It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporter tries to get Suspected Robo-Caller to Admit She’s a Robot.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It's not scary and it's how a well trained call center agent should respond to calls that go off script.
It's also not hard to do speech rec via an IVR.

I don't get why people are acting like this is some amazing new thing. Any modern PBX with an ACD component has been able to do this , speech transcription and other similar things for the past 5-10 years.

It's not indicative of a robot but I know it is more exciting to think it is.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The people who are saying this is a real person and not some sort of automated system cannot be serious...I mean, either you guys are trolling very hard or very niave and can't tell the difference between an automated system/robot and a human voice.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

beatbox
The people who are saying this is a real person and not some sort of automated system cannot be serious...I mean, either you guys are trolling very hard or very niave and can't tell the difference between an automated system/robot and a human voice.

The people who are saying this is a robot cannot be serious. Either you have never been in a foreign staffed English speaking call center where they speak in a very robotic tone to try and help with pronunciation or you don't understand how vocal scripts in a call center works..

It goes both ways if you want to believe it's a robot then great..have at it.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

muzzleflash
Sorry but this is pretty ridiculous.

I listened to the calls last night, it's clearly a real person.
The amount of technical expertise necessary to create an AI program with this level of sophistication is simply not reasonable for merely making annoying phone calls to promote health insurance.

The woman actually responded with different tonality and even questioned the guy several times.
She just didn't know she was suppose to repeat the EXACT words this guy kept asking. Obviously she was totally confused by his bizarre inquisition.

The odds of this being an automated voice are like 1% or less.
How did this get so many flags?

You folks are confusing me big time these days with things like this.

OH ...MY :.....GOd.

it still shows me how blind people are.

Dont you hear it? This is not a real person ..it maybe not a robot ..it could be just a board activated by a person whith accent but the answers are limited as you can clearly hear.

How def one must be to not hear this.....strange!!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

opethPA

beatbox

The people who are saying this is a robot cannot be serious. Either you have never been in a foreign staffed English speaking call center where they speak in a very robotic tone to try and help with pronunciation or you don't understand how vocal scripts in a call center works..

It goes both ways if you want to believe it's a robot then great..have at it.

You believe what you want buddy...what you eat don't make me #!!!

Hilarious, I've Never heard of any foreign person speaking in perfect English but then be able to change their tone to a robotic one to help with their speech....lol

Who do you thnk you are kidding? Knock it off....

Even if that was true, it still doesn't Change the fact that it couldn't answer simple questions...

edit on 19-12-2013 by beatbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

beatbox
Hilarious, I've Never heard of any foreign person speaking in perfect English but then be able to change their tone to a robotic one to help with their speech....lol

So in other words..you have never worked in an English speaking foreign staffed call center..

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

opethPA

beatbox

So in other words..you have never worked in an English speaking foreign staffed call center..

see my last sentence...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I once had a cam girl bot message me on a dating website, and bungled it up so bad that at one point a human took over.

Pretty obvious that's at least a recording if not and AI robot. At least no one has claimed a FAKE!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

beatbox
see my last sentence...

That's because typically a call center agent will have a script they work from ..
If customer complains about billing say lines 2-3 for example.
When you deal with foreign staffed call centers you are dealing with agents that already are hesitant in how they speak so they often will slow down their pacing..

whatever..it doesn't matter..

beyond that..why is it surprising ? IVRs have been doing this for years now..Hell I'll pull a script together on my test IVR in a few minutes and if you don't say the keywords I look for in the allocated time I can make it say 1+1 = potato if i record that as an answer.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

muzzleflash
Sorry but this is pretty ridiculous.

I listened to the calls last night, it's clearly a real person.
The amount of technical expertise necessary to create an AI program with this level of sophistication is simply not reasonable for merely making annoying phone calls to promote health insurance.

The woman actually responded with different tonality and even questioned the guy several times.
She just didn't know she was suppose to repeat the EXACT words this guy kept asking. Obviously she was totally confused by his bizarre inquisition.

The odds of this being an automated voice are like 1% or less.
How did this get so many flags?

You folks are confusing me big time these days with things like this.

Check this out… spend some time with it… and then begin accusing it of being a computer

www.cleverbot.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

pasiphae
this is the most ridiculous thing i've seen in a long time on ATS. first off.... does he just record EVERY call that comes to his house because he starts recording before she says anything. how does he KNOW what is getting ready to be said? then he asks if she's a robot pretty quickly. does he ask every person that he doesn't personally know "are you a robot?" if they call him? this seems like he's playing a prank. or they are BOTH playing a prank. not to mention i've talked to IT guys that sound like robots and have awkward pauses and uncomfortable laughs when i start getting snippy with them.

The reason he knew to record was because he called "her". If you're going to start tossing accusations around, it would behoove you to at least read the source article. I, also, am surprised by the number of people who have expressed that they think this is a real person. If you listen to the call all the way through, it's patently obvious that it's either a person using a soundboard or some type of automated system.

TIME Washington bureau chief Michael Scherer got the initial call from Samantha on his cell phone, and although she sounded somewhat like a real person who wanted to talk about healthcare, he quickly deduced that she was definitely a robot.

Scherer and his colleagues called her number back multiple times and made some recordings — she can sort of carry on a real conversation, and parts of it are convincing — she laughs naturally and has a few different responses to the word "robot."

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think it would be funny if it WAS a real person who was intentionally trying to sound LIKE a robot.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Skynet in the making...? 61% of the Internet traffic seems to coming from Internet bots if they already starting to call on their own then . They might just as well call some military factory to build sophisticated weaponry for them to use. Maybe the internet is creating consciousness. .?
edit on 0b53America/ChicagoFri, 20 Dec 2013 08:03:53 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 20 Dec 2013 08:03:53 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Samantha West, the American telemarketing robot who denies she is a robot, does not live or breath or think for herself. Instead, she functions much like a remote-controlled car, directly operated by a real person working in a call center outside the United States, says a representative of the company who controls her, Premier Health Plans, Inc.

Rasman said that Samantha West is not a robot but a computer program used by telemarketers outside of the United States—he would not say where–to allow English speakers with thick non-American accents to sort through leads to find real prospective buyers before passing them off to agents back in the United States.

newsfeed.time.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I agree with Muzzleflash for a change. XD

I am not sure this a robot at all, I think it is also a real person sticking to a script. It would have be the most sophisticated AI program in the world.

There are tonal changes in the answers, and nothing is repeated twice. IN the second video posted, she is even like, ok? like wth?

She won't answer and say I am a robot because she thinks this is a joke and doesn't want it recorded to have it come back in some form later.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

nixie_nox
I agree with Muzzleflash for a change. XD

I am not sure this a robot at all, I think it is also a real person sticking to a script. It would have be the most sophisticated AI program in the world.

There are tonal changes in the answers, and nothing is repeated twice. IN the second video posted, she is even like, ok? like wth?

She won't answer and say I am a robot because she thinks this is a joke and doesn't want it recorded to have it come back in some form later.

There were very few tonal variations of the phrases "she" said, and the EXACT phrases were repeated a number of times.
It's definitely not a "live" person. It's either a robot or pre-recorded words and phrases triggered by a non-English-speaking worker. But obviously they DO speak English because they are responding to the questions asked.

Why do you assume it would be the most advanced AI robot ever? There have been systems in place such as this for years. Whenever I phone my local council I have a conversation with a machine for about the first 5 minutes before I can get through to a real person.

There is no question that this is not a real live person. Notice the lack of ambient noise in the background. Do you think non-English speaking workers all have their own private soundproof offices?

edit on 27-12-2013 by GalaxyEyes because: Just added an 's'

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Read the post above yours and check the link. She's a soundboard operated by a foreigner, probably some unfortunate devil working in a call-center in Mumbai or someplace.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Pretty creepy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join