It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming is a Lie, there's snow outside my door. And on the roof. And on the road.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
And Santa Clause is come-i-n-g to tooooooooow-n.

Global warming can't be real because santa uses a sled. Which is in the North Pole. Explain how you can have a north pole, santa, AND a sled, with no snow?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Global warming is a lie because Alex Jones said so

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Don't you know that snowing in Egypt and Israel is a sign of global warming, don't you know that you need heat for snow to fall!!!!

The Sky is falling because the globe is warming !

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Haven't you seen "the day after tomorrow"?

its the oceans that are warming... specifically the north atlantic current

Movies don't lie man

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
When you get older, you usually get a little snow on the roof. A little hair dye takes care of that.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Explain how you can have a north pole, santa, AND a sled, with no snow?

Attach landing gear perhaps! Turn the sled rails into inline skates. Those Elves are good at that sort of thing.

Don't worry, be happy!

P

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

rickymouse
When you get older, you usually get a little snow on the roof. A little hair dye takes care of that.

Just because there is snow on the roof, it doesn't mean there's no fire in the hearth.

You should also make sure the "carpet" always matches the "drapes" if you're going to do a touch up.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by boncho

Haven't you seen "the day after tomorrow"?

its the oceans that are warming... specifically the north atlantic current

Movies don't lie man

Funny, because Stargate is one of my favourite movies, but that doesn't make big hair dude or the guy that talks like he has a tuba up his ass, on AA, any more convincing.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Morning,

I'd say "Merry X-mas" but people can be funny like that...so I'll just say Merry Wednesday instead...

www.ocregister.com...

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Global warming is full of holes as a theory, we all know that. I think the fact is that there are better reasons to totally end all requirement for fossil fuels than are offered by advocates of that increasingly dodgy looking premise.

Politically and financially, continued reliance on fossil fuel products for energy purposes is an unsustainable position for the human race, since constant friction between suppliers and consumers, caused by unreasonable pricing, and its comensurate effects on the price of every product requiring transportation of any kind, results in an unassailable rift between those in poverty, and the stability that every human being ought to be able to expect from life in the 21st century.

On the geopolitical scale, one nation relying on another for critical resources is a fools game, because it makes the nation which owns the raw material a target for greed, and fanatics, and makes nations reliant on the raw material weak, unable to fend of rising prices from suppliers.

But there are other reasons too, like the fact that spewing carbon out of engines and manufacturing processes can be harmful to human health, and exposure to it increases risk of all manner of respiratory complaints, like asthma, and even more devastating sicknesses like cancers and what have you. When you also consider that most fossil fuel sources are also flammable, they present quite a danger to human health from accident and sabotage.

The fact is, that the only reason we continue to use these fuels is because research into alternatives is either bought up by, or originates from, companies which have a vested interest in continuing to sell crude oil, and its many derivatives, meaning that one cannot trust that any invention which might equal the benifits of fossil fuels (like performance and ease of use) will not be immediately buried, or priced so outrageously high, that fossil still looks like a better alternative.

We know that petroleum and like products have volatile vapour which explodes unless carefully contained away from ignition sources, so they are not safe. We know that inhaling those vapours and the burnt particulate exhaust from engines which use them, can be lethal long term, and immediately lethal short term (i.e. suicide by exhaust and so on), and we know that reliance on them weakens nations and strengthens greed in some nations.

If we want to move past this period of human history, better than when we came into it, the human race must learn better, cleaner, cheaper ways of getting around, heating their homes, powering their gadgets, providing for their needs across the board, than we do today. None of that has anything to do with the weather you are getting, or can expect to get next year at the same time.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Global warming, global cooling...doesn't matter to me what the technical term is. All I know is last night we had winds of 120km that sent our bbq sailing into the support post of our front deck taking out both. Ever try to salvage a smashed bbq in a tornado of snow? That's what it felt like.
Then this morning I had to shovel 25cm of heavy snow from the driveway.
So Mr. Gore...you are welcome to come shovel here anytime.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Global warming is actually a typo. It was meant to be global arming. But people jumped up on it so they decided to not correct the typo. And now it's a billion dollar business to pay for global arming.

top topics

join