It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warmhearted cop gives the shirt off his back to homeless man shivering in freezing New York City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Warmhearted cop gives the shirt off his back to homeless man shivering in freezing New York City

One New York City cop gave the sweater he was wearing to a homeless man who was dressed only in a thermal undershirt Friday when temperatures dropped to 23 degrees. Officer Carlos Ramos, 29, was assigned to look for suspicious activity near the United Nations in midtown Manhattan when he spotted Robert William sitting on a sidewalk outside the Robert Moses Park dog run. William was sitting barefoot because his shoes had gotten soaked, and had taken off his other shirt to try and wrap it around his freezing cold feet.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Not all cops are bad or horrible, there are a lot of decent ones out there....

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Best kind of Police work and a good thing someone got it recorded. With humanity like this, cops gain respect and the admiration from the public that has been going down the drain far too long. Decent man.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Nice to hear of some humanity for a change, I wish the rest of the world would take more notice of men like this.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Very true, I bet a lot of things go on like this and are not reported but all the bad ones are....

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I found this newspaper once, at a festival I went to, it was called like pleasant news or something like that. It was all full of the good things people have done in the world recently, and it was the best newspaper I've ever read. I can't find it anywhere though, so I'm going to go to a festival in the summer and try hunt it down!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Why it has to be a police man. How many civilians passed in front of this homless man ignoring him?

Muchas gracias Carlos Ramos, Dios lo bendiga.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
nice to see a cop in america protecting life for a change but storie's like this are few and far between but is is good to see that good cops are still there

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Of course some cop hater will come in to say it was staged....

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
When we moved to a reasonably large town many years ago, I used to see beggars on the Main Street with their little dogs and cap in front of them. Rather than give them money, I would buy them a hot pie and cup of soup or coffee etc.
Did this until I saw them every single day and followed one who went into a big flash car and had it parked about half a mile from where he sat.
I soon stopped that as it was the same ones doing it every day.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

HomerinNC

It's staged

Here's the thread from last year .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't know if it's staged or not but it is that time of year and I'm always suspicious when these spontaneous acts of kindness are accompanied by photographs .

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

gortex

HomerinNC

It's staged

Here's the thread from last year .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't know if it's staged or not but it is that time of year and I'm always suspicious when these spontaneous acts of kindness are accompanied by photographs .

Different cop, different guy.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Different cop, different guy.

Indeed but same scenario same PD , I'm all for random acts of kindness but but if it smells like a publicity stunt then it generally is .
William Farrington holds the copyright to the pictures and is a freelance photojournaist , was he there by coincidence ?
www.linkedin.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I suppose we will never know the full truth anyway....

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

gortex

Are you suspicious of pics that paint cops in a poor light as well?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Are you suspicious of pics that paint cops in a poor light as well?

I'm suspicious of anything MSM tries to feed me , especially at this time of year.

new topics

top topics

join