it is true, it makes sense, and just proves how awesome God is and how perfect his plan for the salvation of all humanity is. It would be so interesting to see the world's reaction if Wyatt's findings became common knowledge
edit on 17-12-2013 by pauladaballa777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

freakjive
reply to post by AfterInfinity

"Again, I make no claims that this is true or not but it's worth discussing. All snarky replies aside."

You kinda did in the title.

edit on 17-12-2013 by Horus12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Horus12

freakjive

Again, I make no claims that this is true or not but it's worth discussing. All snarky replies aside.

I was under the impression that it's the board rules to copy the title of the article to the title of the thread.
edit on 12/17/2013 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

freakjive

Horus12

freakjive

Again, I make no claims that this is true or not but it's worth discussing. All snarky replies aside.

I was under the impression that it's the board rules to copy the title of the article to the title of the thread.

I would hope not, although it would not surprise me as the very content that helped to build this site is now banned.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

freakjive

I appreciate the additional links but there is nothing "proving" this to be bogus. Again, I make no claims that this is true or not but it's worth discussing. All snarky replies aside.

I personally do not believe the original tale of Noah's ark in the sense of the grandeur but the story came from someplace and that is worth the additional research into the matter.

Yes the story was stolen from older cultures

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

What if the found proof you had been lied to about god?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
How'd they get all those animals on that thing?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I see no actual proof either way. Where are the results of tests of objects they found. Determining if it is petrified wood is easy test.

Look we know that several great cities, including Alexandria were lost to great floods. We know there was a great flood in the ancient past. There are multiple threads here, one recent with great finds of ancient cities lost to flood.

So dismissing the ark so easily is just asinine to me. That is not saying this is it. The article says items were found, even if it was petrified being organic you could get DNA. So where are the test results.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

There's no real reason to suspect that there's even a reason to suspect that the ark was real.
edit on 17-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Except for the fact that it is mentioned in multiple ancient texts spanning 5 or more different cultures and religions...

I'd say that's reason enough to suggest that the deluge myth may at least be partially based in fact.

ETA: (And that is just the ark. The flood myth is present in hundreds of cultural myths all over the world)
edit on 17-12-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Horus12

freakjive

Horus12

freakjive

I would hope not, although it would not surprise me as the very content that helped to build this site is now banned.

OK heard this before, so please illuminate. What info is now banned. About what please.

Thank

The Bot

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Oh... hm. Interesting. I can't help but be reminded of the usual speculation as to the Ark's shape though, which is a rectangular box. Apparently such a shape would be the most practical when it comes to floating in tumultuous water for a long period of time.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Brandenburger was responsible for discovering the Cuban missile bases during the Kennedy era he concluded: "I have no doubt at all, that this object is a ship. In my entire career, I have never seen an object like this on a stereo photo."

So it was a ship.

These were the exact measurements mentioned in the Bible.

A ship the perfect size.

Remember that this object, if it is the Ark, is extremely old. The wood has been petrified

A ship the perfect size and petrified making it's age fit.

On the left is the bore hole [see below], followed by what turned out to be petrified animal dung, then a petrified antler and lastly a piece of cat hair.

With evidence of animals and in the right place even.

That settles it then. The flood is just a myth.

SnF
edit on 17-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Ho-hum, another thread with the usual suspects posting the usual comments, some of them not even denying ignorance. I just wish some of the comments would fall into a sarchasm.

Ron Wyatt, for all his critics, made a solid case for this object being the Ark of Noah. The world he floated away from was smaller and less mountainous than our present world, thus the discrepancy between the Ark's elevation and the present amount of water on our planet. Why does the event have to be repeatable to convince some of you?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I swear they said they found this ark about a decade ago, I don't remember exactly but it looked a lot like this, There was even a documentary made about for Channel 4 I think.

Or did I just dream that?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Again, if someone is going to believe the story of Noah's Ark, then they aren't allowed to just willy-nilly pick and choose the parts they want to believe and ignore the rest. This indentation on the hill can't be Noah's Ark, which is specifically indicated in the Bible as large and rectangular (not lenticular shaped) and roughly the size of a small football stadium. It was also made of wood, and not rocks identical to those found in the immediate area.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Lazarus Short
The world he floated away from was smaller and less mountainous than our present world, thus the discrepancy between the Ark's elevation and the present amount of water on our planet.

Where does it say that in the Bible? Or are we just making things up here?

Why does the event have to be repeatable to convince some of you?

Not everyone just believes things people say or write without questioning them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join