It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message from The Qur'an

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Sk8ergrl

I'm sorry but killing someone is murder so you made no sense.

No, it's not. Learn the difference, and you will understand.

Yes I agree that this earth does have evil roaming around but killing is not the answer.

Perhaps if we say "pretty please, with unicorns and skittles on top" they will just stop and hang their heads in shame, eh?

They will be judged and karma will hit them twice as hard.

"Karma" my fuzzy fanny. "Karma" doesn't stop them from doing their thing. Dropping them in their tracks, however, does.

Yes I know that its hard to feel love and think positive in these times but that's what gets me by to think positive. I wish everyone the very best.

It's not at all hard to feel love - but it is misplaced when given to those who only mean you harm.

What makes you think I'm not positive? I think ending evil is a VERY positive goal!

Don't get me wrong - I'm GLAD there are people who think like you do. We need more of 'em. However, as long as predatory monsters are lurking about, as long as there are people who think like them, we're also going to need people who think like me - else the monsters will eat all of the people who think like you, because their defenses are lacking.

Then we won't have enough people who think like you, and the world will be a far worse place.

Karma will neither help nor harm that. Direct action will.

edit on 2013/12/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I starred your reply because your an honest person who would do anything to save someone and I respect that in a human. We both need each other on the same side and I'm glad that you are, you also know about survival which will come in handy when the time is here. I may not agree with killing but people who think like you do will some day save lots of lives against evil. Thank you for being you.

edit on 21/12/2013 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

chiram

Let’s admit it; the bible doesn’t really make sense to most people. Do you really understand it?

I like to think I do, but then there are millions of others in the same boat who don't think (religiously) the way I do, so who knows for sure?

Eventually, I suppose, we all WILL know, but for now we can only guess.

8 Love never fails: but where there are prophecies, they shall pass away; where there are tongues, they shall cease; where there is knowledge, it shall vanish away. 9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect comes, then that which is partial shall pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 1 Corinthians 13:8-12 (Revised King James New Testament)

Oddly enough, that is the ONLY passage of the Bible I have ever taught on inside a church, yet I keep on finding applications for it, even years and years later..

Most people interpret it literally; even Jesus spoke in parables to those who were considered unworthy of the knowledge.

Absolutely true.

Jesus says that he realizes they have Abraham as their ancestor, but Abraham was also a great prophet or mystic and if they were truly Abraham’s children, SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING, they would act as Abraham had taught.

And there is the key!

You are speaking of a literal, blood line descent from the original human, made by God, and therefore making all "children of God" by blood, children with a small "c". I, on the other hand, am speaking of the spiritual sense, Children with a capital "C", because that is what most of the New Testament, and most of Jesus' teachings as well, dealt with.

It's really a matter of the inheritance, I think, and the other "children of God" who elect to become Sons of Satan (capital "S", i.e. in the spiritual sense) are disinherited. I say "are" in the sense of "already have been, long ago, long before they were even born, and continue to be", but that's a whole 'nuther can of worms, probably best opened in another thread some time.

edit on 2013/12/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Nenothtu: And there is the key! You are speaking of a literal, blood line descent from the original human, made by God, and therefore making all "children of God" by blood, children with a small "c". I, on the other hand, am speaking of the spiritual sense, Children with a capital "C", because that is what most of the New Testament, and most of Jesus' teachings as well, dealt with.

It's really a matter of the inheritance, I think, and the other "children of God" who elect to become Sons of Satan (capital "S", i.e. in the spiritual sense) are disinherited. I say "are" in the sense of "already have been, long ago, long before they were even born, and continue to be", but that's a whole 'nuther can of worms, probably best opened in another thread some time.

No, that’s not it. This is what I’m trying to get across to you (below) who were the children of God versus the children of Satan (for reference only)

Children of Light and Children of Darkness – found in the ‘Gospel of Jesus’ P698 (no preview)

Those whose attention has been turned around and are facing God are of a different character from those whose attention is continuing to run out into the world. The lives of initiates have been brought under the jurisdiction of a Saviour who tempers everything with mercy, love and forgiveness. They are on the path back to God. The lives of others are determined by Satan, the Negative Power, and his rule of justice. They are on the path that meanders through the realm of birth and death.

Masters, therefore, make a distinction between those who are following the path to God and those who are following the mind, using various names to designate these two basic kinds of people and these two attitudes to life. In Jesus’ time, his followers were called the ‘children of light’, the ‘children of God’, the ‘little ones’, or the ‘little children’, contrasted with the ‘children of darkness’, the ‘children of the wicked one’, the ‘children of the disobedient’ and so on.

It should be said, of course, that a TRUE ‘child of the light’ – a true disciple – is very rare and since most disciples are still struggling with the outgoing tendencies of their minds, perhaps only a Master himself would really qualify for the name. The majority of disciples have yet to overcome the power of Satan, and dark traits will still lurk within them. They are no different from other human beings. But they are on the road to God and in that sense may be termed the “children of light’.

Neno I have a lot of respect for you, but geez thoughts of killing someone is totally way out. Can I get you to take a look at how bad thoughts affect us Here Page-369.

Best Wishes – Chiram.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It's not because Muhammad had 'visions'

That is the truth through your eyes like I said. Others see a different world, one where he did have visions.

... it's because he used the stories he had heard from those sources as a basis for his fiction. However ... that's where the similarities end.

You do not need to explain why you believe what you believe to me,

Everything is recycled from a time before,

Life comes from the life before.

The Christians have ONE God who manifests in three aspects ... Father, Son, HolySpirit. The Muslims do not. Christians worship Jesus as God Incarnate. Muslims do not. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Now you have jumped to the other side of the sea and are trying to argue an whole ocean of conflicts.

What I said was the same was what I was replying to being two little sentences saying the same thing from two different perspectives.

Message from Islam? Allah hates unbelievers.

is the same as saying

Message from Christianity? God loves all his children.

These are quoted from TheWrightWing posts on page 3.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It's kind of ridiculous to believe that a mass murdering liar (muhammad) would be visited by an angel with the only truth from Heaven. It's kind of ridiculous to believe the fabrications he invented about Jesus 600+ years after Jesus died. It's kind of ridiculous to believe Muhammads self serving 'visions' ... even his child-bride seemed to not buy into them.

As opposed to anything else one believes in from the opposing view.

Its all ridiculous,

Don't play stupid. The opening post isn't about 'pure monotheism'. It's proselytizing a fabrication with the threat of hellfire if you don't buy into the bunk.

Let go of your hate.

And the truth is that opening post quote of yours was nothing more than you proselytizing a hellfire threat made by a murdering thief and liar from 1400 years ago. That's the truth - like it or not.

This truth of yours is a great example of ones perspective who wishes to cause harm to others,

Your hate will hurt that which you love.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

chiram

No, that’s not it. This is what I’m trying to get across to you (below) who were the children of God versus the children of Satan (for reference only)

Children of Light and Children of Darkness – found in the ‘Gospel of Jesus’ P698 (no preview)

Those whose attention has been turned around and are facing God are of a different character from those whose attention is continuing to run out into the world. The lives of initiates have been brought under the jurisdiction of a Saviour who tempers everything with mercy, love and forgiveness. They are on the path back to God. The lives of others are determined by Satan, the Negative Power, and his rule of justice. They are on the path that meanders through the realm of birth and death.

Masters, therefore, make a distinction between those who are following the path to God and those who are following the mind, using various names to designate these two basic kinds of people and these two attitudes to life. In Jesus’ time, his followers were called the ‘children of light’, the ‘children of God’, the ‘little ones’, or the ‘little children’, contrasted with the ‘children of darkness’, the ‘children of the wicked one’, the ‘children of the disobedient’ and so on.

It should be said, of course, that a TRUE ‘child of the light’ – a true disciple – is very rare and since most disciples are still struggling with the outgoing tendencies of their minds, perhaps only a Master himself would really qualify for the name. The majority of disciples have yet to overcome the power of Satan, and dark traits will still lurk within them. They are no different from other human beings. But they are on the road to God and in that sense may be termed the “children of light’.

Now I am confused. The part you quote here seems to be saying that all people are born "good" as "Children of God", yet still have to be turned towards the "good" for some reason or other. What I believe is that all are born "bad" or "corrupt", and have to be turned towards the "good", else they live out their lives in default mode.

Neno I have a lot of respect for you, but geez thoughts of killing someone is totally way out. Can I get you to take a look at how bad thoughts affect us Here Page-369.

Best Wishes – Chiram.

I read it. That's all very well, but I personally cannot live with the thought of seeing someone do a horribly and irreversible intentional wrong to someone else who has done nothing wrong, and just standing by, doing nothing. It would kill my soul, sear my conscience, make me into someone else, someone with no conscience. To me, THAT would be a "bad thought", and yes, it would affect me greatly, and probably finish me off.

"Killing" is just that - ending the days of something or someone, no qualifiers. "Murder", on the other hand, is defined as an "unjustifiable homicide" - the killing of another human for no good reason. I could not, for example, just stand by and watch someone murder or attempt to murder someone else, then do nothing but walk away and shrug.

It would be the end of "me", and all that I am.

If that sends me to hell, then so be it. It would be where I belong. In the meantime, however, someone else gets to keep on living, and spreading whatever "good" they can into the world I leave behind.

What happens to me, whatever my final disposition, is inconsequential.

edit on 2013/12/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Nenothtu: Now I am confused. The part you quote here seems to be saying that all people are born "good" as "Children of God", yet still have to be turned towards the "good" for some reason or other. What I believe is that all are born "bad" or "corrupt", and have to be turned towards the "good", else they live out their lives in default mode..

You’re confused, how about your making me confused hahaha. As I said we can all learn from one another, no? I don’t profess to know all the answers. But you raised a good point there

The word “Children” in the bible and in the book I quoted, is I believe used as a metaphor in many different ways to describe Children as Disciples/Initiates, Children as chosen ones, Children of wrath, Children of Israel, Children of Abraham, again I don’t think the word “Children” should be taken literally, but used as a comparison. So in this context of the verse below:

At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, and said:

“Verily I say unto you, except ye be converted and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this (as a) little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 18:1-6)

It’s usually understood by people that ‘little children’ are born without sin and are innocent (based on the above verse) having no knowledge of “good and evil”. I think Jesus is using the metaphor of a little child being innocent and without sin as a model that everyone must follow. However your belief in that ‘everyone is born bad or corrupt’ is perhaps fashioned on the ‘Original Sin’ of Adam and Eve, then your view can also be correct.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join