It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

51 Sailors from USS Ronald Reagan Suffering Thyroid Cancer, Leukemia, Brain Tumors After Participati

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Hang in there bro..... hopefully everything will turn out fine!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is infinitely sad. I'm afraid what these sailors are going through is our future too. There have been spiking levels of radiation all over the country recently.

After the Fukushima incident, the EPA raised the acceptable level of radiation 100-fold. 93% of the nuclear reactors in America are leaking. The nuclear crisis, along with the GMO food crisis, are the 2 greatest threats to the future of mankind. My poor, young children will be growing up in a radioactive world. Life is short, too short to take for granted.

If only the nuclear issue was given the amount of press that Miley Cyrus' ass gets. Then maybe we could get something done. "Nothing to see here! Move along, move along, everything is fine!"

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

SirMike
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

Its amazing how many diseases you can contract when there is a lifetime disability check involved.

Are you calling these Navy personnel lairs? That's what it sounds like!!
Are these reports of radiation poisoning fabrications?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Lets just say we shall see. I think this is more of a case of an ambulance chaser looking for a payday.

Look at it like this, many of the effects of radiation poisoning take years, sometimes decades to develop. It took years for thyroid cancers to develop post Chernobyl

edit on 16-12-2013 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Given all the givens and the multiple sources of evidence . . .

Given the PTB and their priorities, habits, tendencies, goals . . .

I find such an attitude as your posts display much more in keeping with the globalist oligarchy than

remotely compassionate about the clearly injured.

The facts are not that complicated.

Even from news reports AT THE TIME, it was expected that such problems would arise with crewmen on the Reagan.

I find myself wondering . . . what the origin of your . . . perspective (to put it politely) might be.

Sheesh.

GRRRR

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This is a total horror..and its not just those poor saliors who will ultimately be affected-the radiation leaks have not stopped 3 years later,and nor have the oceans currents.
We are seeing a slow montion ELE I am sad to say.
It will affect people in Japan the US and elsewhere,and at the very least will decimate marine species at a time when they are hanging on by a thread.

A total horror.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It's a nuclear carrier... Therefore there should be logs of dosimetry of engineering personnel. Anyone that goes into reactor spaces or one of the adjacent plant spaces is supposed to have a dosimetry badge. The main intent of that is to show if there are any nuclear accidents that occur on the ship itself with its own reactors and limit crew exposure. Yet it should detect other exposure too, provided the signature is strong enough. If you want records that will show proof of exposure to anything radioactive and trends of exposure, that's probably one of the main ones to look at. I wonder if the lawyers have issued a summons to the officers and crew working in the ship's nuclear chemistry lab?

Ships may also have contamination detection kits topside, but from what I understand those typically aren't used unless there's threat of hostilities with chemical or other weapons. (But if expecting fallout from a failed reactor, they might brought out and used to detect that too.) I believe it's one of the systems associated with MOPP gear, where you have your gas mask and all that stuff.

Yet if the nature of the hazard was well known enough, you'd think they'd use weather and ocean current forecasting to position the ship out of the way of any known contamination plumes. Yes there is some need to be close to have good turnaround during an assistance operation (that's the whole point of using a carrier to provide aid during a disaster), but there isn't much excuse to be stupid about it.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
First off, it sounds a bit sensational.
No other ships reporting this? Carriers don't travel alone. There are 20+ ships traveling with a carrier and they are the only ship reporting illnesses? Has to be fake. Now if other ships in the group start reporting issues, then there might be something to it.
edit on 16-12-2013 by wrkn4livn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

The distance had to be reduced due to the weight of the water drops. The helicopters were unable to remain in flight for more then a few miles while carrying the additional weigh of the water, at the time, water had to be added or the whole reactor would have blown (ELE), the speed of water drops and the amount/weight therein were the determining factors as to the location of the carrier being in the danger zone.

It was more important to drop the cool water quickly, then to protect the sailors according to the commanders of the mission. At the expense of the enlisted crewmen (and subsequently my brother).

To a degree I can understand that thinking, "get cool water on the reactor or we all die, even if we are in harms way while accomplishing the mission".

Of course the officers had protection, so there necks were not on the line, only those of their crew. I suppose if the sacrifice of these sailors saved several thousand/million lives it is "worth it", but it is hard to have this opinion when your brother was one of the sailors.

Tragic, and sad.

God Bless,

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

ElohimJD
reply to post by pauljs75

The distance had to be reduced due to the weight of the water drops. The helicopters were unable to remain in flight for more then a few miles while carrying the additional weigh of the water, at the time, water had to be added or the whole reactor would have blown (ELE), the speed of water drops and the amount/weight therein were the determining factors as to the location of the carrier being in the danger zone.

It was more important to drop the cool water quickly, then to protect the sailors according to the commanders of the mission. At the expense of the enlisted crewmen (and subsequently my brother).

To a degree I can understand that thinking, "get cool water on the reactor or we all die, even if we are in harms way while accomplishing the mission".

Of course the officers had protection, so there necks were not on the line, only those of their crew. I suppose if the sacrifice of these sailors saved several thousand/million lives it is "worth it", but it is hard to have this opinion when your brother was one of the sailors.

Tragic, and sad.

God Bless,

Anybody flying directly over the exposed rods would be long dead by now.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

I don't know the flight paths of the water drops, or whether any were directly over exposed rods, I was only explaining why the carrier had to be so close to the reactor for such a long period of time, in response to a post suggesting they should have chosen a safer location to set up shop.

This is the same factor as to why only the Reagan was exposed to this degree of radiation and not the entire ship envoy. The remaining ships protecting the Reagan were left at a safe range, while the carrier went into the frey so the water drops could keep the rods from being exposed long enough for the back up pumps to go live.

God Bless,

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I find it interesting these news stories don't go into mainstream media....

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

ElohimJD

The crew were misinformed about the dangers of working in a radioactive environment and safety procedures would have been too costly to follow for your government as well as any health insurance to deal with thereafter. If radiation procedures were followed, the mission would be slowed by this practice as well as the crew would have been terrified for their own lives and may have objected to the mission.

It was a mean mission to send lives of the misinformed and unprotected. I feel bad for those who were exposed and now are suffering because of this malpractice of the government.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

TwoTonTommy
This is infinitely sad. I'm afraid what these sailors are going through is our future too. There have been spiking levels of radiation all over the country recently.

After the Fukushima incident, the EPA raised the acceptable level of radiation 100-fold. 93% of the nuclear reactors in America are leaking. The nuclear crisis, along with the GMO food crisis, are the 2 greatest threats to the future of mankind. My poor, young children will be growing up in a radioactive world. Life is short, too short to take for granted.

If only the nuclear issue was given the amount of press that Miley Cyrus' ass gets. Then maybe we could get something done. "Nothing to see here! Move along, move along, everything is fine!"

93% leaking I sure would like to see that list. As you have read the water wasn't drank. it would hard to believe any radiation could get near an AC without being noticed.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This are devastating news, for any military and civilian people that were doing rescue missions during this time in Japan, I can only imagine what has been left out from the news in order to do damage control of the real situation after Japan meltdown.

If we are now hearing about soldiers aboard ships having side effects of radiation can you imagine how many hundred of thousand of people in Japan are sick and dying from it?

Then is the babies that will be born with all kind of health problems, remember Chernobyl?.

Incredible.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

There is no way to make sense of todays world Marg,unless you look at it upside down.
Then it makes sense-we live in a weird dimension where everything nasty and bad is actually good.

According to our hive-We have to chuck our previous moral notions out the window,and say wow the world is now backwards.

Then we have to grab back our morals before they float away,and rectify the craziness.

Sorry,this may sound insane.Maybe not my best post.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

SirMike
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

Its amazing how many diseases you can contract when there is a lifetime disability check involved.

That's the long and short of it IMO. I've heard from Navy personnel who also think it's a total crock. Maybe that lawyer that runs enenews put them up to it?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
All I can think of is that those types of cancer are impossible to fake, on the other hand the OP's link is setting fireworks off on my Kaspersky anti virus and when I tried to find more about the author whom happens to be a guest author the lights really went off.

Blocked 4 Trojans in less than 30 seconds.

Just thought I would toss this into the mix,
Interesting thread if this turns out to be true then I suggest to all get away from the west coast.
But time will tell as it always does here on ATS.

Regards,Iwinder

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I just had a quick look and somehow ended up with a link to the Hal Turner Radio Show.

Form rational wiki:

Hal Turner
Hal "from North Bergen" Turner (born 1962) is a seriously deranged neo-Nazi jerkwad/FBI snitch from North Bergen, New Jersey, former good friend of Sean Hannity,[1] shortwave radio reject, and a /b/tard punching bag. Turner is known for openly endorsing the murder of non-whites and people who are "pro-immigration", and he frequently called for the assassination of US officials whose views he despises, even posting their names and addresses on his website.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
That's not possible because as Ann Coulter told us radiation is actually good for you. We should let all the reactors melt down so that we can all enjoy improved health.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join