It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical � Next USA Presidential candidates could both be women.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
What do you think the odds are of this happening? And who would you
vote for if it did happen? Please try to keep any discussions civil.

Republican = Condoleezza Rice
Democrat = Hillary Clinton

Think the USA is ready for a woman in the white house?

[edit on 19-11-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Been posted for almost a day and no one has anything to say?

Mods: If I posted this in the wrong section feel free to move it. I wasn't sure if this fit into the Political Ideology section or not so I posted it here.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
No one's replying because they're probably afraid they will get "flamed" for either choice.

I'm going to say HILLARY. I got on my flame retardant suit today. lol.
But I don't think the odds of these two running at the same time is a very great one.
Yes, I do think the U.S. is ready for a woman president. I see no reason at all for not haveing one.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I want to add though, that even if Condaleeza Rice won, it might be a win/win situation in a way for many people here in the U.S. As far as breaking down the barriers between sex and race.
As for Rice's policies, I would be afraid that too many of those would be similar to Bush's. From haveing been around him so long.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I also think the USA is ready for a female Commander and Chief but maybe I'm being naive about the mindset of the majority of US voters. I really do think that Hillary is going to run next term and I honestly believe that the Republicans are prepping Rice to as a possible candidate. WHo can steal the women vote and the african american vote away from the dems better than a black female candidate? I know many people think Rudi Giuliani will be the next Republican candidate but I think that many Republicans see Rudi as too liberal on a lot of issues so he isn�t going to get the vote.

If we do have a woman elected President in the next election how will other countries deal with having to work with a female leader? Many countries throughout the world see women as property and second class citizens. How will the leaders of these types of countries feel about an American President who is a woman?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
They'll simply have to accept it if they wish to deal with the U.S. America helps to shape world views alot by our own examples.
Women have had put up with predjudice as have blacks. I'm sure alot of prejudiced white people were horrified that they had to share water fountains, restaurants, and other things with blacks at first. I'm sure many men were horrified when women got the right to vote.
But it takes that first step. I believe that chooseing a woman president, black or white, would go a long way towards better equality or treatment of all citizens. That's what I believe.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Uh, there have been female leaders before..... UK, India(uh, one of those area countries, India just the name I am familiar with) so a female presidnet is no big thing world wide. But only way I see a woman making it into office is if both candidates are women, you could have Hillary vs a gay jewish mentally handicapped man and the man would win because he is a man and Hillary isn't, maybe....

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
besides, obviously the US governement isn't really concerned with what the rest of the world thinks anyhow.......

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm not saying the US should be concerned or that it even matters what the rest of the world thinks. I'm just saying it would be a huge deal for the USA to have a female in charge of the country. While I think a female could run the country as good as any man I also think a lot of people in the country would like to see a female prez fail miserably.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Man, the next republican candidate for US president is gonna be Arnold Swarzenegger! with all the promotion he gets, the whole NWO is behind him! Yesterday CNN Insigned talked about it!

But Arnold for President is an old hat: in the movie Demolition Man, there is a dialog between Stallone and Bullock about the Arnold Swartchzenegger presidential library! Yes, in 2026, history has Arnold being a president!

And that's 1993. The NWO has long term plans.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I don't think the NWO was behind the movie Demolition Man. It is more likely from the sense of humor of a script writer. I don't see Arnold as the next prez either. They won't change the constitution to allow foreigners to become president. It's just not popular with the conservative USA groups and the republicans and the demicates are now playing to the conservative groups more than ever after the last election. But that whole topic is really off topic from the discussion.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I see the next republican candidate being someone like Bill Frist. Maybe, just maybe John McCain. He's not in line with the people who control the party now, so he probably won't make it. As for Arnold, I hope not. If we change the constitution for the sake of one man....

The Democrats.....I really don't know. Hillary might run, but she wouldn't win. There's so much hate for her in red America, and even within the Dem. party. Kerry might run again. Howard Dean and Wes Clark might try again. I don't know.....don't really see much hope.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Obama maybe? Anyone see him running? I could see him running, but i guess this isn't really answering the question at hand. Just throwing that out there for discussion.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hillary - is hated more than Bush. Though you could argue that Bush did get elected, but I think you have to consider who was running against him - who was that anyway? I bet it won't take long for everyone to really forget.

I really don't think Hillary will ever succeed at becoming the President unless she runs against a nobody. If I were on the Clinton team that's the strategy I would use. Work the other side to get someone in place that she can beat, just like Bush's team did.

As far as Rice goes, I don't think she's the right candidate either, but if you asked me to pick between the two I'd have to say Rice. I think we still have too many bigots in the US to have an African American become president, but then you never know.

But, hey were talking about the future here. Bush hasn't even started his 4 year term yet. Though I guess talking about this gives the Democrats something to dream about and take their mind of reality for the next 1000 nights or so.

[edit on 20-11-2004 by outsider]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
If (and I consider this possible but not probable), Dick cheney were to retire in a year for health reasons and Bush were to nominate his Secretary of State as Vice President, then I think you'd see Dr. Rice running for President in 2008.

new topics

top topics

join