It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Today's Bible Authentic?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Chamberf=6
reply to post by SisyphusRide

but sometimes conversations go deep which would be considered a stray... specially after a topic is left open after it's already pretty much been answered and figured out.

But the topic has not been answered except by those whose beliefs won't let them look at the question as asked.

Ah! Interesting question: which goes in front, the cart or the horse? Too many times, posters on this (and many other) threads make assumptions about other posters which are just an over-reach. I don't mean to single you out, Chamberf=6.

In my own case, being the ex-atheist that I am, I examined the evidences for the reality of the Bible being the true Word of God, and satisfied myself that it was. I suspect that the scoffers and skeptics have not examined the evidences in an unbiased way, but have relied on sources which suit their already-existing intellectual leanings. Too many people adopt whatever belief system will place God as far away as possible. That is what multiple pages of posts boil down to.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Chamberf=6

...please don't forget to move the quote and reply buttons

?????????
I'm starting to have doubts you're not trolling looking over many of your last posts.
????

edit on 12/18/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

ok I'll drop it in the suggestion box... I'm a fan of democracy btw, specially for topic title which end in a ? mark.

don't be such a sore loser man, the bible is authentic and authentic enough to carry the message of Christ.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

If he never left then where has he been? We've fought hundreds and hundreds of wars since he rose from the dead, so where has he been if he's the prince of peace?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
2.5 billion people believe the Bible to be "Authentic"

that's a WIN! a big WIN!

OP looses...

session dismissed.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

If he never left then where has he been? We've fought hundreds and hundreds of wars since he rose from the dead, so where has he been if he's the prince of peace?

there's clues Sherlock... clues.

you gotta keep on reading and believing if ya want to find out...

it doesn't hurt to be observational about the world around you.

I pray all who have not received the word of Christ that the spirit may descend upon them so that the blind may see.

Amen

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

If he never left then where has he been?

Read: I Will Be With You Always.

He said that His Kingdom was not the kind you could see with your fleshly eyes, and that is why He always said, "The Kingdom of Heaven is like..." In time, it will be visible to all.
edit on 18-12-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

SisyphusRide
2.5 billion people believe the Bible to be "Authentic"

that's a WIN! a big WIN!

OP looses...

session dismissed.

Matthew 7
14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Your argument is called argumentum ad populum and is a fallacious argument. The popularity of something doesn't prove its authenticity, otherwise Greek mythology would have been fact 3 thousand years ago. The only thing popularity proves is its popularity, nothing else.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Read: where has he been for 2,000 years when we needed the most?

Oh yeah, he must be waiting for the right war to start THEN he'll come in the aftermath. Great plan there, especially for the ones who want to wage the wars.
edit on 33011313CST333 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

it doesn't matter... the only people asking this question have to believe in it or be losing faith.

that doesn't include anyone else...

2.5 billion+ people believe it to be authentic...

does that make the doubters truth the only truth?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

don't be such a sore loser man, the bible is authentic and authentic enough to carry the message of Christ.

Again asking the question of the threads title...should your word be the answer to this?

This thread has put good arguments that it is not.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Read: where has he been for 2,000 years when we needed the most?

Oh yeah, he must be waiting for the right war to start THEN he'll come in the aftermath. Great plan there, especially for the ones who want to wage the wars.
edit on 33011313CST333 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

I see that you will settle for nothing less than the Return of the King.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The popularity of something does not prove its authenticity, otherwise McDonald's would have the best food ever.

Actually, McDonald's is kinda like Christianity in a way. Those who don't want to cook (fix things) themselves rely on McDonald's (Jesus) for food, little do they know that relying on fast food (religion) makes you fat and lazy. The world has become fat and lazy from too much fast food, Christianity being McDonald's because its the most popular.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Chamberf=6

Again asking the question of the threads title...should your word be the answer to this?

This thread has put good arguments that it is not.

I am not speaking that language...

can you please put it into a mathematical equation so I may easily understand it?

language can be so inefficient sometimes.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think it's authentic until a carnal mind reads it and it's surprising what any document says verses what is actually written.

Every reply in this thread, on this forum, letter to and from your family, poem, textbook etc only contains words and images (and a majority of those words describe, or at least attempt, to describe images) which you decode based on your perception. In general every document is like a map with a legend, you can see the map but you cannot understand it without the legend, or even worse with a false legend (like Websters dictionary lol).

Thank God that nobody is going to a non existent place full of fire or a place of clouds and whatnot, thank God that God is a teacher who teaches with wisdom and understanding and not cruel and unfathomable judgements, thank God that everything inside and beyond life and death is a continual process meant to save us all, and thank God that God is not a man just as Isaiah said!

Just lol, we will all laugh at the simplicity later on but until then, let's hate each other over written words and then say we are justified in doing so.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
it's circular logic... self defeating and never achieves closure.

not a good way to live unless you're fighting injustice...

are Christians fighting injustice?

is there a Holy War I'm unaware of?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Too many times, posters on this (and many other) threads make assumptions about other posters which are just an over-reach.

I suspect that the scoffers and skeptics have not examined the evidences in an unbiased way, but have relied on sources which suit their already-existing intellectual leanings. Too many people adopt whatever belief system will place God as far away as possible. That is what multiple pages of posts boil down to.

Aren't you making assumptions, then, as well?

"Scoffers and skeptics" , may have examined the evidence as you did (including myself) and come to a different conclusion.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

why analyze something the scoffers don't believe in? are they saving humanity or something?

what are they saving humanity from?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You:

2.5 billion people believe the Bible to be "Authentic" that's a WIN! a big WIN! OP looses... session dismissed.

You:

I am not speaking that language... can you please put it into a mathematical equation so I may easily understand it? language can be so inefficient sometimes.

Ok simple math for you then--
That means 4.5 billion don't believe it to be "authentic".

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

why analyze something the scoffers don't believe in? are they saving humanity or something?

Who said "scoffers" (those who don't believe what you believe, that the bible is authentic) think they are "saving the world"??

It just means "they" don't agree with you. Plain as that.
edit on 12/18/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Chamberf=6

SisyphusRide

Who said "scoffers" (those who don't believe what you believe, that the bible is authentic) think they are "saving the world"??

well what are they doing? Dawkins and Harris for instance...

I don't sit around and analyze Lord of The Rings...

what's the truth then? tell us please

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join