It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Discover a Jewel at the Heart of Quantum Physics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Boscov
Hard not to get excited about a unifying theory, especially with many more discoveries to be made by unlocking gravity and in a sense, allowing ourselves a chance to test our new understandings free of the chains of space and time.

I dunno, I think we have to get past the greed and corruption long before we ever become free of the chains of space and time. We need to be free of ourselves first.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

I agree. Imagine what greed and corruption would be with unlimited resources and vast expanses to traverse. However, I was referring to the chains that shackle our minds and restrict our ability to think beyond our limited understanding of physics. In no way would I suggest humanity should put the cart before the horse, but it is what we do as a whole. So, yes, we have much in-house keeping to attend to before we go gallivanting about the cosmos...but that won't happen before someone or more likely, some corporation or agency decides to take it out for a ride.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Boscov

no quarreling here my friend.
I think we conceptualize, based on our personal understanding of things.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Boscov
reply to post by OneManArmy

I agree. Imagine what greed and corruption would be with unlimited resources and vast expanses to traverse. However, I was referring to the chains that shackle our minds and restrict our ability to think beyond our limited understanding of physics. In no way would I suggest humanity should put the cart before the horse, but it is what we do as a whole. So, yes, we have much in-house keeping to attend to before we go gallivanting about the cosmos...but that won't happen before someone or more likely, some corporation or agency decides to take it out for a ride.

I dont doubt that for a second.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

spacedoubt
reply to post by Boscov

no quarreling here my friend.
I think we conceptualize, based on our personal understanding of things.

Very insightful and well said. I concur and tip my hat to you.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

JadeStar

Some excerpts from the paper:

edit on 16-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

Soooo....

Met'at'tron's Cube is at the heart of particle physics is it? or Gravity Propulsion whatevers?

That's some # to think about man...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Excellent find. S n F for you!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Thank you Slayer - you just blew my mind. I read the article, and this is the part that did it:

"In keeping with this idea, the new geometric approach to particle interactions removes locality and unitarity from its starting assumptions. The amplituhedron is not built out of space-time and probabilities; these properties merely arise as consequences of the jewel’s geometry. The usual picture of space and time, and particles moving around in them, is a construct."

So everything we see and feel and interact with on a physical level is merely a "by-product"?

Holy Crap...

Pardon me whilst I go freak out for awhile and let this sink in.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

followingpythagoras

So everything we see and feel and interact with on a physical level is merely a "by-product"?

I prefer to think of it as a cosmic theatre. Y'know, for s**** n' giggles.

'The Play's the thing'

"This creative activity of the Divine is called lila, the play of God, and the world is seen as the stage of the divine play. Like most of Hindu mythology, the myth of lila has a strong magical flavour. Brahman is the great magician who transforms himself into the world and then performs this feat with his "magic creative power", which is the original meaning of maya in the Rig Veda.

The word maya—one of the most important terms in Indian philosophy—has changed its meaning over the centuries. From the might, or power, of the divine actor and magician, it came to signify the psychological state of anybody under the spell of the magic play. As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya. (...) In the Hindu view of nature, then, all forms are relative, fluid and ever-changing maya, conjured up by the great magician of the divine play.

The world of maya changes continuously, because the divine lila is a rhythmic, dynamic play. The dynamic force of the play is karma, important concept of Indian thought. Karma means "action". It is the active principle of the play, the total universe in action, where everything is dynamically connected with everything else. In the words of the Gita Karma is the force of creation, wherefrom all things have their life."

—Fritjof Capra

edit on 16-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

edit on 16-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

In the Hindu view of nature, then, all forms are relative, fluid and ever-changing maya, conjured up by the great magician of the divine play.

VERY cool!

I wonder where we would be today if Einstein had been Hindu?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Beautiful thanks for that quote.

The Indian mystics say we are walking in the mind of Brahma.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

trollz

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's at least 3 old threads on this.

Well in that case Mods could we please close this thread?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

The OP is cool even though it's been mentioned before. Another quantum in the puzzle.

The post about the NASA physicist's star-ship design is interesting because it's shape roughly matches the supposed Roswell ship and the ships seen by K. Arnold over the cascades that started the whole UFO frenzy in the first place.

A winged disk, or delta shape... OT.. or not?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Hmmmm...dilithium crystals MAY be the heart of an interstellar ship after all?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Ahhh! The universe was created by a 4th grade girl!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

The revelation that particle interactions, the most basic events in nature, may be consequences of geometry significantly advances a decades-long effort to reformulate quantum field theory, the body of laws describing elementary particles and their interactions.

What is mind boggling is that they are just now discovering something that was written in many old textbooks centuries ago.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The phenomena source is an ancient Buddhist tantric symbol representing the source of all phenomena, also known as emptiness. See also heart sutra. The symbol is commonly seen flat but is intended to be 3D as a double tetrahedron with both tetrahedrons broad side up as illustrated in this tangka. The image of the deity within the double pyramid is also considered a representation of the state of the enlightened mind.

The "energy gate" (4th image down) is the correct configuration but upside down with added crystal.

The familiar merkabah is also a double tetrahedron but is not the same configuration as the one referred to in Buddhist tantric tradition.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I, for one, believe that science has been a lie since special relativity. I think relativity is an equation that describes what it seems is happening, not what actually is happening. And it's simply used as a convenient excuse for hiding the fundamental processes of the universe, which are known, but are kept closely guarded in the interest of profit for the short term, amassing of wealth and power.

Not a significant electrical discovery has been made since relativity. Tesla did nothing except feed pigeons after relativity. He was done. If you compare a Jr. high level math text from 1910 to those of today, you'll realize that we're really discouraged from learning and discovering how things really work.

One thing that I think needs to be universally understood, but is explained away by countless seeming logics, is that the expansion/inflation of the universe does not expand outside of us and our environment, we expand within the space. That is to say that as galaxies are moving away from each other, so are atoms, and the space between nuclei and electron clouds, and the space between quarks. Indeed everything in the universe is expanding at the same rate. If you exist in the space, you expand as the space expands, as does everything. If this was accepted as fundamental, there would be no need to add arbitrary numbers to equations in order to make them work. We mistakenly believe that the expansion happens everywhere but where we are, obviously still at the center of the universe. Gravity works when you consider matter in space expanding against space, creating a bowshock compression in all directions. The moon faces us on one side because that side is more dense than the dark side, like a duck floating on a pond. The moon rests on a sea of more densely compressed space, and it does not come closer to the earth because of it's buoyancy. But gravity backwards is still the same thing.

And stars do not consume matter, they create it by creating conditions that cause space to expand at a greater rate, causing the smallness of space to rapidly well up into it's larger manifestations, hydrogen, helium, and so on. On this principle, of creating conditions by way of resonant frequencies, scientists like Tesla and Farnsworth and others were able to create devices which provided a surplus of electrons over the power required to create the resonant frequencies.

The entire world is being screwed by intentionally bad science. They'll use the good stuff when there's only half a billion people left on the planet in a couple of hundred years. Free energy for the elite and their indentured populace.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join