It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Not So Troubled Common Christian

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Mod note:

Let's cut out the personal 'observations' about each other please.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

masqua
Mod note:

Thanks.

well hey... not implicating myself here but

isn't it the quality at which it can be performed against a majority and in civility?

it's how we educate each other... but not with foulness and derogatory comments...

the English are pros at this

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

masqua
Mod note:

Thanks.

isn't it the quality at which it can be performed against a majority and in civility?

it's how we educate each other... but not with foulness and derogatory comments...

Careful how you use the word "but"...I've heard it often negates everything that came before it.

For example: "God loves everyone, but..."
edit on 17-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

SisyphusRide

masqua
Mod note:

Thanks.

Careful how you use the word "but"...I've heard it often negates everything that came before it.

I'm sure my use was proper aye Cain?

edit on 17-12-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

AfterInfinity

SisyphusRide

masqua
Mod note:

Thanks.

I'm sure my use was proper aye Cain?

My name isn't Cain...? Although I'm sure the mistake was an innocent one.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

you need a new avatar buddy

pay no mind... my delusion is running away with me again

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I like my avatar just fine. Meanwhile, back at the actual topic...got anything more constructive to add?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I like my avatar just fine.

I do, too. It seems fitting.

Meanwhile, back at the actual topic...got anything more constructive to add?

Yeah! I do...

I'd like to address part of the last comment that you made, regarding "the actual topic":

Evidently, being confronted with the imaginary upsets the unbeliever.

Do you feel that becoming "upset", is a proper reaction to "being confronted with the imaginary"? You seem to.

As far as I'm concerned:
The OP's buddy wasn't mature enough to accept an honest answer, to his own question. This caused his ego to be damaged, so he walked away. In truth, this had very little to do with the OP's religious beliefs.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 145America/Chicago12RAmerica/Chicago2013-12-17T20:30:11-06:00Tuesdayu11America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

The question his buddy asked was obviously going to get a feedback... an.. answer. He may have asked him to see what his honest view would be.

I personally would not want to be friends with someone who thought I was going to eternally be tormented because I didn't believe like he did.

Narrow minded people and I do not see eye to eye and we do not therefor get along. To separate myself from another is putting myself upon a pedestal to say that I am better. I am not that way and try to not be that way and so I do not want people around me who are that way.

We are equally great, all of man, in his own unique way. Where there is light, the darkness will not overcome it.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

MamaJ
I personally would not want to be friends with someone who thought I was going to eternally be tormented because I didn't believe like he did.

that's taking it to extremes no?

commit mortal sin or break moral and ethical law... then maybe the court will send them to hell?

probably just best to stay off those guys radar

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

The question his buddy asked was obviously going to get a feedback... an.. answer. He may have asked him to see what his honest view would be.

I can't speak for everyone, but I know that if I ask serious questions, I always want honest answers. If I'm asked one, that's what I'll give.

If I had let one's religious beliefs effect my friendships, I would have missed many of the great friendships that I've actually had. I'm certainly glad that I never felt that way.

Narrow minded people and I do not see eye to eye and we do not therefor get along. To separate myself from another is putting myself upon a pedestal to say that I am better.

I agree. It's not good to put one's self on a pedestal. I tend to take great delight in knocking them over. I reckon that's one of my "guilty pleasures". Oh, well...

I am not that way and try to not be that way

I've read enough of your posts, to know that to be true. I respect that, greatly.

We are equally great, all of man, in his own unique way. Where there is light, the darkness will not overcome it.

I couldn't agree more! And, I sometimes wonder about that.

Sincerely,
Milt

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Do you feel that becoming "upset", is a proper reaction to "being confronted with the imaginary"? You seem to.

What would your reaction be to a schizophrenic walking up and confessing to hearing voices that demand your immediate death? I'm sure you wouldn't offer to buy them a coffee and discuss the finer details of their medical condition.

I would say that it depends on how you define "upset". If you define it as something other than a placid emotional state of relative calm, then yes, I suppose it is a proper reaction. Something along the lines of concern or reserved alarm. If by "upset" you mean "screaming and knocking over tables in a desperate bid to escape" then no, I would not say it is a proper reaction.

I've already explained the reasons for my particular instance of concern. And I feel my "concern" is an appropriate reaction.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Thread closed for staff review

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join