It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Scientist Proposes UFO Propulsion System using Magnetohydrodynamics

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

According to french scientist the heat barrier, resulting from shock waves, is the main problem to overcome in hypersonic flight. Shock waves start from the intersection of Mach waves, but it is shown that a suitable electromagnetic force field can modify the pattern.

Source : www.ufo-blogger.com...

edit on 16-12-2013 by awakehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by awakehuman

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
When he has a working model I will gladly give him attention.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

awakehuman
Magnetohydrodynamics
heat barrier
shock waves
hypersonic
Mach waves
force field
MHD wall generator
limited recompression

Word stuffing.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

alfa1

awakehuman
Magnetohydrodynamics
heat barrier
shock waves
hypersonic
Mach waves
force field
MHD wall generator
limited recompression

Word stuffing.

What you are trying to prove ?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Magnetohydrodynamics dynamical relaxation of coronal magnetic fields

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Here is more on it www.ualberta.ca...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

awakehuman

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Please show where those sources agree with the person in your OP.

His point was that the author of that simply took a bunch of words that sound sciencey and strung them together.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

awakehuman

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Please show where those sources agree with the person in your OP.

Agreed I'm afraid, I can't see the link between that article and the original one.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Assuming UFO's are real, they are typically said to be completely silent, meaning they do not produce shock waves for some reason. My guess would be because they don't travel through space, the space moves around the craft due to some sort of warp drive mechanism. That could also possibly explain how UFO's can make sharp turns at break neck speeds without killing the alien pilots. As far as I can see the information provided in the OP's sources doesn't explain any of this stuff.
edit on 16/12/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I don't think that the case here. Check out the PDF www.scribd.com... and learn more about French Scientist Proposes UFO Propulsion System before alleging "author of that simply took a bunch of words that sound sciencey and strung them together. "

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

UFO's are real.

It doesn't have to be a flying saucer to be real. IE, a secret plane seen is classed as a UFO.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

awakehuman

adsabs.harvard.edu...

What does a paper on solar coronal response to magnetic fields have to do with UFO's or the French guy in the OP?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

awakehuman
What you are trying to prove ?

Trying to thwart your effort.

Must be onto something.

S & F

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

awakehuman

Item A & B is the SCRAM Jet that NASA tested two years ago over the Pacific Ocean. It was on the MSM.

BTW! It did MACH 14...............before running out of fuel and crashing into the ocean.
edit on 16-12-2013 by thestillborn1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

thestillborn1

awakehuman

Item A & B is the SCRAM Jet that NASA tested two years ago over the Pacific Ocean. It was on the MSM.

BTW! It did MACH 14...............before running out of fuel and crashing into the ocean.
edit on 16-12-2013 by thestillborn1 because: (no reason given)

Mach 14? Try just over Mach 5 in it's final test...

Source: Space.com

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

No, in this case it's not baloney, it's plausible physics.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

draknoir2

awakehuman

adsabs.harvard.edu...

What does a paper on solar coronal response to magnetic fields have to do with UFO's or the French guy in the OP?

Absolutely nothing. Unfortunately all too often people don't understand what they are reading and cut and paste it as evidence of some dubious claim.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
A reminder of where things stand with regards to exotic propulsion for interstellar travel.

MHD is not listed on there because it would not produce speeds fast enough to be considered interstellar capable.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by awakehuman

We can build vimanas-a machine that can ride a portal between this dimension and the neighboring "Spirit" Dimension. These portals or "holes" are black but always lined by faint or bright white fuzzy light. The bright parts are the morphed entity itself spread about the portal to look like what they want to look like-a person,a dog or a jet plane. The entity has no material body and is all intelligence-unvieled power that we call magic. The electromagnetic machines like vimanas can generate hugh electrostatic potential charges as it moves with the "hole" between this dimension and the spirit dimension . The Djinn come through these "holes" and look like flying saucers (or can morph into a person too).The djinn also have enormous strength and can look like beams of light. A magnetic or electromagnetic device is no match against a vimana- a portal or "hole" has to be conjured up first with the Djinn entity in it (we have to harness the Djinn entity-a living being- in order to make the Djinn move the ufo or vimana).

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

JadeStar

A reminder of where things stand with regards to exotic propulsion for interstellar travel.

MHD is not listed on there because it would not produce speeds fast enough to be considered interstellar capable.

Thanks for that JadeStar.

I did write to the French guys in OP's link to ask them about plasma doping, and how far they were from a flying demonstrator...They didn't get back to me unfortunately.

That being said I wish them the best. I think they have a nifty concept if nothing else - the power requirements are gonna be the sticking point I think. Beamed power might offer the solution in that regard.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join