It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citing "ninja assasins" nearly half of police do not wear seatbelts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Driving around all day is pretty much the only thing that keeps being a cop on the most dangerous jobs list.

It's number #10 on the list. Right under trash collectors and salesmen. Both of those jobs derive their "dangerous" status from motor vehicle accidents. most dangerous jobs

Roughly half of officers don't wear seatbelts even though traffic accidents are now the leading cause of police duty deaths, according to a study by a California police training board.
link

Why would they intentionally boost their deaths in this way?

Because of ninjas of course:

Part of the problem is blamed on what experts call the myth of a "ninja assassin," an assailant whose ambush attack would leave officers vulnerable because their seat belts would interfere with their ability to get their gun.
Beware the Ninja

For all the "just want to make it home safe" nonsense used to justify tasering grandma and shooting your dog you'd think they'd have higher compliance numbers when it comes to wearing their seatbelts.

For comparison:

The nationwide seat belt use was 86 percent in 2012 as measured by NHTSA’s National Occupant Protection Use Survey (NOPUS).
link

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
That 'ninja' excuse is just plain hilarious.
Imagine trying to use such an excuse to the donut-gobbler that pulls you over for not wearing seatbelts!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

butcherguy
Imagine trying to use such an excuse to the donut-gobbler that pulls you over for not wearing seatbelts!

It'd have to apply, right?

"Officer, I'm carrying at 4 o'clock and need to be able to reach my firearm in case of a ninja ambush."

Of course you'd be given a pass. Morons have to look out for each other. The brotherhood of the moron extends beyond the brotherhood of the badge.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

butcherguy

The preferred term is "pastry enthusiast" if you please.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Part of the problem is blamed on what experts call the myth of a "ninja assassin," an assailant whose ambush attack would leave officers vulnerable because their seat belts would interfere with their ability to get their gun.

I'm not wearing my seat belt anymore because it might interfere with my need to run away from a badge wearing assassin.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

This just proves that cops are stupid. Have the morons forgot about this thing called the 21 foot rule. Basically it makes no difference if the cop is wearing his seat belt or not as long as his gun is holstered he's never going to be able to get it out in time anyways. Cops truly don't understand how real world violence works they think they do. They claim they to but prove time again that they simply don't know anything about the real world.

I call deaths on the job due to not wearing a seatbelt natural selection. They are supposed to die because they are of substandard intelligence to continue their damaging influence to the gene pool.
edit on 17-12-2013 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2013 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join