It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Tarot readers wanna give this a go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
(I apologize if this is in the wrong forum) I have never been a serious tarot reader as I am still familiarizing myself with cards and their meaning. I normally wouldn't ask for other opinions and don't intend on making a habit out of it, I am trying to figure out things that are important and very difficult for me to navigate with "viewing" and dream analysis....actually these 2 methods are actually making things seem more complicated as I may explain later. I hope someone will be kind enough to come along and perhaps offer a guiding hand.

Just to keep things objective, I don't want to give away too much background information. I only have one picture as the pictures aren't coming out very clear to begin with. Both readings have to do with finding some insight into the source or reason for spiritual chaos surrounding a friend of mine and someone who's spiritual chaos absolutely wreaked hell in my life.

This is the first reading. I asked what kind of spiritual influence does person A have over person B

In case you can't see it: this is the classic celtic cross spread and the cards are:
1. King of wands
2. Death (reversed)
3.8 of pentacles
4. The moon
5. Wheel of fortune (reversed)
6. The Lovers
7. Ace of cups (reversed)
8. Ace of wands (reversed)
9. The tower (reversed)
10. 5 of cups (reversed)

It almost seems that person A is absolutely preventing someone from moving on with their life and refusing themselves to move on and inflicting as much damage as they can to try and draw hem back.

The second reading Is for a friend who has quite a bit of spiritual activity around her and her family. I didn't do any classic spreads but here are my questions and what I got :

Tell me about "Jane" = Death (reversed)
What does this card relate to in her life =8 of pentacle
What is this spiritual presence around "Jane" = Death (upright)
What should Jane do about this presence= High Priestess (reversed)
What message is this presence trying to convey to "Jane" = Knight of Swords

For the second reading, I am thinking this spirit may actually be trying to block her intuitive process and be trying to cause a break in their marriage(I believe that the knight of swords may represent her husband) by inflicting strings of bad financial luck or that this spirit is trying to help her ease a transition that she is resisting and she is refusing to listen.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by paleorchid13

I

don't play the cards any more ..

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Komodo

I

don't play the cards any more ..

Are you making fun of my horrible tarot skills , or is that a non dabbling warning ( I'm too stubborn for that)?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

It has been awhile, and I can't find my notes, so I will have to do this from memory.

The first card represents the querent, person the reading is about. The Kind of wands or staffs is a person capable of manifesting change in the world, a person with the ability to make physical things happen.

The second card, represents what is preventing the person from their goal. Death prevents the end of the old self, but reversed it means that the change will not be complete, the lessons not learned, possibly that change will not be good.

The third card represents the past, what is behind the querent. The 8 of coins represents a new business adventure, so the query might have recently began on some new endeavor, new profession, perhaps.

The fourth card represents what has recently happened to the querent. The moon represents recent physic activity, intuitive influences. This fits in with what you are saying.

The fifth card is what crowns the querent, what may happen in the future. Wheel of fortune (reversed) means possible loss of fortune.

So far I would think that the querent is worried about failure in this new enterprise, and what is holding them back is a failure to complete a change in themselves.

The sixth card represents what is in the near future. The Lovers represent an attraction, a positive temptation.

The Seventh card represents what the querent fears. The Ace of cups reversed represents a bad start to an emotional issue, failure to find happiness.

The eight card represents what the querent must overcome, in order to reach their goal. Ace of wands (reversed) means a failure to get started on an endeavor.

The ninth card represents the querents hopes, and opinions on the matter. The tower (reversed) means destruction of things that have been holding the querent back. Freedom gained at great cost.

The 10th card represents what the cards predicts will happen. 5 of cups (reversed) is actually a good thing. The five of anything is always bad, so good when reversed, in this case the return of happiness, emotional fulfillment.

This is a good reading. I would say the querent is trying to change, and knows that they must change in order to succeed at some new adventure. This person has recently experienced some intuitive guidance. They probably see a significant loss coming in the near future. The will likely find a new dream in the near future. They fear a bad start, inability to find happiness in this new enterprise. They are willing to pay greatly in order to succeed, and will probably finds the happiness they seek, or more accurately that they wish to regain.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
A more flexible approach would be to use scrying. Here is a link to a great book on the subject:
www.amazon.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

poet1b

It has been awhile, and I can't find my notes, so I will have to do this from memory.

The first card represents the querent, person the reading is about. The Kind of wands or staffs is a person capable of manifesting change in the world, a person with the ability to make physical things happen.

The second card, represents what is preventing the person from their goal. Death prevents the end of the old self, but reversed it means that the change will not be complete, the lessons not learned, possibly that change will not be good.

The third card represents the past, what is behind the querent. The 8 of coins represents a new business adventure, so the query might have recently began on some new endeavor, new profession, perhaps.

The fourth card represents what has recently happened to the querent. The moon represents recent physic activity, intuitive influences. This fits in with what you are saying.

The fifth card is what crowns the querent, what may happen in the future. Wheel of fortune (reversed) means possible loss of fortune.

So far I would think that the querent is worried about failure in this new enterprise, and what is holding them back is a failure to complete a change in themselves.

The sixth card represents what is in the near future. The Lovers represent an attraction, a positive temptation.

The Seventh card represents what the querent fears. The Ace of cups reversed represents a bad start to an emotional issue, failure to find happiness.

The eight card represents what the querent must overcome, in order to reach their goal. Ace of wands (reversed) means a failure to get started on an endeavor.

The ninth card represents the querents hopes, and opinions on the matter. The tower (reversed) means destruction of things that have been holding the querent back. Freedom gained at great cost.

The 10th card represents what the cards predicts will happen. 5 of cups (reversed) is actually a good thing. The five of anything is always bad, so good when reversed, in this case the return of happiness, emotional fulfillment.

This is a good reading. I would say the querent is trying to change, and knows that they must change in order to succeed at some new adventure. This person has recently experienced some intuitive guidance. They probably see a significant loss coming in the near future. The will likely find a new dream in the near future. They fear a bad start, inability to find happiness in this new enterprise. They are willing to pay greatly in order to succeed, and will probably finds the happiness they seek, or more accurately that they wish to regain.

You have a very good interpretation. So you think person A has a good influence on person B because this is the question I asked ? My dreams and readings aren't so telling because identity gets mixed up and I see myself or aspects of myself as separate people and it's as though I'm seeing/dreaming through them. It makes it very difficult to separate myself from the querent.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

werewolf99
A more flexible approach would be to use scrying. Here is a link to a great book on the subject:
www.amazon.com... [/quote

I don't think scrying is for me. It is a very passive means and I don't have the patience for it.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I am not actually Necrobile but his girlfriend, however I've got 13 years of Tarot experience so I figured I'd give this a try.

I normally don't do Celtic Cross or spreads in general because I find they can convolute/complicate answers or information; I normally stick to just 3 cards which gives straightforward answers. I also don't normally do reverses for the same reason, but I can still interpret regardless.

For this spread there's a lot of negativity all throughout. The cards that pull a lot of attention here are Death and the reversed Tower card. Anytime Major Arcana cards appear in a spread, their message is especially significant, but I personally feel the Tower card is a big deal.

People go through bad experiences and learn life lessons from it, evolve, etc. Supposedly each time a person fails to learn a very important life lesson, they are doomed to repeat that over and over, only it gets worse each time.

When a person either just refuses to learn or is ignorant to the lesson for too long, they go through things I call Tower Experiences. Tower experiences are never easy and normally aren't enjoyable, but if you succeed to figure it out the wisdom gained is worth the trouble. It's basically an ultimatum where you either learn your lesson finally or watch a solid foundation/situation/relationship completely and inevitably crumble. Now keep in mind that the Tower card is a Neutral card, and therefore there isn't necessarily a true right or wrong choice here, but rather it depends on what YOU want for your life or the person.

The Death card is similar to the Tower in the fact that's it's Neutral as well and it refers to renewal, rebirth, the essential death and transformation of a person or situation. The card in the second position of this spread, and the fact that it's reversed, are suggesting that this male (King of Wands) is refusing or having trouble moving on or preventing or attributing to someone else not moving on (learning lesson, etc.) I'm a little confused on who is person A and who is B but hopefully this still makes sense.

One thing I'd like to say is that in this spread, it's telling me that both parties are partially/equally responsible for this Tower experience, and the direction it's going so far suggests they aren't learning the lesson.

The spirit you mentioned also, and in according with the cards that came up, suggest that the spirit isn't necessarily trying to help or harm "Jane" but rather that it's just...how do I say this...being itself, doing what it wants, what comes naturally. Maybe this entity is just curious and happens to be coexisting with "Jane", but there's no special message. In fact the reversed High Priestess really sold that for me. She's saying that "Jane" doesn't need to do or not do anything and that even if she did, she doesn't have the means or knowledge at this time to effect this spirit for whatever reason. Most importantly that being that the High Priestess is both mystery and magic, she states that she's not going to tell "Jane" what to do because she doesn't need to know right now. If this entity is violent, then perhaps the cards are speaking that there's nothing she can really do about it and it might be better just to leave. If the spirit is calm or friendly, then there's nothing to worry about.

You mentioned something later about a "marriage" being split apart by the spirit, but the cards say this is more the couple's own doing rather than the entity and that the spirit may just be exacerbating the already unstable situation. In truth, the cards suggest the couple may already know what must be done but may be too worried or stubborn to make that decision yet.

That's all I can think of right now, hope that helped.

edit on 15-12-2013 by Necrobile because: grammar nazi

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Necrobile

When a person either just refuses to learn or is ignorant to the lesson for too long, they go through things I call Tower Experiences. Tower experiences are never easy and normally aren't enjoyable, but if you succeed to figure it out the wisdom gained is worth the trouble. It's basically an ultimatum where you either learn your lesson finally or watch a solid foundation/situation/relationship completely and inevitably crumble. Now keep in mind that the Tower card is a Neutral card, and therefore there isn't necessarily a true right or wrong choice here, but rather it depends on what YOU want for your life or the person.

The Death card is similar to the Tower in the fact that's it's Neutral as well and it refers to renewal, rebirth, the essential death and transformation of a person or situation. The card in the second position of this spread, and the fact that it's reversed, are suggesting that this male (King of Wands) is refusing or having trouble moving on or preventing or attributing to someone else not moving on (learning lesson, etc.) I'm a little confused on who is person A and who is B but hopefully this still makes sense.

One thing I'd like to say is that in this spread, it's telling me that both parties are partially/equally responsible for this Tower experience, and the direction it's going so far suggests they aren't learning the lesson.

edit on 15-12-2013 by Necrobile because: grammar nazi

Yes , person A throws darts literally in a psychic way....this person is so engulfed in her rage it's easily manipulated ....I forgot about that. person B has literally destroyed lives with reckless behavior and refuses to take accountability or responsibility for their actions. Has 4 special needs children to two woman and doesn't even have a drivers license.

edit on 16-12-2013 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

The spirit you mentioned also, and in according with the cards that came up, suggest that the spirit isn't necessarily trying to help or harm "Jane" but rather that it's just...how do I say this...being itself, doing what it wants, what comes naturally. Maybe this entity is just curious and happens to be coexisting with "Jane", but there's no special message. In fact the reversed High Priestess really sold that for me. She's saying that "Jane" doesn't need to do or not do anything and that even if she did, she doesn't have the means or knowledge at this time to effect this spirit for whatever reason. Most importantly that being that the High Priestess is both mystery and magic, she states that she's not going to tell "Jane" what to do because she doesn't need to know right now. If this entity is violent, then perhaps the cards are speaking that there's nothing she can really do about it and it might be better just to leave. If the spirit is calm or friendly, then there's nothing to worry about.
reply to post by Necrobile

I have for awhile believed this was a manifestation of her own suppressed energy ...but I also believe she is a natural medium and drawing things to her .

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
just for redefining of which card is for what for those who need a refresher...
Celtic Cross spread

new topics

top topics

join